• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

The Rock isn't a good candidate for anything really. One of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but that's it. As an actor he kinda mid. Same dude in every movie. I think Hugh Jackman would be dope

LMAO did people actually think the Rock was ever a good candidate for Kratos?
I was surprised that a live-action version of the series is even being produced in the first place. Like, what would it be about? What could the show give us that the video games don't? Would it be centered around Kratos and Atreus in between the three years of Fimbulwinter? Would it be about Kratos' childhood and growing up as a Spartan? It just seems like a useless attempt at a cash grab that will only leave a blemish on the series. But I suppose I should expect as much.

On another note, are we ever gonna add King Hrólf Kraki to the fandom? Do we just need a good image to create the profile, or is the scaling effort just not worth it?

I was surprised that a live-action version of the series is even being produced in the first place. Like, what would it be about? What could the show give us that the video games don't? Would it be centered around Kratos and Atreus in between the three years of Fimbulwinter? Would it be about Kratos' childhood and growing up as a Spartan? It just seems like a useless attempt at a cash grab that will only leave a blemish on the series. But I suppose I should expect as much.

On another note, are we ever gonna add King Hrólf Kraki to the fandom? Do we just need a good image to create the profile, or is the scaling effort just not worth it?
I think it’s supposed to be in the Norse saga but I could be wrong

IKR

Is there any reason why redeemed warriors have FTL speed instead of "Speed of Light"?
Uhhhhhh... they don't? They're Relativistic in base, SoL with Essence of Hyperion, it's on their profile.

Only Kratos and Castor/Pollux are FTL outright.

Uhhhhhh... they don't? They're Relativistic in base, SoL with Essence of Hyperion, it's on their profile.

Only Kratos and Castor/Pollux are FTL outright.
I meant with the Essence of Hyperion yes, dosen't it move the speed of light and not FTL?

I meant with the Essence of Hyperion yes, dosen't it move the speed of light and not FTL?
Uhhhhhhh... yes? It's always been like that.

Only Demigod Kratos and Castor/Pollux are confirmed to be FTL, via WoG and via a feat of Kratos' where he snail-speeds lightning in GoW1.

Uhhhhhhh... yes? It's always been like that.

Only Demigod Kratos and Castor/Pollux are confirmed to be FTL, via WoG and via a feat of Kratos' where he snail-speeds lightning in GoW1.
I understand that. My question is why isn't that just speed of light instead of FTL which means faster than the speed of light.

Oh, i got confused because on Castor/Pollux's profile it says:

"FTL (Stated by WoG confirmed to be superior to the Redeemed Warriors even with the Essence of Hyperion, which is stated to let the user move at the speed of light"
So i thought they should only be speed of light. But if they are much faster then that's fine.
Castor and Pollux that is.

Oh, i got confused because on Castor/Pollux's profile it says:

"FTL (Stated by WoG confirmed to be superior to the Redeemed Warriors even with the Essence of Hyperion, which is stated to let the user move at the speed of light"
So i thought they should only be speed of light. But if they are much faster then that's fine.
Castor and Pollux that is.
No, normally speaking, if Character A is stated to be SoL, and Character B is stated to be faster than A, then Character B is automatically considered to be FTL, albeit baseline.

Yggdrasil created RBR, that's just called logical scaling.
And that is new info that a new CRT has to be created for, just like how we have to make occasional CRTs for Thor to literally have chaos resistance due to BoC

Especially since it's tier 1.

Such a CRT would have wide-reaching implications for the entire verse anyway, since you know, pantheons being of equal hierarchy and build rank as each other and neither pantheon having advantages over the other and so on.

I am also fairly confident that the moment we try this again, we're almost immediately gonna get shot down by DT, Ultima and the others as is tradition, as they'll try to find one way or another to make it not stick.

Such a CRT would have wide-reaching implications for the entire verse anyway, since you know, pantheons being of equal hierarchy and build rank as each other and neither pantheon having advantages over the other and so on.

I am also fairly confident that the moment we try this again, we're almost immediately gonna get shot down by DT, Ultima and the others as is tradition, as they'll try to find one way or another to make it not stick.
DT for sure, but maybe not Ultima.

Besides, Low 1-C fodders in GoW would be insane. It's not like KH where the fodder scaling to the good guys is honestly pretty consistent.

Can you not with this? Like, there's caution and there's nonsense pessimism.

DT for sure, but maybe not Ultima.
You don't know them like I do brother. Especially Ultima.

No doubt Ant will also tag his own "experts" who will also inevitably fall in line with agreeing with DT and disagreeing with the upgrades. The way Qawsedf just changed tunes the moment the Cookbook scan dropped and needed Planck to change minds was pretty telling.

If DT says no, you're ******. Plain and simple. Nobody else can out-vote him because "muh Bureaucrat and Old Style of Rome voting". Don't believe me? Watch this One Piece thread.

Besides, Low 1-C fodders in GoW would be insane. It's not like KH where the fodder scaling to the good guys is honestly pretty consistent.
This would undoubtedly open a path back to restoring Athena's status and giving her shot at regaining qualitative superiority and HDE some merit too, which would draw even more undue attention.

Back