• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

"Literally never happened either. The light of Helios reached all of the underworld because the underworld isn't infinite. It is light, it moves at the speed of light, not infinite speed." yet it obv didn't took 94 billion years to reach the underworld, wow!

Like I said, Matt is a shadow of his former self now. His opinion doesn't amount to jackshit anymore. He tried having the Greek thread closed 6 times in a row and tried making a rule against the upgrades, if Kep didn't undo his bullshit, Uni GoW would be a pipedream by now.

In general sense I am sometimes randomly awed with how much we here at wiki dictate the powerscaling perspective meta/narrative of many verses accross entire internet.
i think VS debating/powerscaling has a lot positive benefit such as

• mental gymnastic
  • encouraging people to think critically and logically
  • encouraging people to learn logic, mathematics, metaphysics, physics, philosophy, etc
  • encouraging people to avoid informal and formal fallacy
  • Data oriented thinking and possibly object oriented thinking
  • modular and algorithm thinking
  • psychology empowerment

i think VS debating/powerscaling has a lot positive benefit such as

• mental gymnastic
  • encouraging people to think critically and logically
  • encouraging people to learn logic, mathematics, metaphysics, physics, philosophy, etc
  • encouraging people to avoid informal and formal fallacy
  • Data oriented thinking and possibly object oriented thinking
  • modular and algorithm thinking
  • psychology empowerment
You use Autodesk Maya and now this.

You are game developer? 😈

Indeed. I have been exploiting deficiencies in VSBW's protections to harvest data from tens of thousands every week.
Did you also find irregularities in Barcelona's funding that led to their outing at court for bribery with the referees chief?

I wonder if I'm in there somewhere. I used to be staunchly against anything that's above 5-B.

I'm still hesitant to an extent, but nowhere near as much.

Edit: I am. But it was a about single tweet that basically amounted to an opinion with the evidence at the time.

LMFAO, imagine missing the point of GoW2 and GoW3
Didn't watched it yet but i recall in a video he was also saying the game was doing a shitty attempt at redeeming the Kratos

But Yeah people miss Kratos only acts like that cuz after Zeus betrayed and destroyed his last family alongside Athena death speech he doesn't have anything to give a **** about anymore

Some guy on the GOW wiki is now trying to say "there's no evidence he made the pocket dimension ur assuming"
Clownery. There's no point in arguing with these mooks at all. Just ignore them, move on, and forget the GoW wiki ever existed, given that they don't take too kindly to actually viewing the lore in-depth.

It kind of feels like this person just skimmed the cutscenes, honestly.

Kratos is actually a very empty person due to his upbringing, and has consistently tried and failed at using sex and violence to fill the void. He found that the void could only be filled by the genuine affection from a family, so the deaths of his entire family (including Deimos) and the manipulation of his fate at the Gods' hands was the straw that broke the Camel's back. Kratos got revenge on the Gods, but it was no more successful than his other attempts to fill the void and just ended up wrecking the Greek world.

It's certainly not Kratos is a hero, Kratos becomes a villain, Kratos redeems himself. He was never really a conventional hero as such.

Last edited:
GoW3 is ending isn't about Kratos redeeming himself as much as it is abot learning to forgive himself and move on, a messy ""closure"" sort of. Obviously such things cannot have closure, but things did need to move on.

I wouldn't say he learned to forgive himself there. That was more the later years between Gow III and IV.

Some guy on the GOW wiki is now trying to say "there's no evidence he made the pocket dimension ur assuming"
Well tbf I'm not 100% sure this sites rules for pocket dimensions allow us to say he made the dimension either, learned how strict our rules on the subject can be when we were forced to discard Vaatis 4-A feat and treat it as just him using dimensional travel

Honestly man just ignore them at this point, not worth getting into arguments with them, they can't force the standards and views they have onto you or this wiki so just hang back and leave them to it.

he was also saying the game was doing a shitty attempt at redeeming the Kratos
Yeah I'm pretty sure he widely missed how the point of the game wasn't an attempt at redeeming him but showing how far gone he's become at this point and how he's gotta at least try and move on from everything that happened in the past. Granted the writing for GOW3 can be pretty wonky but otherall I think the themes of the story are pretty clear that it's not meant to be a straightforward typical redemption arc.

Kratos was never really a conventional hero for him to be redeemed. His sense of empathy and meaning was found in his family and to a lesser extent his home city of Sparta but that aside, he was an ambitious and bloodthirsty warrior that would do anything for victory and glory.

When he lost his family due his own hand and the gods, as well as his home, he lost all of that and lashed out at the perpetrators to soothe his rage and misery. But all it does is destroy everything around him and leave him unresolved. He works through some of his core failings to gain Hope but even then, him giving it to humanity was as much an act of defiance and last-hour pettiness than it was a selfless sacrifice.

Which makes sense, considering that his free will was stripped from him in the most messy and accidental way ever.

Honestly, while he did actively sell his soul for power in a moment of weakness, he unfortunately had the misfortune of being scouted out by Ares ling before that point.

From his very birth, his life was already going to be a mess.

I find myself wondering, is Ares corpse still somewhere in the wreckage of Greece? Has it turned to bones and armour already?

Honestly it doesn't matter whether or not Ares made the dimension TBF (Even tho he most definitely did given the context of the events), he can already manipulate all aspects of it since he's effectively omnipresent in the dimension, and 2, it really isn't relevant in the tiering scheme of things, because it's only there to show that Ares knows what a galaxy is, what it looks like and he couldn't have BFR'd Kratos to it out of the blue without knowing an IRL galaxy and its properties which definitively exist in the normal Mortal Universe in Greek World.

It was made in response to downplayers of 2018-2019 who argued that the Greek GoW Universe wasn't a proper universe, but ultimately, it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things given we have Ascension and the Comics prove otherwise.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he widely missed how the point of the game wasn't an attempt at redeeming him but showing how far gone he's become at this point and how he's gotta at least try and move on from everything that happened in the past. Granted the writing for GOW3 can be pretty wonky but otherall I think the themes of the story are pretty clear that it's not meant to be a straightforward typical redemption arc.
I agree, i always seen as it as why norse kratos tries to redeem himself (granted gow 3 was 7 years before gow 4)💀

From his very birth, his life was already going to be a mess.
Honestly a lot of people seem to forget the type of stories the games were based on, there's a reason "greek tragedy" is such a well known form of story telling the whole point is that the protagonists are pretty much doomed from the start to have their lives take a turn for the worst at some point, for Kratos selling his soul in a moment of weakness was that turning point and he was going to end up in that situation from the moment he was born.

It was made in response to downplayers of 2018-2019 who argued that the Greek GoW Universe wasn't a proper universe, but ultimately, it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things given we have Ascension and the Comics prove otherwise.
The fact that it's so irrelevant makes me baffled as to why people tend to try and discredit it so much, like cool that they wanna argue Ares didn't make the dimension but with all the other stuff from the games they won't address any of it with even half as much as they do with that dimension shit Ares pulls.

By the way, how do the boons work in God of War? Does a God lose a bit of strength when empowering a champion?

In that case, could they potentially grant a mortal a far more substantial fraction of their strength than what we've seen (say 20%)?

I am pretty sure they could similat to how athena made kratos the god of war but didn't cuz they didn't wanted

Back