• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I am here requesting links to recent matches with Hope Kratos to understand what KLOL was talking about in the other thread.

I am here requesting links to recent matches with Hope Kratos to understand what KLOL was talking about in the other thread.
Check up the Arceus vs Kratos match and the first few comments of the Archie Ultra Sonic vs Kratos match. You'll find it.

so what is benefit of having conceptual invulnerability ? isn't this kinda similar like conceptual resistance ?

so what is benefit of having conceptual invulnerability ? isn't this kinda similar like conceptual resistance ?
I guess it's more like not being influenced by any concept, no matter how strong it is, rather than a resistance. So resistance can negate with "resistance negation" or a "higher layered" conceptual hax is all it takes to affect resistance. But that is not the case here.

I guess that's what makes Kratos and this hax so broken. If this happens, most matches will end in incons or wincons.

@Fixxed I'm writing here for don't get derailed. As you said, everything needs a revision, but something that has already been accepted with a revision does not need revision again. For example, once Athena's 5-D HDE was accepted, we never again discussed or brought up 5-D HDE in the Low 1-C revision or we haven't opened revisions for it again.

And that was already accepted(Athena>Yggdrasil). That's the case here.

@Fixxed I'm writing here for don't get derailed. As you said, everything needs a revision, but something that has already been accepted with a revision does not need revision again. For example, once Athena's 5-D HDE was accepted, we never again discussed or brought up 5-D HDE in the Low 1-C revision or we haven't opened revisions for it again.

And that was already accepted(Athena>Yggdrasil). That's the case here.
Yes i understand, but everything still must make CRT even if it true and correct, it is the standard, i once reported because of that

Yes it is weird, but rules is rules

Yes i understand, but everything still must make CRT even if it true and correct, it is the standard, i once reported because of that

Yes it is weird, but rules is rules
Then that's your bad luck because there are many people who upgrade this way.

For example, the qualitative transcendence of an "X" character from the Y universe is considered up-to-date with the a revision on the wiki.

And if this Y universe is currently upgrading from 4-D to 5-D, then character X will automatically upgrade from 5-D to 6-D. I guess that's your bad luck and it's ridiculous to be reported for that reason.

I guess you understand me. :coffee:

Then that's your bad luck because there are many people who upgrade this way.

For example, the qualitative transcendence of an "X" character from the Y universe is considered up-to-date with the a revision on the wiki.

And if this Y universe is currently upgrading from 4-D to 5-D, then character X will automatically upgrade from 5-D to 6-D. I guess that's your bad luck and it's ridiculous to be reported for that reason.

I guess you understand me. :coffee:
If everyone in discussion is fine with that without CRT then it fine i think

Realizated a subtle paralell between GOW Thor and Kratos

Gow Thor is a god hybrid (half giant half god) same way kratos is (half human half god)
But since Thor never went against gods like Kratos he ended up killing the majority of his non god side rather than god side

Realizated a subtle paralell between GOW Thor and Kratos

Gow Thor is a god hybrid (half giant half god) same way kratos is (half human half god)
But since Thor never went against gods like Kratos he ended up killing the majority of his non god side rather than god side
Kratos killed a crapton of people on his side as well alongside his Spartan brothers because it was the only way he could stick to the only family he perceived he had left remaining. In essence, he was a monster far, far worse than even Ares could ever hope to be, because while Ares had ambition to rule over Olympus and had a clear purpose, Kratos didn't. He kept conquering city after city killing hundreds of thousands all because the gods wronged him, and he did it without remorse.

The worst part is, he did it all willingly. Thor didn't.

He breathed underwater in Ragnarok to see the norns. The trap in Tyr's temple was to fit a puzzle in.

Would the spark of the world count as an ss feat? There's what looks like stars in the background and he's fine there
It's all very weird. The Norn swimming part wasn't long and I can see him just holding his breath for that but technically speaking there shouldn't even be air when they travel between Realms. Between that and the Ginnungagap, it's just all over the place.

I can see why the Tyr part might just be a puzzle necessity but I dunno how you can argue that in a CRT.

It's all very weird. The Norn swimming part wasn't long and I can see him just holding his breath for that but technically speaking there shouldn't even be air when they travel between Realms. Between that and the Ginnungagap, it's just all over the place.

I can see why the Tyr part might just be a puzzle necessity but I dunno how you can argue that in a CRT.
The same way we argue against all other gameplay BS, I guess.

I also feel like the Norse Gods should have SS as well.

-Odin being born in the void and creating all the realms.

-Heimdall stealing the moon

-Freya and Tyr surviving in the spark of the world

- The Wolves eating the sun and moon

The same way we argue against all other gameplay BS, I guess.
Issue is that most of that is non-canon gameplay issues (you can no-hit every Olympian and monster you fight, you're never actually killed by environment hazards etc.) but in this case, the puzzle was still canon and affected the narrative. So, it becomes nebulous.
I also feel like the Norse Gods should have SS as well.

-Odin being born in the void and creating all the realms.

-Heimdall stealing the moon

-Freya and Tyr surviving in the spark of the world

- The Wolves eating the sun and moon
We're not ever made aware how Heimdall steals the moon. The other stuff seems alright but this isn't a definite endorsement.

Issue is that most of that is non-canon gameplay issues (you can no-hit every Olympian and monster you fight, you're never actually killed by environment hazards etc.) but in this case, the puzzle was still canon and affected the narrative. So, it becomes nebulous.
PIS, maybe?
We're not ever made aware how Heimdall steals the moon. The other stuff seems alright but this isn't a definite endorsement
That's True.

Back