• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

The funny thing is now with Valor Rage, if you time that block right, not only will Kratos eat it like a champ, but he will also gain back Health from the impact akin to Dante's Royalguard.

Valor literally is GoW's version of Royalguard.

Of course, Spartan Rage having 3 forms is just blatant game mechanics, Kratos can use all of their effects at the same time if he wants to lore-wise, GoW3 Kratos even more so.
Now waiting for Smvr to mastering Valor so he can bully Heimdall more like he did with Dante Royalguard against Vergil

There is only an alternate timeline Mortal World.

If that happened, no more alternate timelines.

That one's an even bigger can of worms.

1. What do you mean?

2. So if there was Infinite Timelines in the Greek Pantheon then Helios destroying the World Pillar that supposedly contains all of them would be a Multiversal+ feat then?

3. Yeesh...how big?

The alternate timeline is only the mortal universe. The other realms are unaffected,

Well, not contain but yeah. It'd be a 2-A feat.

1. And yet there are alternate versions of the God apparently? Given what he said about a confirmed timeline where Ares successfully killed Kratos?

2. Ok

Since Poseidon is clearly far stronger in his Water God form than his base (which still one-shot a Titan), shouldn;t his profile tier be something like "2-C, higher with Water Body"?

His Hippocampi could scale to his Base, which is >= Hades and Ares and one-shot a Titan before being that massive water god form.

Also aren't Poseidon and Hades equal?

Not True Form Poseidon>>>Base Poseidon~Hades? That seems like some Poseidon wank unless I am missing something

Also aren't Poseidon and Hades equal?

Not True Form Poseidon>>>Base Poseidon~Hades? That seems like some Poseidon wank unless I am missing something
Poseidon is superior to Hades, and only second to Zeus.

And like, he'd have beaten up Ares, but oneshot is stretching it very, very far.

Poseidon is superior to Hades, and only second to Zeus.

And like, he'd have beaten up Ares, but oneshot is stretching it very, very far.

When was it stated he was superior to Hades again?

Because honestly then at best it would be a >= to Hades given they both fought the same Beginning to Middle of GOW 3 Kratos with around the same difficulty showing they are definitely comparable to each other at their peaks power wise...idk about hax though

Because honestly then at best it would be a >= to Hades given they both fought the same Beginning to Middle of GOW 3 Kratos with around the same difficulty showing they are definitely comparable to each other at their peaks power wise...idk about hax though
The GoW1 and GoW2 manuals both state Poseidon is second only to Zeus. The Ascension blogpost also state that Poseidon is the second strongest Olympian after Zeus.

The Ascension Digital Manual states that the Top 4 Strongest Gods are Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Ares.

GoW1 novel states that nobody can match up to the might of the Brother Kings.

Poseidon's the second strongest, but the gap between him and Hades isn't as big as people make it out to be. Unlike the gap between Zeus and the rest of the pantheon.

The GoW1 and GoW2 manuals both state Poseidon is second only to Zeus. The Ascension blogpost also state that Poseidon is the second strongest Olympian after Zeus.

The Ascension Digital Manual states that the Top 4 Strongest Gods are Zeus, Poseidon, Hades and Ares.

Poseidon's the second strongest, but the gap between him and Hades isn't as big as people make it out to be. Unlike the gap between Zeus and the rest of the pantheon.

1. I know the about the "2nd to only Zeus in eminence" statement or whatever but that doesn't necessarily have to mean power ya know? Though I haven't seen this Ascension statement yet. Could you post that?

2. I mean...I already knew that

3. I knew that too...points 2 and 3 are stuff I already agree with

4. Hmm...so power wise it's more like Poseidon>=Hades but Hades has the hax advantage?

What do you think of Base Poseidon being different from his Water form from GoW3?

Since it's clear his water form is vastly stronger than his base.

1. I know the about the "2nd to only Zeus in eminence" statement or whatever but that doesn't necessarily have to mean power ya know? Though I haven't seen this Ascension statement yet. Could you post that?

2. I mean...I already knew that

3. I knew that too...points 2 and 3 are stuff I already agree with

4. Hmm...so power wise it's more like Poseidon>=Hades but Hades has the hax advantage?
Eminence mainly means power, it's the only metric that really matters for the Olympians. And both of them fighting and getting killed by Kratos is about as much a sensible indicator of equality as Poseidon and Hermes being comparable.

The gaps between the gods aren't that insane when you exclude Zeus.

What do you think of Base Poseidon being different from his Water form from GoW3?

Since it's clear his water form is vastly stronger than his base.
I don't hold much stock in it. His water form doesn't show feats any better than his base form does, who just callously dives into Epithemeus and kills him on the spot. All it gives him is a little bit more versatility, maneuverability and all.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. His human form was supposed to be much more menacing and would've required Gaia and Kratos to combine forces to beat him. Time constraints however, meant that the lion's share of the combat showcase went straight to Hades.

I don't hold much stock in it. His water form doesn't show feats any better than his base form does, who just callously dives into Epithemeus and kills him on the spot. All it gives him is a little bit more versatility, maneuverability and all.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. His human form was supposed to be much more menacing and would've required Gaia and Kratos to combine forces to beat him. Time constraints however, meant that the lion's share of the combat showcase went straight to Hades.
His base one-shot a Titan.

His Water Form was wiping out like a dozen at a time.

His base one-shot a Titan.

His Water Form was wiping out like a dozen at a time.
That doesn't really mean much. His base only attacked one titan before going into his water form, and if he can one shot 1 titan he could easily 1 shot several of them at a time if he just used a large enough attack to hit them all at once so the water form taking out like a dozen of them is just more of a range feat than anything else, he can just get more of them than his base due to being way bigger.

The Hades that Kratos fought and killed was massively stronger than normal, he was in the Underworld where his power increased to the point he is considered the "Zeus of the Underworld" and has a massive influx of souls that died before that fight, like of the several titans that died and the millions of souls that died because Kratos killed Poseidon and that ended up flooding the world.

Really, the fact that Hades in these conditions performed as well as Poseidon just speaks highly of the later than the former.

Back