• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Also, does anyone have a scan for the Ragnarok artbook saying Heimdall has future sight?
That looks fake as ****, but even if it isn't, if we don't have anything in the game to support it then this means nothing.
The Chains of Olympus lore talked about the Greek world having myriad realms too, so it's kind of supported, but I just don't know if it's real, can someone check twitter, because I don't have it.

Screenshot_2023-06-12-01-04-12-694-edit_com.png
Base Athena is wiser and has more Experience than gow 3 kratos 😈

I mean I thought everyone knew she had more wisdom, you could kind of debate experience due to Kratos having a lot of fighting experience, but Athena does too.
Do you have any thoughts on the scan from Cory, and do you perhaps have a scan from the Ragnarok artbook talking about Heimdall's future sight?

Eyo guys. Planck said he would close the Norse cosmology CRT and open a more organised one with new arguments. When exactly will this be opened?

man, discovering that Shovel knight is secretly the canon prequel to GoW (2018) is so surreal lol, will we put it in the timeline part of the verse page now? lmao

Last edited:
It is 100% Shovel Knight. The tweets I mean.
Hey dude about this, just know that i am arguing for shovel knight (the verse) to gain any resistance whatsoever, i made explicit in my comment that i was talking about the magic system and soul system of GoW applying to shovel knight, not for SK to gain any resistance that come from kratos interacting with it

Hey dude about this, just know that i am arguing for shovel knight (the verse) to gain any resistance whatsoever, i made explicit in my comment that i was talking about the magic system and soul system of GoW applying to shovel knight, not for SK to gain any resistance that come from kratos interacting with it
Eh.... IDK about that. GoW's magic system is blatantly unique to GoW itself.

What? Why? What proof is there that SK uses the same magic as GoW?
this is the discussion that i wanted for people to have with my comment, like, if they use magic, who has a whole magic system of it stablished in GoW, and if they are in the same verse via one being cannon to the other, then there would be no reason to assume that SK doesn't have the same Magic system, same things for the souls thing, i don't know much about SK, so i made that comment because depending on how the Games of it depict souls and magic, it could be a contradiction for it to be cannon to GoW, or not, i made purely to make clear that we needed more things than just scaling to discuss, we also need to discuss if the Verse specific things of GoW are consistent with SK equivalents, since they would be of the same verse if the thread for it to be canon for both passes, i am not arguing for anything in particular, only specifying that we need to have such discussion in that thread, i felt like people are too much focusing on the feat and the battle against kratos, without seeing the other consequences that a canon shared universe between the 2 would give

this is the discussion that i wanted for people to have with my comment, like, if they use magic, who has a whole magic system of it stablished in GoW, and if they are in the same verse via one being cannon to the other,
Woah woah woah woah, slow down your horses, just because they have events being canon to each other doesn't mean they're set in the same universe. JLA/Avengers is canon, that doesn't mean DC and Marvel suddenly share the same multiverse now, come on.

Woah woah woah woah, slow down your horses, just because they have events being canon to each other doesn't mean they're set in the same universe. JLA/Avengers is canon, that doesn't mean DC and Marvel suddenly share the same multiverse now, come on.
i mean, Norse and Greek are both considered different universes/space times, yet they still share those things

i mean, Norse and Greek are both considered different universes/space times, yet they still share those things
There's a difference here, Norse and Greek share the same God of War "Greater Universe". All the Pantheons exist in this same Greater Earth/Universe.

DC and Marvel don't.

There's a difference here, Norse and Greek share the same God of War "Greater Universe". All the Pantheons exist in this same Greater Earth/Universe.
and shovel knight would be the same as well, since it is taken place during kratos' traveling after the end of GoW3

DC and Marvel don't.
also because DC and Marvel have innumerable inconsistencies with one another multiverse and lore with each other, shovel knight? who knows? i commented there to show people that this is a thing to be addressed, they most likely have inconsistencies with one another, so even if they are decided to not scale to one another in that aspect as well, then we should at least inform in the thread why

if he is in the same "greater universe" then, huh, i guess i am just a little confused now
The "Greater Universe" of GoW only includes its own versions of the myths and pantheons of the various belief systems of mankind, not entirely different fictional franchises.

The "Greater Universe" of GoW only includes its own versions of the myths and pantheons of the various belief systems of mankind, not entirely different fictional franchises.
but, wouldn't shovel knight need to be in the same "Earth" as the greek pantheon for kratos to have "traveled" there before going into the norse lands?

but, wouldn't shovel knight need to be in the same "Earth" as the greek pantheon for kratos to have "traveled" there before going into the norse lands?
No. Kratos could've very well ended up going to the SK universe through unknown means.

This one kinna looks fake as ****.
I was told it was real, is there a way to prove if it's real or not, because just saying it's fake or real doesn't really help, can someone check his twitter or ask him if he said something like this, because I don't got twitter.

Back