• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Just a heads up folks.

Within next week, Planck and I will be doing a cleanup of our sources for GoW and removing WoG where it's not even needed to begin with or the description itself is self-evident (Like, imagine having to actually ask devs if the stars in the sky are real stars). And yeah, that includes the Temple of Helios scans for some reason, despite it being already shown on here that the minigame existed once before it got nuked (Because "muh unverifiability").

However, this will not result in any major downgrades whatsoever. Consider it as merely replacing outdated stuff with official sources and what-have-you, and reducing our reliance on WoG as a whole where it's just needless pedantry and nitpicking.

Just a heads up folks.

Within next week, Planck and I will be doing a cleanup of our sources for GoW and removing WoG where it's not even needed to begin with or the description itself is self-evident (Like, imagine having to actually ask devs if the stars in the sky are real stars). And yeah, that includes the Temple of Helios scans for some reason, despite it being already shown on here that the minigame existed once before it got nuked (Because "muh unverifiability").

However, this will not result in any major downgrades whatsoever. Consider it as merely replacing outdated stuff with official sources and what-have-you, and reducing our reliance on WoG as a whole where it's just needless pedantry and nitpicking.
Does GoW profile even use WoG tho ? Or WoG are used in cosmology blog only ?

Does GoW profile even use WoG tho ? Or WoG are used in cosmology blog only ?
For a large chunk of them? Nope, whatever WoG is there is only to clarify what already exists in the source material. Else we never would've used them, it'd be against the rules.

Last edited:
You said that you're removing Temple of Helios's stuff though, right?
That stuff is just support. The Ascension artbook is the real deal, as is Gaia's stuff from the Bonus Video of GoW2. Without the artbook and the statement we have for Gaia, everything falls apart

For a large chunk of them? Nope, whatever WoG is there is only to clarify what already exists in the source material. Else we never would've used them, it'd be against the rules.
Good to know. I believe now someone would think GoW Artbook 2013 is fake because they can't buy that stuff anymore lol

Decent video.
Chuck's my boi, but I think I disagree with a couple things, the verdict too.

Chuck's right on things like Doomguy being faster, but more skilled and experienced? Nah. I feel like Kratos has dealt with more versatile opponents over his 18 years than Doomguys 30.

Of course Doomguy has killed demons in hell over the course of eons, but Kratos has killed folks with similar age and experience to that, like the Furies, Thanatos, Ares, and Odin.

Also Kratos can absolutely get stronger and faster when he kills. Each kill with the blades will give him strength and speed while zapping the life force of whoever's hit. If this is GOW 3 Kratos he will rapidly get stronger and faster passively.

Kratos has too many abilities The Slayer hasn't yet shown to have an answer to, and I think currently Kratos haxstomps.

The Slayer outranging Kratos? Depends on the equipment Kratos has tbh. And the Golden Fleece and Guardian Shield can deal with firearms and explosives.

I think Kratos wins pretty easily tbh.

If Asura vs Kratos does make it, expect BS for either side (reason as to why is because of Billcord trauma, if you didn't know, Bill cipher (Gravity falls) vs Discord was a very troublesome match ip as it brought much heated arguments...and how one-sided it was (discord can literally everything bill can but better and has better feats and scaling reason), Be keen on the word "it" so match happens and somehow Bill wins, a pythmic battle...but who the **** cares about winning the war, the battle is what it's important.)

If Asura vs Kratos does make it, expect BS for either side (reason as to why is because of Billcord trauma, if you didn't know, Bill cipher (Gravity falls) vs Discord was a very troublesome match ip as it brought much heated arguments...and how one-sided it was (discord can literally everything bill can but better and has better feats and scaling reason), Be keen on the word "it" so match happens and somehow Bill wins, a pythmic battle...but who the **** cares about winning the war, the battle is what it's important.)
The broadcast already brought up inf stats for Kratos pretty sure

Most people on the DB reddit recognised the G1 blog and most agree Kratos does win.

Decent video.
Chuck's my boi, but I think I disagree with a couple things, the verdict too.

Chuck's right on things like Doomguy being faster, but more skilled and experienced? Nah. I feel like Kratos has dealt with more versatile opponents over his 18 years than Doomguys 30.

Of course Doomguy has killed demons in hell over the course of eons, but Kratos has killed folks with similar age and experience to that, like the Furies, Thanatos, Ares, and Odin.

Also Kratos can absolutely get stronger and faster when he kills. Each kill with the blades will give him strength and speed while zapping the life force of whoever's hit. If this is GOW 3 Kratos he will rapidly get stronger and faster passively.

Kratos has too many abilities The Slayer hasn't yet shown to have an answer to, and I think currently Kratos haxstomps.

The Slayer outranging Kratos? Depends on the equipment Kratos has tbh. And the Golden Fleece and Guardian Shield can deal with firearms and explosives.

I think Kratos wins pretty easily tbh.

On the wiki, I can make an argument for Demigod Kratos winning in speed equal, let alone his God or Hope states.

Back