• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

It was a combination feat so no.
Alright.

What do you think about a feat from fenrir eating the sun at ragnarok? I can't exactly remember from where that is but i think it's from myths and legends or myths of Midgard.

Developers also said all Creation myths and stuff like that are 100% valid.

What do you think about a feat from fenrir eating the sun at ragnarok? I can't exactly remember from where that is but i think it's from myths and legends or myths of Midgard.
That's within Vanaheim. All the other Realms have their own Sun and Moon and stars.

Developers also said all Creation myths and stuff like that are 100% valid.
Yes. It's why the Greek Primordials creating the universe is just as valid as Odin carving out the 9 Realms from Ymir. They co-exist side-by-side with each other.

That's within Vanaheim. All the other Realms have their own Sun and Moon and stars.
I know, do you know from where that feat os from thought?
Yes. It's why the Greek Primordials creating the universe is just as valid as Odin carving out the 9 Realms from Ymir. They co-exist side-by-side with each other.
That developers statment is more so referring to gaia creating Uranus and nyx/chaos creating the world.

Does he? I remember reading about this even before the game came out, that Fenrir will grow so big he will run throughout the Midgard and then devour the sun.
No, it was in clear reference to Skoll and Hati. They're the ones that devour the Sun and Moon.

I'm pretty sure Planck should know what i'm referring to. We already talked about this some time ago i think.

I'm trying to find where it's from but i can't find it.

I'm pretty sure Planck should know what i'm referring to. We already talked about this some time ago i think.

I'm trying to find where it's from but i can't find it.
It's from Norse Mythology but in God of War's continuity, it is specifically Skoll and Hati.

It's from Norse Mythology but in God of War's continuity, it is specifically Skoll and Hati.
Nah, i know it's the skoll and hati who devour the sun and moon.
But there is a piece of GoW lore that states fenrir does as well, i just can't seem to remember from where it's from.

Nah, i know it's the skoll and hati who devour the sun and moon.
But there is a piece of GoW lore that states fenrir does as well, i just can't seem to remember from where it's from.
Idk know about it either if that's the case.

You definitely did mention it some months back i think. I thought it's from book of pages but i think it's not.
Regardless, it's most likely back from before SSM really set their interpretation of Norse mythology in stone.

She hasn't been shown to be able to use it on herself, and even if she could, Freya admits that it's an insanely tough spell to use.
Eh, she just says "no small amount of Vanir magic". Like, that's less a difficulty indicator and moreso that it's a high level magic use.

But yeah, she's never used it on herself AFAIK.

Shouldn't Atreus get Abstract existence type 2 for being a child of Kratos, a greek god?

Surtr should also get Abstract existence type 2 for being of the same nature as ymir, a being described as primordial chaos and life vessel.

Don't think Atreus simply being a child of Kratos would be enough for him having abstract existence. Surtr maybe? Can't remember a whole lot about the nature of his being off the top of my head but it sounds like a solid case could be made for him.

Don't think Atreus simply being a child of Kratos would be enough for him having abstract existence. Surtr maybe? Can't remember a whole lot about the nature of his being off the top of my head but it sounds like a solid case could be made for him.
I mean, when Atreus almost died in 2018 game, the whole sky turned red and stuff, similar to what gods had going for them when they died.

Shouldn't Atreus get Abstract existence type 2 for being a child of Kratos, a greek god?
LMAO what why

That's not how Abstract Existence works. Kratos no longer has those powers he had back in Greece, least of all AE Type 2, which he gave up with Hope.

Surtr should also get Abstract existence type 2 for being of the same nature as ymir, a being described as primordial chaos and life vessel.
I am afraid it isn't that simple.

You explicitly need to be stated to be the embodiment of something abstract in nature or similar. Being the same nature is not enough without further context.

I mean, when Atreus almost died in 2018 game, the whole sky turned red and stuff, similar to what gods had going for them when they died.
That's just Weather Manip, not AE. Also the novel states Kratos and the other gods were at play there, not Atreus himself. Atreus doesn't embody anything in particular like the other gods do.

This isn't like Uranus or Zeus embodying the skies or Poseidon embodying the oceans, or Hades embodying the Underworld.

I am afraid it isn't that simple.

You explicitly need to be stated to be the embodiment of something abstract in nature or similar. Being the same nature is not enough without further context.
He is described as primordial being, so yes, he should have it. Primordial beings in GoW specifically are abstract in nature.

He is described as primordial being, so yes, he should have it. Primordial beings in GoW specifically are abstract in nature.
No, he shouldn't without good-enough evidence.

Only the Greek Primordials are like that, because they are explicitly stated to be so (Uranus being the literal concept of the universe, Thanatos being literally Death itself, Nyx being the Night Sky and its concept, and Morpheus literally being Dreams itself, and so on and so forth). Norse Primordials have nothing going for them on that front except being similar in terms of power level and the dimensionality of their hax.

Same reason why the Furies aren't AE Type 1 just because they originated from the blood of Chaos. Rather they're AE Type 2 for being law and oaths incarnate.

No, only the Greek Primordials are like that, because they are explicitly stated to be so (Uranus being the literal concept of the universe, Thanatos being literally Death itself, Nyx being the Night Sky and its concept, and Morpheus literally being Dreams itself, and so on and so forth). Norse Primordials have nothing going for them except being similar in terms of power level and the dimensionality of their hax.

Same reason why the Furies aren't AE Type 1 just because they originated from the blood of Chaos. Rather they're AE Type 2 for being law and oaths incarnate.
Magic and souls work the same throughout two pantheons, that's a massive stretch to not think ymir and surtr aren't the true embodiments.
Hell, ymir is stated to be a vessel for life itself from whom everything and everyone originated from.

Magic and souls work the same throughout two pantheons, that's a massive stretch to not think ymir and surtr aren't the true embodiments.
Embodiment shit is a lot more finicky than just sharing magic dimensionality and form of souls, and don't even get me started on the issue of trying to scale CM Type 1 Manip to the Norse Primordials like that.

Just because they're of the same power level, doesn't even remotely imply that they'll give 1:1 power sets. Our standards on hax like this are far stricter than one would care to know about.

Hell, ymir is stated to be a vessel for life itself from whom everything and everyone originated from.
Being a vessel for life =/= Embodiment of something. Our AE standards are far, far stricter than that.

Like, the sky/heavens are literally his brain.
That literally isn't the same as being called "Quintessential Abstractions" (Or quintessential Earth Goddess in the case of Gaia) or being literally refered to as "the Heavens". Hell, we know for a fact that the Norse Primordials don't predate reality, they predate 7 of the 9 Realms (Minus Muspelheim and Niflheim).

It's really not, Characters get abstract existence for far less evidence. And like i said, the sky is the literal brains of ymir.

Also, you don't need to predate really for abstract existence type 2.

Back