• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Let me ask something to you guys
When people here say "Athena is 5D" does this mean "She is Low 1-C" or "She is higher dimensional without being Tier 1"
Sorry if anything

Let me ask something to you guys
When people here say "Athena is 5D" does this mean "She is Low 1-C" or "She is higher dimensional without being Tier 1"
Sorry if anything
No, it just means she is 5D in range. HDE doesn't grant you tiers anymore.

So basically, latter.

@Planck69 Norse Kratos and God of War Kratos are considered relative if not equal to each-other now, right?
Ragnarok Kratos as he was during the final battle was weaker than Peak Greek Era Kratos, though not by much. Should he go absolutely all out/be bloodlusted then they're entirely even in physical statistics. That fight would come down to specific abilities and weapons.

Apparently Vanir Magic can also bring back the dead besides needing to do what Freya did to revive Mimir.

Ragnarok Kratos as he was during the final battle was weaker than Peak Greek Era Kratos, though not by much.
Basically this, there is nothing really saying in GOWR that Rage Kratos is vastly stronger, just less in control of his actions.
Should he go absolutely all out/be bloodlusted then they're entirely even in physical statistics. That fight would come down to specific abilities and weapons.
That fight would be wicked.

Maybe we should do a VS thread for it.

Frankly, the fact that as a cursed immortal demigod, Kratos can match up to Zeus with essentially no magic or godhead should terrify the other pantheons come to think of it. He's basically operating at minimal capacity compared to his potential peak.

Ragnarok Kratos as he was during the final battle was weaker than Peak Greek Era Kratos, though not by much. Should he go absolutely all out/be bloodlusted then they're entirely even in physical statistics. That fight would come down to specific abilities and weapons.
So had he done that he should've been able to match Odin 1 on 1? Since that would mean he can once again match peak GOW 3 Base Zeus who is Odin tier

So had he done that he should've been able to match Odin 1 on 1? Since that would mean he can once again match peak GOW 3 Base Zeus who is Odin tier
Maybe. He'd still be lacking signficantly in the versatility department when compared to Odin's magics so that'd mitigate his physical advantage.

Maybe. He'd still be lacking signficantly in the versatility department when compared to Odin's magics so that'd mitigate his physical advantage.
still weird as **** though

Seems kinda like plot just nerfing him then for the sake of that ( admittedly amazing ) 3 v 1 against Odin with Freya and Atreus

Maybe. But like Planck said, he'd still be lacking in the versatility department.

GoW3 Peak Kratos Pre-Hope vs Odin tho? Outright stomp. Kratos outgrows him with AD/RE in seconds flat and makes Odin cease to exist. Soul hax is there, absorption hax is there, range advantage is there, versatility advantage is there, Kratos has too many ways to one-shot Odin with the latter having none even without the AD/RE to take into consideration.

Same would happen in an actual matchup with Zeus vs Odin. None of Odin's shit would really work on Zeus, and anything Odin does to him will only make Zeus clap back stronger and one-shot him on the spot.

still weird as **** though

Seems kinda like plot just nerfing him then for the sake of that ( admittedly amazing ) 3 v 1 against Odin with Freya and Atreus
It's not as though he was at his absolute peak of power there. He was definitely giving as much as he could but he wasn't fully giving into his rage. Even then, Odin's no slouch and being able to fight multiple opponents is more of a skill and versatility feat than an expression of power.

Maybe. But like Planck said, he'd still be lacking in the versatility department.

GoW3 Peak Kratos Pre-Hope vs Odin tho? Outright stomp. Kratos outgrows him with AD/RE in seconds flat and makes Odin cease to exist. Soul hax is there, absorption hax is there, range advantage is there, versatility advantage is there, Kratos has too many ways to one-shot Odin with the latter having none even without the AD/RE to take into consideration.

Same would happen in an actual matchup with Zeus vs Odin. None of Odin's shit would really work on Zeus, and anything Odin does to him will only make Zeus clap back stronger and one-shot him on the spot.
Zeus wins that fight decisively but can we stop implying that he becomes like, instantly 10 times stronger mid-fight or whatever? He has never done that. Even when he completely overpowered Kratos at the summit of Olympus, it's not as though he instantly vaporized him. We don't actually know the growth rate beyond "he got beat up but now he's way more powerful".

He'd definitely overcome Odin in power as the fight drags on but it's not that fast or massive in the length of a single fight.

Zeus wins that fight decisively but can we stop implying that he becomes like, instantly 10 times stronger mid-fight or whatever? He has never done that. Even when he completely overpowered Kratos at the summit of Olympus, it's not as though he instantly vaporized him. We don't actually know the growth rate beyond "he got beat up but now he's way more powerful".
GoW3 Zeus straight up one-shotted Kratos tho. Man left him unable to even clutch on to the BoO on Gaia's back.

He'd definitely overcome Odin in power as the fight drags on but it's not that fast or massive in the length of a single fight.
That changes completely over the course of GoW3 in his fights with Kratos. That much is certain.

GoW3 Zeus straight up one-shotted Kratos tho. Man left him unable to even clutch on to the BoO on Gaia's back.
KLOL, there's oneshot in layman terms and there's oneshot as the wiki has it. Kratos was obviously folded but a oneshot would be if he was dusted or gored by that bolt.

Zeus becomes far stronger but "punch me and I turn you to salsa one sec later" doesn't happen. Maybe it could if a fight drags on long enough and very well might.

KLOL, there's oneshot in layman terms and there's oneshot as the wiki has it. Kratos was obviously folded but a oneshot would be if he was dusted or gored by that bolt.
Yeah uh... our oneshot terms are undergoing revisions so make what you will out of that.

Zeus becomes far stronger but "punch me and I turn you to salsa one sec later" doesn't happen. Maybe it could if a fight drags on long enough and very well might.
More so like 20 seconds post wound. It does need massive damage dealt to trigger at full potential after all.

Yeah uh... our oneshot terms are undergoing revisions so make what you will out of that.
Agnaa wanted to make the necessary gap larger IIRC. Regardless, the core isn't likely to change. You can't not kill someone instantly and say you oneshot them. Overwhelmed them in a single attack sure but not otherwise. Zeus can oneshot Ares, Poseidon and Hades. He demolished the Titans in one attack. But he's never killed God Kratos with one move (well, base Zeus at least).

Planck is right, Kratos took the direct hit of that lightning bolt from Early GoW3 Zeus and wasn't even harmed at all.

Planck is right, Kratos took the direct hit of that lightning bolt from Early GoW3 Zeus and wasn't even harmed at all.
He was overwhelmed and I'd say he was harmed in some capacity, given he couldn't even get a hold of himself. That said, while Zeus definitely folded him, it wasn't anywhere close to a oneshot as the site has it.

Agnaa wanted to make the necessary gap larger IIRC.
He's getting outvoted, and I believe DDM wanted to make new values for one-shot and new values for being completely invulnerable to attacks.

Regardless, the core isn't likely to change. You can't not kill someone instantly and say you oneshot them. Overwhelmed them in a single attack sure but not otherwise.
Apparently that's about to change as well. One-shots won't require you to kill the opponents anymore, since it's nebulous in and of itself.

Whatever abilities the Sigil Arrows grant

So explosion manip resistance, and status effect inducement resistance
Idk about explosion Inducement cux ingame it Only makes explosion if leviathan axe/Blades of chaos hits the sigil arrows targets, so explosion part it's moreso a combo

He's getting outvoted, and I believe DDM wanted to make new values for one-shot and new values for being completely invulnerable to attacks.

Apparently that's about to change as well. One-shots won't require you to kill the opponents anymore, since it's nebulous in and of itself.
I mean, if even that's changing then I guess I have nothing to say. Currently though, it's not a oneshot gap's worth of growth every time for Zeus.

Can't wait for Tier 2 to be revised and for Zeus to just jump and fold everyone bar DB and Sanic dudes.

I mean, if even that's changing then I guess I have nothing to say. Currently though, it's not a oneshot gap's worth of growth every time for Zeus.

Can't wait for Tier 2 to be revised and for Zeus to just jump and fold everyone bar DB and Sanic dudes.
Multipliers = universes meaning Kratos passively eventually grew to Multi when

What are the tier 2 revisions going to be?

Looking back BoO is more overpowered than i remembered🗿
Kratos resists Zeus lighting pl when a portion of his power already Power null yet blade nulled him so hard hr became mortal despite being the embodinent of war and Death, also nulled Athenna despite having conceptual manip and summoning, on top of that You gain the powers of those You power null

WE5qQmZ.png

Back