• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Btw, I know Kratos beat Baldur after the latter lost his invulnerability, but I feel like we're kinda doing Baldur dirty.

Even after he lost his invulnerability, he constantly matched Kratos even with Atreus riddling him with arrows, and at one point he had overpowered them both until Kratos broke out of his grip with Spartan Rage.

About that "splintering his bones thing", remember that Kratos and Hercules were equal yet Kratos ****** up his face.

So 2018 Kratos is only slightly superior to Baldur at most.

Btw, I know Kratos beat Baldur after the latter lost his invulnerability, but I feel like we're kinda doing Baldur dirty.

Even after he lost his invulnerability, he constantly matched Kratos even with Atreus riddling him with arrows, and at one point he had overpowered them both until Kratos broke out of his grip with Spartan Rage.
Baldur almost never matches Kratos in actual combat, he almost always gets overpowered unless he has leverage over Atreus or their footing and mobility are severely compromised. The chokehold part is especially prominent with neither Kratos or Atreus being able to hold balance on Thamur's chisel because it kept moving around so much.

About that "splintering his bones thing", remember that Kratos and Hercules were equal yet Kratos ****** up his face.

So 2018 Kratos is only slightly superior to Baldur at most.
Kratos and Herc were equal without weapons. Herc held an advantage with the Cestus, and so did Kratos. Once Kratos got those Cestuses, the entire fight became completely one-sided in his favor.

Baldur almost never matches Kratos in actual combat, he almost always gets overpowered unless he has leverage over Atreus or their footing and mobility are severely compromised.
He still managed to restrain both Kratos and Atreus until Kratos used Spartan Rage.

And sent a Kratos defending himself flying with one punch.

2018 Kratos is stronger, but not by that much.
Kratos and Herc were equal without weapons. Herc held an advantage with the Cestus, and so did Kratos. Once Kratos got those Cestuses, the entire fight became completely one-sided in his favor.
That's fair.

He still managed to restrain both Kratos and Atreus until Kratos used Spartan Rage.
Which really didn't do much to him, and Kratos was still in a compromised situation. Kratos was able to daze out Baldur more times and Baldur himself was unable to break free from Kratos in the final stages of the fight.

And sent a Kratos defending himself flying with one punch.
He does that a lot even in the first boss fights when Kratos goes to defend himself. Nothing new. Kratos can easily block these punches with the right timing too.

Like yeah, the gap isn't overwhelmingly large, but it's still decisive in the sense that Baldur really doesn't stand a chance against a willing-to-kill Kratos in a prolonged fight. Baldur just isn't that great of a fighter and gets little to no praise for it, and 2018's scaling really does no one any favors.

While watching seth the programmer video on Elden ring vs kratos i made THE BIGGEST mistake, i looked at the comments, and **** me LMAOO
Holy shit, actual ******* zombies down there meat riding radahn saying shit like "he hold up actual stars, show me one feat of kratos doing this" and "kratos is nowhere near multiversal, he is maybe multiversal and that is being nice" "he maybe has 2 more impressive feats" AND "9 realms are not universes not even planets not even countries but realms" 💀💀💀💀

WHAT DID I JUST READ!!??

Ya guys need to understand that most people dont try to find the most obscure parts of the lore just to know that the character is strong

While watching seth the programmer video on Elden ring vs kratos i made THE BIGGEST mistake, i looked at the comments, and **** me LMAOO
Holy shit, actual ******* zombies down there meat riding radahn saying shit like "he hold up actual stars, show me one feat of kratos doing this" and "kratos is nowhere near multiversal, he is maybe multiversal and that is being nice" "he maybe has 2 more impressive feats" AND "9 realms are not universes not even planets not even countries but realms" 💀💀💀💀
So what sizes are these realms according to this fine gentleman?

WHAT DID I JUST READ!!??
Brain damage most likely.

The fact that some people are asking if it's legit lol

This is so ******* comedic, they completely cut out Freyr getting ganked, the hearts and the lies involved in this entire mess.

Ya guys need to understand that most people dont try to find the most obscure parts of the lore just to know that the character is strong
That goes for literally every verse out there. That's still not a good excuse to then lie about said lore being non-canon or then being disingenuous about the lore just to fit your own narrative.

Dawg, gow has universal statements on the damn cutscenes, people just choose to ignore it because they're biased as hell

That goes for literally every verse out there. That's still not a good excuse to then lie about said lore being non-canon or then being disingenuous about the lore just to fit your own narrative.
I mean, most people just want to play the game and dont even pay atention to the cosmology aspects.

Don't, I have exams coming up in a few days and I'd rather spare myself the brain damage.
You're right i don't want to overwhelm you with this garbage.

But Jesus Chris, do these people take this shit actually seriously or just to piss people off?

Most people interpret thats just as the planet earth
There just some people that care more about the power of the verse than others, and thats why most of the time a feat is more strong that what its seems at first look

I mean, most people just want to play the game and dont even pay atention to the cosmology aspects.
Then why the **** do they bring up these non-issues and rant about it on reddit and pretend like they're the ones in the right? And then go on a spree about banning people or worse who don't agree with them?

There just some people that care more about the power of the verse than others, and thats why most of the time a feat is more strong that what its seems at first look
And i understand that, but interpreting that as just earth is nonsense because he is not even on earth in the first place.

Yeah, let's just ignore Uranus and Ymir existing separately and not colliding with their origins. Or the Sisters of Fate. Or Interpantheon conflicts being absent.

It doesn't take rocket science to figure Pantheon separation even without the novels. The Unity Stone and Ragnarok just kill these misinformed arguments dead in the water.

And i understand that, but interpreting that as just earth is nonsense because he is not even on earth in the first place.
Interpreting it as a 12750-km-sized Earth is the real nonsense part here, especially considering we now know for a fact that all the Creation Myths are valid and there's no way in hell you can fit that many realms and underworlds and pantheons in the same tiny ball of rock and not expect interpantheon wars or aspects of nature being in direct conflict with whoever controls them.

It's even dumber when they consider Greece to be part of the Yggdrasil just because of Bruno's "Midgard is just another name for Earth" comment, ignoring everything else the other devs have said about this "Greater Earth" actually being the "Greater Universe" or Cory's "galaxies" comments. As if the Unity Stone wasn't enough, Odin can't get out of his tree to conquer other pantheons, and Kratos flat out states that Greece had no World Tree to begin with.

Interpreting it as a 12750-km-sized Earth is the real nonsense part here, especially considering we now know for a fact that all the Creation Myths are valid and there's no way in hell you can fit that many realms and underworlds and pantheons in the same tiny ball of rock and not expect interpantheon wars or aspects of nature being in direct conflict with whoever controls them.

It's even dumber when they consider Greece to be part of the Yggdrasil just because of Bruno's "Midgard is just another name for Earth" comment, ignoring everything else the other devs have said about this "Greater Earth" actually being the "Greater Universe" or Cory's "galaxies" comments. As if the Unity Stone wasn't enough, Odin can't get out of his tree to conquer other pantheons, and Kratos flat out states that Greece had no World Tree to begin with.
Of course they ignore this, that would literally shatter their narrative.

Then why the **** do they bring up these non-issues and rant about it on reddit and pretend like they're the ones in the right? And then go on a spree about banning people or worse who don't agree with them?
Idk bro I was thinking that he was talking about youtube videos

I would love a Thor backstory game similar to Kratos backstory from the Greek era

Basically a more deep look into how Thor became the way he is today

Also the possibility for more feats

Imagine the opening is similar to what ascension was for GOW with the primordials making the universe and such

It can be the void where fire and ice lived then ymir spawning into existence then show odin killing ymir and making the realms and nearly drowning the remaining giants with ymir life blood

we can get cool fight scenes/missions like thor vs the world serpent that shook the 9 realms supposedly

more on baludr, kratos's wife and other characters...etc

Just a thought

WHAT DID I JUST READ!!??
"Kratos is nowhere near multiversal, he is maybe multiversal and that is being nice"

Tell him to pick a side wtf

Some incident happened about 2 months ago on CV. Some guy named Karkus (same guy who made that imgur thread, the one with the "anti-feats"!) convinced a mod to mass-ban anyone he didn't like, including GOW scalers who scaled them above his wall level fanfic

It was reverted, but it's still kind of funny.

You'd be right but like, Ascension's opening cutscene is a 3-A feat.

Even casually parsing the verse gets you higher than Multi-Solar System level.

Is fear zeus not having better Power null specified some outdated thingy?
Cuz hope kratos Resistances to power null mentions fear zeus despite that a inferior key already resist Base Zeus power null + Julius vs Kratos mentioned it

Back