• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

The Hades that Kratos fought and killed was massively stronger than normal, he was in the Underworld where his power increased to the point he is considered the "Zeus of the Underworld" and has a massive influx of souls that died before that fight, like of the several titans that died and the millions of souls that died because Kratos killed Poseidon and that ended up flooding the world.

Really, the fact that Hades in these conditions performed as well as Poseidon just speaks highly of the later than the former.
Oh shit you right...forgot technically speaking Hades would be giga amped post Poseidon death from the worldwide flood and Poseidon killing several titans

Hmm...maybe Hades should get another key then?

Like a post Poseidon's death key or something similar

Honestly i feel like Zeus of the underworld is a reference to in mythology hades being called "The Infernal Zeus" or "The other Zeus
Not that i dissagree With pre amp hades < Poseidon

Don't forget he was also on the Underworld, so he had two mega boosts.

And not, it doesn't amerit a second key, just mention it in his justification.

For a second there I thought this was a VSB forum matchup but nah, just ComicVine LOL.
You would find it hilarious how many arguments here you had to debunk, Maulsmacker even used one of your debunks
Screenshot_2023-03-29-05-10-17-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-29-05-09-56-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

You would find it hilarious how many arguments here you had to debunk, Maulsmacker even used one of your debunks
Screenshot_2023-03-29-05-10-17-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-29-05-09-56-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
LOL

Fun fact: The novel also explicitly claims that Kratos had to maintain physical contact with the Blade of Olympus to tap into its reservoir (At least, until he finally took it all back after the Zeus fight and after Athena's death in GoW2), so Kratos wouldn't be able to use its godly powers if he just left it rotting in his hammerspace, he'd need to physically grab it and use it. BoO ain't a passive amp.

Guess who stands to benefit most from that. ZEUS. ************ had the BoO + Kratos' powers for that short time he did, yet he got whittled down by Titan Power-amped Kratos (Ironic, considering he mocked Kratos and his Titan powers calling them as irrelevant and no match for him). So at this point I am honestly wondering whether Kratos even using the BoO beyond that point other than to lifesteal and nullify Godly powers even has a point in terms of serving as a brute-force weapon anymore, given that by the start of GoW3, the Blade is practically a useless hunk of metal that Kratos merely uses to channel his power through (Given that it no longer lights up without either Zeus or Kratos actively using it).

LOL

Fun fact: The novel also explicitly claims that Kratos had to maintain physical contact with the Blade of Olympus to tap into its reservoir (At least, until he finally took it all back after the Zeus fight and after Athena's death in GoW2), so Kratos wouldn't be able to use its godly powers if he just left it rotting in his hammerspace, he'd need to physically grab it and use it. BoO ain't a passive amp.

Guess who stands to benefit most from that. ZEUS. ************ had the BoO + Kratos' powers for that short time he did, yet he got whittled down by Titan Power-amped Kratos (Ironic, considering he mocked Kratos and his Titan powers calling them as irrelevant and no match for him). So at this point I am honestly wondering whether Kratos even using the BoO beyond that point other than to lifesteal and nullify Godly powers even has a point in terms of serving as a brute-force weapon anymore, given that by the start of GoW3, the Blade is practically a useless hunk of metal that Kratos merely uses to channel his power through (Given that it no longer lights up without either Zeus or Kratos actively using it).
apparently somehow Kratos went from perseus tier to zeus tier without any powerups either, such idiocy.

apparently somehow Kratos went from perseus tier to zeus tier without any powerups either, such idiocy.
LMAO, let's just ignore that Kratos got Cronos' Rage and then by the time he reached Atlas he broke his Chains of Torment.

I bet they'll use "But the chains were weakened and look worn out", oh yeah, then why couldn't Atlas free himself from them after all this time and required Herc to break him out for the Pantheon lifting feat?

Can't wait for wankers to cry Kratos being wanked, Tier 2 GoW being old Matt/Kep era and how playing the games doesn't give the impression of Kratos being a cosmic character.

DESPITE THE PRIMORDIALS LITERALLY EXISTING IN THE INTRO OF GOW ASCENSION.

Can't wait for wankers to cry Kratos being wanked, Tier 2 GoW being old Matt/Kep era and how playing the games doesn't give the impression of Kratos being a cosmic character.

DESPITE THE PRIMORDIALS LITERALLY EXISTING IN THE INTRO OF GOW ASCENSION.
The Bleach wankers complaining about wank would be ironic enough to accidentally destroy the minds of everyone GOW fan, good tactic.

The Bleach wankers complaining about wank would be ironic enough to accidentally destroy the minds of everyone GOW fan, good tactic.
Not just Bleach, wankers of other verses too.

It'd be ironic to see Asura's Wrath trying to claim the same tho, both verses are of similar nature, suffering from the same exact ******* downplay and there's more to be gained in being united against the downplay rather than tearing each others' throats.

It'd be ironic to see Asura's Wrath trying to claim the same tho, both verses are of similar nature, suffering from the same exact ******* downplay and there's more to be gained in being united against the downplay rather than tearing each others' throats.
Asura wrath has one fight and they just ride it so hard ignoring the entire game.

Asura's Wrath actually suffers from downplay?

I feel it's subjected to wank more than anything. Hell, half of the time I hear "if asura's wrath did it why can't god of war?????"

Asura's Wrath actually suffers from downplay?
Oh yes, it does. Especially on this site. Thanks to good old Matt.

Every hack-and-slash beat-em-up game with even the slightest hint of cosmic feel got downplayed to hell and back by Matt. Let's also put FATE, Dragon Ball, Marvel and DC, Mario and most other verses on his shitlist, minus SMT, OPM and Warhammer.

Oh yes, it does. Especially on this site. Thanks to good old Matt.

Every hack-and-slash beat-em-up game with even the slightest hint of cosmic feel got downplayed to hell and back by Matt. Let's also put FATE, Dragon Ball, Marvel and DC, Mario and most other verses on his shitlist, minus SMT, OPM and Warhammer.
Matt as in the Matt who thought that Ouranos died to Ceto?

As a fan myself, what in particular is downplayed?
Particularly the sizes of the objects involved and the size discrepancies which are mostly a result of hardware limitations on the console it was built on (Another reason why PC gaming reigns supreme), and I have found additional evidence regarding the galaxy within which Chakravartin is shown, which most people used as a debunk for him being larger than galaxies (It is from the Asura's Wrath Official Artworks book). Problem is, that Milky Way galaxy and Chakravartin size stuff never made it to the final game, it is concept artwork.

Zamasu-chan knew more but he left the wiki. Asura's Wrath supporters are far and few between on the wiki now that I look at it.

I'm a supporter and quite knowledgeable, but I'm also not a fan of using the concept art sizes alone (I know what you're referencing, unless there was something added within the past few years) if there isn't an official statement to go along with it.

It's 100% a usable feat. Not everything in gameplay is outright game mechanics. Context is king. Even Mimir warns Kratos to stay in control when Kratos uses too much Spartan Rage.
Why is it useful? Isn't Kratos' invincibility while being in Spartan Rage simply a game mechanic? I mean, draugrs' attacks with swords also bounce off Kratos when he's in Spartan Rage in a similar fashion.

Back