• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

btw if ygrdassil has something like this would that mean yggdrassil has possibility of low 1-C tier ?

Tried that for Ygg already in another failed CRT, Ultima said this:

Ultima: Muddy territory, frankly. 2-A is generally a much safer starting point for that, since we don't really accept that there any any jumps in size that are higher than "baseline" 2-A but smaller than Low 1-C (See the standards on the destruction of multiple infinite multiverses); the smallest skip in size at that point is just Tier 1. Meanwhile with Low 2-C we are forced to include a bunch of shit between it and Low 1-C.

Me: I see.

Ultima: Although speaking in terms of raw logic, then I'll note that encompassing an infinitely large structure alone isn't necessarily an infinity higher than it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_line_(topology). Take this thing, for example.
In a way you can say that, compared to the real number line, it extends a lot further.
Since the real number line is made of a countably infinite amount of intervals placed side-by-side (Intervals like, say, [0,1] or [1,2], I'm sure you know what I'm talking about)
While the long line is made of an uncountably infinite number of such intervals.
Despite that "increased" length the long line is still a 1-dimensional object.
It's not 2-D.
So, there being something that says "Yeah the structure is, in fact, larger than what it encompasses" is important.

Me: So there needs to be a direct statement that is akin to like "This structure views those structures as X-sized (Far smaller than it)/insignificant" or similar is absolutely required then? A structure being deemed infinitely big and it encompassing realms but there being no direct comparison like the above wouldn't qualify it for Tier 1, correct?

Ultima: Yeah.

Guys, i have plan to read this book and create some review thread about it. Wish me luck 💀 💀

90026ef8-e911-4e35-b859-47e4c5348b55
💀

d564306f-0209-4b6e-b543-d473a369a246
6ab21018-6555-4988-ab38-a6b4da78c1c6
a2c71969-e289-4a2e-bdd7-47fe29a45788
btw entire vs wiki thread mods should read this. I recommended this book.

Ultima: Muddy territory, frankly. 2-A is generally a much safer starting point for that, since we don't really accept that there any any jumps in size that are higher than "baseline" 2-A but smaller than Low 1-C (See the standards on the destruction of multiple infinite multiverses); the smallest skip in size at that point is just Tier 1. Meanwhile with Low 2-C we are forced to include a bunch of shit between it and Low 1-C.

Ultima:
Although speaking in terms of raw logic, then I'll note that encompassing an infinitely large structure alone isn't necessarily an infinity higher than it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_line_(topology). Take this thing, for example.
In a way you can say that, compared to the real number line, it extends a lot further.
Since the real number line is made of a countably infinite amount of intervals placed side-by-side (Intervals like, say, [0,1] or [1,2], I'm sure you know what I'm talking about)
While the long line is made of an uncountably infinite number of such intervals.
It's not 2-D.
So, there being something that says "Yeah the structure is, in fact, larger than what it encompasses" is important.

Me: So there needs to be a direct statement that is akin to like "This structure views those structures as X-sized (Far smaller than it)/insignificant" or similar is absolutely required then? A structure being deemed infinitely big and it encompassing realms but there being no direct comparison like the above wouldn't qualify it for Tier 1, correct?

...And when some of the dreams are shattered. However, it can still be tried and we will not lose hope.

...And when some of the dreams are shattered. However, it can still be tried and we will not lose hope.
Maybe some day, when the new games come out and make the size comparison crystal clear. Or maybe it just throws out the same shit as Athena in tandem to say something for its existential level and level of power to bypass the size requirement.

Ultima:
Although speaking in terms of raw logic, then I'll note that encompassing an infinitely large structure alone isn't necessarily an infinity higher than it.
It's not 2-D.

Alright, interesting. Btw so 2-A yggdrassil is actually possible ?

Alright, interesting. Btw so 2-A yggdrassil is actually possible ?
No. 2-A is dead. Well of Urd is dead. BURY IT.

Ultimately tho, even that alone (Or infinitely dwarfing a 4-D space-time continuum) doesn't guarantee us Tier 1 automatically. That was the point of his comment.

Maybe some day, when the new games come out and make the size comparison crystal clear. Or maybe it just throws out the same shit as Athena in tandem to say something for its existential level and level of power to bypass the size requirement.
There is actually an infinite difference between a structure that is not infinite by default and an infinite structure on the wiki. Because a non-infinite structure can never reach an infinite structure. The difference between them is always endless. So, like the difference between Aleph 0 and any integer in its subset...

Of course, you can get Low 1-C by supporting this statement with other statements. There are examples of this in the Tier Low 1-C . I'm sure we'll do Low 1-C before the new game comes out...

There is actually an infinite difference between a structure that is not infinite by default and an infinite structure on the wiki. Because a non-infinite structure can never reach an infinite structure. The difference between them is always endless. So, like the difference between Aleph 0 and any integer in its subset...

Of course, you can get Low 1-C by supporting this statement with other statements. There are examples of this in the Tier Low 1-C . I'm sure we'll do Low 1-C before the new game comes out...
Highly unlikely that's gonna happen TBF. Just gotta play the waiting game.

Back