• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Wasn't it established that a new timeline was created every time someone travels through time?
Yes. Assuming you live long enough to change the past and then come back to the main timeline.

Doesn't work on the Underworld tho, that place resists change.

But i am quite serious about Acausality Type 5, so should we discuss this?

When you time travel in GOW it creates a new timelines, meaning that's cause and effect while in Underworld that doesn't work because it's... why exactly dosen't it work? Is it unchanging?

But i am quite serious about Acausality Type 5, so should we discuss this?

When you time travel in GOW it creates a new timelines, meaning that's cause and effect while in Underworld that doesn't work because it's... why exactly dosen't it work? Is it unchanging?
No one knows. But it definitely ain't because of transcending all forms of causality and what-have-you.

Plus Type 5 Acausality has undergone some major revisions recently. So there'd be no point in discussing it.

Shouldn't surtr have resistances to stuff like fire manipulation and magma manipulation?

And Baldur immortality type 5?

Shouldn't surtr have resistances to stuff like fire manipulation and magma manipulation?
You might wanna check his profile bruv. He has it already. Adding Magma Manip would be redundant, given he already existed at the dawn of creation which would effectively surpass everything in the universe in terms of temperature value.

And Baldur immortality type 5?
No? Baldur's Immortality doesn't allow him to be unbound from the Cycles of Life and Death or be amortal. Killing him in that state will make him resurrect in a few days. It's just Types 1, 2, 3 and 4 with degrees of Types 2 and 3 Self-Sustenance.

You might wanna check his profile bruv. He has it already. Adding Magma Manip would be redundant, given he already existed at the dawn of creation which would effectively surpass everything in the universe in terms of temperature value.
He only has resistance to heat manipulation and radiation manipulation.
No? Baldur's Immortality doesn't allow him to be unbound from the Cycles of Life and Death or be amortal. Killing him in that state will make him resurrect in a few days. It's just Types 1, 2, 3 and 4 with degrees of Types 2 and 3 Self-Sustenance.
Alright

He only has resistance to heat manipulation and radiation manipulation.
Check where Heat Manipulation links to. Fire Manip.

Honestly, resisting extreme temperatures of that scale is just that. Resistance to extreme temperatures. Fires and magma are like ice-cubes in comparison to the Big Bang that Surtr laid witness to.

People also misunderstand what Heat Manip actually is. Heat Manip is the controlling of the thermal energy of oneself or the environment, resisting it means you resist the changes made to the thermal energy, it doesn't necessarily mean you also resist its side-effects (Like getting burn damage or frostbite and so on)

Low 1-C RBR is on the path to being accepted.
So who knows
Low 1-C Ygg is most likely gonna get rejected right outta the gate. Qawsedf almost outright rejected it before Planck cleared up the confusion, and even them I am not convinced either Ultima or DT would actually vouch for Low 1-C Ygg either.

Also, speaking of Immortality, we kinda forgot to mention Kratos's deal with stamina, how him getting exhausted in Norse is just his own mental limitation (Akin to Superman's mental blocks) which he can ignore at any given time and just proceed to fight at full power at a moment's notice and just proceed to fight like that without ever exhausting himself. He already tried to end his own life by just walking for months without rest and attempting to starve himself, to no avail.

I hate it when the GoW2 Brady Guide effectively confirms Bruno's alternate timeline wank and the novel just so happens to support that shit.

Page 203 BTW

image.png
So will GoW scale higher than 9 universes?

So will GoW scale higher than 9 universes?
Don't think so, the scan only exists as support to the whole "Alternate timeline" thingamajig.

If only there were a "these mirrors lead to countless other alternate timelines" then you'd be looking at something sweet. But sadly, we are stuck with this.

Low 1-C Ygg is most likely gonna get rejected right outta the gate. Qawsedf almost outright rejected it before Planck cleared up the confusion, and even them I am not convinced either Ultima or DT would actually vouch for Low 1-C Ygg either.
Qawd almost rejected Low 1-C RBR cause he thought of it as the branch network like you first did before we corrected him. It bad nothing to do with Yggdrasil's tiering proper.

Yep. Cause those alternate time dimensions are a direct result of changing the future and we know the Sisters do that with mortals outside of when they fight Kratos.
DO THE CRT, don't listen to what KLOL says.

Would this affect everyone in GoW or just the Norse/Greek top tiers?

....Nah, this is insane. Actually insane. There's quite a bit of implication here.
Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to go far. 2-B standards are insanely tough. You'd actually have to confirm there being "countless timelines" verbatim.

DO THE CRT, don't listen to what KLOL says.

Would this affect everyone in GoW or just the Norse/Greek top tiers?
Everyone.

For example, If you got confirmation overnight that one Pantheon has a Low 1-C structure, it would immediately scale to all the other pantheons because they all share the same make-up and the same "Greater Earth" which they cannot exceed, and they are considered to be level in terms of power-up too.

Is it just me or low 1-C GoW sounds wrong?
I don't envision kratos infinitely transcending the mortal universe.

Is it just me or low 1-C GoW sounds wrong?
I don't envision kratos infinitely transcending the mortal universe.
Doesn't seem out of the ordinary for the cosmology as a whole, even if the main cast don't scale to it (YET).

Yep. Cause those alternate time dimensions are a direct result of changing the future and we know the Sisters do that with mortals outside of when they fight Kratos.
Thing is tho, they actually have to go through the Mirrors to do that. They mostly design and weave the Fate of the mortals and gods in the Loom Chamber. Even Clotho warned that the power of the Mirrors would be enough to destroy everything so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just recklessly create new timelines for the sake of it.

And even then, you'd need to confirm they went through those mirrors and changed the past that many times (1001 times and above) for it to count.

Thing is tho, they actually have to go through the Mirrors to do that. They mostly design and weave the Fate of the mortals and gods in the Loom Chamber. Even Clotho warned that the power of the Mirrors would be enough to destroy everything so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just recklessly create new timelines for the sake of it.

And even then, you'd need to confirm they went through those mirrors and changed the past that many times (1001 times and above) for it to count.
Don't the Sisters have millions of threads or something?

Don't the Sisters have millions of threads or something?
If only it were that easy to actually make them into timelines my boy

You actually have to pull them up for the Mirror to work right. Do it wrong and the mirror starts to crack. Then you have to go through the Mirror and change something in the line of events. The Sisters typically left this sort of thing only as a last resort, never as a day-to-day occurence, especially when just tweaking the threads with their own hands did the trick.

Kratos wasn't ordinary in that regard. They were forced to use the Time Mirrors because his Thread became uninteractible to them.

The Mirror stuff kinna came out wrong now that I look at it. The Mirror is practically their own power. They made it and can change the past however they see fit.

The Sisters are overtly paranoid and whimsical, doing anything and everything on a whim, Threads being the main key to change the past, present and future (Threads which they literally forge on their own from outta nowhere) and Mirrors being gateways to different points in time, but that same paranoia is why they don't do timeline creation out of the whim so often.

TL; DR, Alt Timeline fuckery is very OoC for them unless they absolutely have to do it (I seem to be outvoted on that thing). They thought of the prospect before by thinking about changing the outcome of the Great War, but didn't move forward with it because Kratos demanded their utmost attention as he was contemplating pounding their skulls into the pavement.

Last edited:
Back