• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

You don't know them like I do brother. Especially Ultima.

No doubt Ant will also tag his own "experts" who will also inevitably fall in line with agreeing with DT and disagreeing with the upgrades. The way Qawsedf just changed tunes the moment the Cookbook scan dropped and needed Planck to change minds was pretty telling.

If DT says no, you're *****. Plain and simple. Nobody else can out-vote him because "muh Bureaucrat and Old Style of Rome voting". Don't believe me? Watch this One Piece thread.
I mean, Ultima won against DT in the Marvel revisions thread.
This would undoubtedly open a path back to restoring Athena's status and giving her shot at regaining qualitative superiority and HDE some merit too, which would draw even more undue attention.
Exactly.

The world just isn't ready for 5-D/6-D God of War.

Or let's just see what Planck has planned.

I mean, Ultima won against DT in the Marvel revisions thread.
1. Marvel has more active supporters for it.

2. The staff against the revision were making some pretty stupid claims and accusations that earned the ire of like, half the staff members involved.

Exactly.

The world just isn't ready for 5-D/6-D God of War.

Or let's just see what Planck has planned.
We already have 5-D GoW in a way through the RBR. Let's see what the others have to say about that first.

But what about 5-D Athena?
🤷‍♂️

Maybe upgrade GoW's 4-D hax to 5-D?
Nah, bound to the realms.

Speaking of, how is Greek magic 4-D? I know why Norse magic is, but not Greek magic.
Same way Norse Magic is 4D. Magic across all pantheons is bound to the realms they originate from, this is doubly true for the Energies of Tartarus. Freya herself says so with regards to Kratos' old magics, saying that when the Greek Pantheon died, the magics died with it.

But what about 5-D Athena?

Maybe upgrade GoW's 4-D hax to 5-D?

Speaking of, how is Greek magic 4-D? I know why Norse magic is, but not Greek magic.
if the upgrade goes through, everything that's 4-D now goes to 5-D.

All magic scales to the geographical region's cosmological scale. And Sutr verbatim confirming that the origin of primordial magic doesn't matter as to its potency.

All magic scales to the geographical region's cosmological scale. And Sutr verbatim confirming that the origin of primordial magic doesn't matter as to its potency.
Didn't know that could also be taken as further confirmation to the Pantheons being of equal level of existence and scope. Certainly will ruffle feathers across the spectrum.

🤷‍♂️

Nah, bound to the realms.
WELL MAKE IT BOUND TO THE REALM BETWEEN REALMS.

The Magic page for GoW even says this:

It's also older than the entirety of the Nine Realms and existed in the Ginnungagap as a primordial essence[3] from which Ymir and everything else spawned. This is further confirmation of what we already know, that despite the Nine Realms ultimately being encompassed by the World Tree and only part of a cycle of creation and destruction, this magic is independent of and greater than them, being beyond anything man can understand[4].
Same way Norse Magic is 4D. Magic across all pantheons is bound to the realms they originate from, this is doubly true for the Energies of Tartarus of Tartarus. Freya herself says so with regards to Kratos' old magics, saying that when the Greek Pantheon died, the magics died with it.
So because its basically connected to the 4-D universe, it's 4-D?

WELL MAKE IT BOUND TO THE REALM BETWEEN REALMS.

The Magic page for GoW even says this:

It's also older than the entirety of the Nine Realms and existed in the Ginnungagap as a primordial essence[3] from which Ymir and everything else spawned. This is further confirmation of what we already know, that despite the Nine Realms ultimately being encompassed by the World Tree and only part of a cycle of creation and destruction, this magic is independent of and greater than them, being beyond anything man can understand[4].
Ginnungagap is part of Ygg tho. Ginnungagap and RBR aren't the same.

So because its basically connected to the 4-D universe, it's 4-D?
Correct.

Which upgrade? The Yggdrasil one?
You have the scan for this?

Also, it's hilarious how even Greek fodder have higher-dimensional smurf hax.

Which upgrade? The Yggdrasil one?
Yeah.

You have the scan for this?
Remember the part where Surtr inspects the Blades of Chaos, finds Primordial Fires in them, and Kratos says they aren't of the Norse Pantheon, and then Surtr says it shouldn't matter? Basically says that Primordial shit is Primordial shit, of the same potency, regardless of what pantheon they originate from.

Also, it's hilarious how even Greek fodder have higher-dimensional smurf hax.
Ragnarok making Greece one-up in most aspects despite it being originally made to fill in the gaps for Norse is hilarious indeed.

DT: Allow me to introduce myself because God forbid anyone gets meaningful and logical upgrades.
When Kratos says the primordial fire in his blades was Greek and Sutr replies it doesn't matter + the primordial magic of the Ginnungagap being enough power to destroy the Ygggdrasil + the literal accepted thread we had for this lol.
Fair enough.

Ragnarok making Greece one-up in most aspects despite it being originally made to fill in the gaps for Norse is hilarious indeed.
I mean, even some tier 6 Greek Demigod fodder with no tier 4/2 stuff now has 4-D hax with magic.

Basically like Dungeons and Dragons.

A certain sockpuppet as well if you remember that incident.
Dude, if it was just the sockpuppet, it wouldn't have been so easily accepted by the staff.

And IIRC they're doing other downgrades based on what that stupid ******* sockpuppet did.

Shouldn't the world pillar be 2-B?
It dosen't really matter how many timelines there are they are still getting supported by the world pillar.
Cook.

Even worse for Tier 1 and yet somehow they get it with less evidence and we don't despite having a mountain's worth of evidence.
Eh, it is what it is.

Still, I'm glad our verse is peak in quality, if not it tiers or whatever.

I'd pick GoW being Tier 4 over it being a Tier 1 "Reincarnated as my Sister's tampon" stuff.

This man speaks my tongue and mind. Why can't there be more of you to stop Planck and Gilver from cooking some of the most vile shit? 💀
I'll cook that when I'm done with another verse in like 3 months at min. Unless Tanin cooks lol

God level characters (imo of course) are the best when they are High 3-A, Low 2-C and/or 2-C.
Tbh when it comes to god level characters I also think they're best in that same range, although 2-B and 2-A and also pretty good. I don't hate it if they're Low 1-C but then after that it's just a pissing contest of muh dimensional hierarchies or whatever and I lose interest real quick.

Eh, it is what it is.

Still, I'm glad our verse is peak in quality, if not it tiers or whatever.

I'd pick GoW being Tier 4 over it being a Tier 1 "Reincarnated as my Sister's tampon" stuff.
At least Kratos isn't a goddamn Mary Sue Tier 2 like Rimuru Tempest or Anos.

Shouldn't surtr have void manipulation for emerging from ginnungagap right after ymir.

Also, can we get a profile for Ymir?
Utangard is just part of his dreams.
So that's notable. He also created the concept of time.

Back