• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Is fear zeus not having better Power null specified some outdated thingy?
Nah, it'd be redundant to post Power Null on Fear Zeus again given that he already has "All previous abilities massively enhanced".

Cuz hope kratos Resistances to power null mentions fear zeus despite that a inferior key already resist Base Zeus power null + Julius vs Kratos mentioned it
Again, it'd be redundancy given the above reason.

Nah, it'd be redundant to post Power Null on Fear Zeus again given that he already has "All previous abilities massively enhanced".
Fair enough
Was thinking this one wouldn't be redudent cuz it was mentioned to be a extra layered, the same way the soul hax shinigams bs being on Conceptual level is mentioned too

Fair enough
Was thinking this one wouldn't be redudent cuz it was mentioned to be a extra layered, the same way the soul hax shinigams bs being on Conceptual level is mentioned too
Nah, even for layered shit we typically try to avoid redundancies as much as possible and only post the exact new powers that come with it not present in the previous keys.

Nah, even for layered shit we typically try to avoid redundancies as much as possible and only post the exact new powers that come with it not present in the previous keys.
Ahh i see, thought haxex are mentioned in new keys even though They weren't kn previous ones If they are layered now

Nope it's just tier 5, there is gonna potentially be tier 4 stuff for other characters besides Ganon but even then that's star level and not multi-solar system level so they'd be no good for matches with 4-A GOW characters.

638a5c8b17cb6.jpeg

They turned him into Dante why

Something I find funny and tragic is that during the fight at the Summit of Sacrifice, Kratos never at any point actually stood a chance at beating Zeus. Even if he managed to stab Zeus enough to kill him with the Blade of Olympus it'd have just let Fear manifest and kill Kratos instantly, only this time he hadn't been with Pandora or grown enough alongside her to actually unlock the power of Hope inside himself. After which Fear would just go on and return to Zeus' body, restore it and go back to ruling Olympus with even fate no longer keeping him in check.

So, Athena didn't sacrifice herself to save Zeus at that moment, she saved Kratos. All without knowing it.

Something I find funny and tragic is that during the fight at the Summit of Sacrifice, Kratos never at any point actually stood a chance at beating Zeus. Even if he managed to stab Zeus enough to kill him with the Blade of Olympus it'd have just let Fear manifest and kill Kratos instantly, only this time he hadn't been with Pandora or grown enough alongside her to actually unlock the power of Hope inside himself. After which Fear would just go on and return to Zeus' body, restore it and go back to ruling Olympus with even fate no longer keeping him in check.

So, Athena didn't sacrifice herself to save Zeus at that moment, she saved Kratos. All without knowing it.
Love the immense irony of Athena dooming Olympus by sacrificing herself to save it.

Logically speaking, yes.

In terms of actual dev intent tho, Zeus would have died then and there, and Olympus would slowly fall apart as Kratos and the Titans killed the other gods, Oceanus killing Hermes and so on and so forth. Other pantheons would come invading like Thor and the Sphinx and they would fall too, and in the end all other pantheons would effectively collapse with Kratos ultimately succumbing to Fear himself.

Something I find interesting is that even with her newfound perspective, Athena no longer remembers the seeming corruption of the Olympians that she started to notice prior to her death (like Hades fully shifting to his inhuman state, Artemis becoming reclusive, Iris' rainbows having a black streak in them etc.) and doesn't connect it to the Evils until the very end. Makes me wonder if that higher plane affected her mind more than just her personality shift.

Decided to look at all the comments for that Ganon vs Kratos tweets, equal mix of people saying Kratos claps because he's killed gods, Ganon claps because no weapon besides the Master Sword can hurt/kill him, and a bunch of thirst tweets because people can't control themselves (And I don't blame them).
Would verse equalization mean blade of Olympus could kill Ganon?

How can we be sure of that? Fear only returned when Hope Kratos beat the shit out of it so hard, for all we know he doesn't even want to do it.

How can we be sure of that? Fear only returned when Hope Kratos beat the shit out of it so hard, for all we know he doesn't even want to do it.
Zeus' is still sapient inside all of that so I'd assume he'd not want to stay in his spectral state when he can just return and recover. Either way, he'd have been unstoppable.

Logically speaking, yes.

In terms of actual dev intent tho, Zeus would have died then and there, and Olympus would slowly fall apart as Kratos and the Titans killed the other gods, Oceanus killing Hermes and so on and so forth. Other pantheons would come invading like Thor and the Sphinx and they would fall too, and in the end all other pantheons would effectively collapse with Kratos ultimately succumbing to Fear himself.
I don't think Kratos would care after that, he just wanted Zeus, so after that I think he just go "Kay, I'm done, see ya" and **** off forever.

I don't think Kratos would care after that, he just wanted Zeus, so after that I think he just go "Kay, I'm done, see ya" and **** off forever.
That's... actually true. He only used the Titans to siege Olympus so as to kill Zeus. He'd likely just leave after the Summit battle if Zeus died there.

The hilarious thing is that most of Olympus didn't like Zeus either, so they probably won't even care of even celebrate.

They may not like him but it seems to be implied that whatever disaster Zeus' death would've brought about would've been even worse than the state of the world the other Olympians would've left behind if they died.

Back