• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

321f592c9328f5f5ab641db74e9993a8.jpg

just want to share egyptian stuff🗿

btw i'm understand about different angular axis, but i'm not quite understand about zero volume thing. Can someone elaborate it more ?

Surtr indirectly wanking Primordials of all Pantheons is surely a wild treat.

Surtr after looking at Blades of Chaos: Yeah there's Primordial Fires in them.

Kratos: They are not of these lands.

Surtr: Shouldn't matter.

And here people thought Ragnarok was going to debunk the cosmology. Instead, it acts as a clutch save to bring back Tier 1 Athena and establish 5D Low 1-C Chaos, just as ParadoxIndifferent and Gilver intended

So Surt's statement about primordial power not mattering where it comes from is what is upscaling even the non top-god tiers is what I am hearing correctly?

Is that the only evidence or is there more out of curiosity?

So Surt's statement about primordial power not mattering where it comes from is what is upscaling even the non top-god tiers is what I am hearing correctly?

Is that the only evidence or is there more out of curiosity?
That's not where the upscaling for the magic comes from. That one from Surtr just proves Norse Primordial Magics and Greek Primordial Magics (And by extension, other Primordial Magics from other realms) to be of the same potency. Though then again, Mimir had long before in 2018 confirmed that the Pantheons as a whole were as strong as any other, neither being overtly more powerful than the other.

The real upscaling, however, comes from this (Which also honestly has not changed since the inception of the GoW Magic System Explanation Page):

5D = Primordial Magics = Runic Magics = Seidr Magics = Vanir Magics = Bifrost Magics < Light of Alfheim (Which will also become 5D via its own evidence as was shown in the Yggdrasil CRT, let LoA is greater than all those because nobody in the Norse Pantheon would dare go anywhere near the light, even Odin as fake Tyr freaked the **** out when he heard Kratos survived going inside the Light of Alfheim, and Freya comments even she wouldn't be stupid enough to go anywhere near it in a million years, Kratos is the only person who has tanked it in the entire series unscathed) < Energies of Tartarus (It actually caused significantly more damage to Kratos' soul overall and was almost successful) < Sisters of Fate (Only other power that threatened to destroy Kratos' soul that isn't Energies of Tartarus)

Basically, only the Tiers of the characters change. Scaling doesn't, it remains the same as before. Hopefully that answers your question.

Last edited:
The funny thing is however, Runic Magics (Primordial Magics being a subset of Runic Magics as the Primordial Essence and Runic Magics constitute the make-up of the 9 Realms, Magic as a whole constitutes the make-up of all Pantheons, all of them being the same potency), Seidr Magics, Vanir Magics and Bifrost magics are all the same exact thing. They're just plagiarized from Giant/Jotnar Magics and given different names. Only the LoA is a bit different, but it also acts as a power source for creating Bifrost magics.

Last edited:
Not only that, it has been established prior multiple times that Olympians are stronger than Titans, and Titans are stronger than Primordials. It is a key aspect that drove the Cycle of Son-Killing-Father, where kids killed their parents to rule over their pantheons, until Kratos himself completed the cycle and killed all the Gods, Titans and Primordials.

TL; DR, Primordial Magics are 5D/Low 1-C, and the generations of divinities differ in strength but are all on a similar playing field.

Last edited:
So does the world tree exist within the realm between realms or completely transcend it?
The RBR is part of the Yggdrasil, formed by its network of branches. There's no transcending going on because they're effectively the same thing.

Previously before the CRT was made Planck said the tree and the realms were suspended in the RBR, but now with the bombshell cookbook scan, you might as well call the RBR and Yggdrasil as the one and the same thing.

The RBR is part of the Yggdrasil, formed by its network of branches. There's no transcending going on because they're effectively the same thing.

Previously before the CRT was made Planck said the tree and the realms were suspended in the RBR, but now with the bombshell cookbook scan, you might as well call the RBR and Yggdrasil as the one and the same thing.

I see, that makes sense

Thank you

I know I said I would finally watch the entire GOW playthrough in the summer but I am always so busy and so ******* tired lmfao

So forgive me for the questions 💀

Well, depends on whether you can use the universes as measuring sticks for distances in the depiction or not.
Usually, you can not, because they are depicted as floating bubbles or lines or whatever which don't really depict proper size, and in that case I would say no to all of them. If you can use them in a way to measure the size of the 5D space to prove it's significantly large, then you could get somewhere. But... yeah, depicting 5D space in a way that conserves size is just pretty hard.

Space being infinite in itself doesn't matter, as space at that level is infinite in some sense anyway. You would need to be told that either specifically its 5 dimensional volume is infinite or that specifically the 5th dimensional axis (the one you add to the standard timelines) is infinite (or very large) for that to work. But I figure if you have information that specific then you wouldn't need this thread. In general, infinite could mean infinite by 3D or 4D standards, or in the sense of countably infinite times larger than a spacetime continuum, so that is just not enough.

And of course, countable x countable = countable, so infinite infinite multiverse structures do nothing to enhance 2-A.

As for whether above baseline 2-A exists: In a fiction it's plausible. I can absolutely see that some fiction would write that a character destroying 1 infinite multiverse is weaker than a character destroying that and another 1000 infinite multiverses. However, we factually know that in reality there is no real difference between the number of universes destroyed. It's like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.... and 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... are the same amount of numbers, but the latter list contains 0 and hence clearly "one more". Things can be larger in some sense, without being larger in a way that registers for the tiering system.
Busting more multiverses in itself is no greater feat at all for a start, but some fictions will explicitly insist that there are power differences (Like, being 2x as strong as a 2-A character). In that case, you can have 2-A Character A and have a Character B that is stated to be much stronger, but B would still be 2-A. Given that the difference isn't objective one could debate whether it holds any value when comparing it to ratings of different fictions... I think by precedence we assume it does.
But yeah, the main point is any 2-A feat will be equal, you can at best have scaling chains to get higher and, if you do, those won't get you Tier 1.

So in the end, it just sucks and very hard to quantify low 1-C using size stuff (also no anti-feats). It would cause drama and 6+ pages of thread.
honestly just stick to different angular axis thing.

honestly, a very few people should be low 1-C. Kratos is a given aswell as freya.
All of the Gods scale somewhat to each-other. Titans can harm Gods, Primordials can harm titans.

Deimos.. is Deimos. Despite being a demi-god, he still harms both Kratos and Thanatos.

Back