• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I am pretty sure they could similat to how athena made kratos the god of war but didn't cuz they didn't wanted
Actually, was that ever explained? I was always under the assumption that Athena just gave Kratos the godhead that Ares once wielded. It doesn't really make sense for her to somehow be powerful enough to gift Ares' power to a mortal from her own divine being.

Usually tho, the Gods tend to give their champions their weapons as per the Prima Guidebook of GoW1 and Ascension.

Actually, was that ever explained? I was always under the assumption that Athena just gave Kratos the godhead that Ares once wielded. It doesn't really make sense for her to somehow be powerful enough to gift Ares' power to a mortal from her own divine being.
I was moreso thinking that cuz as far as i remember he wasn't treated in gow 1 as a god level dude (until chains of Olympus but that's another story) without hope amp, i might misremember tho

I was moreso thinking that cuz as far as i remember he wasn't treated in gow 1 as a god level dude (until chains of Olympus but that's another story) without hope amp, i might misremember tho
...Yes, but how does that relate to Athena granting him godhood? My point was that Athena granting him that power herself doesn't make much sense since Ares is stronger than her.

...Yes, but how does that relate to Athena granting him godhood? My point was that Athena granting him that power herself doesn't make much sense since Ares is stronger than her.
Ohhh i see i misread
I never meant he became Ares level due to athena shit moreso he became god level physically, i don't think straight up when become gow was superior to ares without hope from memory at least

So I got to ask

Are Persephone and Helios Olympian tier?

Like they have good feats like constantly beating Nyx's cheeks and his power was going to destroy the world pillar with Persephone's death actually doing so

But do they scale to their superiors? Ya know...like even lesser Olympians like Hermes, Hera, Artemis, Hephaestus or Aphrodite?

Like the only Olympian scaling I know objectively are the top 5-6

1. Zeus ( Obvious reasons )

2/3/4.( Poseidon/Hades/Heracles...once again obvious reasons )

5 Ares ( Literally stated strongest Olympian after Big 3 )

6. Athena ( iirc stated comparable to Ares in novels yes? )

So I got to ask

Are Persephone and Helios Olympian tier?
Bruh, Helios is literally a Titan who switched sides to the Olympians.

Persephone is a former Olympian who got cast down into Elysium.

Like they have good feats like constantly beating Nyx's cheeks and his power was going to destroy the world pillar with Persephone's death actually doing so

But do they scale to their superiors? Ya know...like even lesser Olympians like Hermes, Hera, Artemis, Hephaestus or Aphrodite?
Helios scales above most of them, but below the Brother Kings. Helios is the benchmark for normal bottom-rung Olympians.

Like the only Olympian scaling I know objectively are the top 5-6

1. Zeus ( Obvious reasons )

2/3/4.( Poseidon/Hades/Heracles...once again obvious reasons )

5 Ares ( Literally stated strongest Olympian after Big 3 )
That's about right.

6. Athena ( iirc stated comparable to Ares in novels yes? )
She's comparable, but overall weaker. No one really scales that nicely to the Top 4 Big Baddies. She's a decent bit stronger than Hermes tho (Threatened to kill him with her blade in the GoW2 novel), that's for certain.

No idea about Artemis, but her arrows could harm Ares, so there's that.

Thankfully Odin's profile wasn't made until the aesir were bumped up to 4-A/2-C, but he was Hypersonic+ lmao
A lotta things were off looking back. Hades had Class P LS for no reason. Zeus, and Hercules had Class E for being stronger than Atlas. Kratos had Class T for no reason despite overpowering all of those guys lmfao.

Hypersonic+ was BS because Kratos reacts to the dragon's lighting plenty of times lol

I didn't know bruh lmao, still catching up on GOW full story

Helios scales above most of them, but below the Brother Kings. Helios is the benchmark for normal bottom-rung Olympians.
So he's like a sort of middle ground essentially?

That's about right.
Sweet
She's comparable, but overall weaker. No one really scales that nicely to the Top 4 Big Baddies. She's a decent bit stronger than Hermes tho (Threatened to kill him with her blade in the GoW2 novel), that's for certain.
I mean comparable doesn't necessarily mean equal yeah just nearing I mean

Hmm

We only know that he did it during the first game, I think maybe there is a book talking about it.

That's about right.

KLOL, you who read the book of God Of War, do you have anything explaining about the dimension of Ares?

GoW1 Novel shows it as being a mental thing, but GoW2 retcons it into a legitimate dimension thing instead.
I mentioned you just now, but thanks for mentioning, I'm a fan of God, but I've never read the novels, normally I don't like that much, but I've seen all the comics

I am pretty sure the novel also implies Ares just instantly creates a physical space as well

It says something to the effect of Kratos being teleported to another dimension or something in a flash of light iirc

I am pretty sure the novel also implies Ares just instantly creates a physical space as well

It says something to the effect of Kratos being teleported to another dimension or something in a flash of light iirc
Nah, the GOW 1 novel says that Ares took hold of his mind.

How many layers is kratos above baseline infinite speed?
Which Tier 2 Kratos? GoW? Hope? Norse?

GoW Kratos I'd put on par with Weakened Hermes at the bare minimum, at least for the first half of GoW3, though he scales above Athena and is on par with Zeus, who can blitz Hermes. Kratos also scales to the Sisters of Fate who have their own infinite speeds so it's kind of hard to determine the chain.

There's always Uranus and his noggin containing the infinite Mortal Universe, but eh, that gets muddled by the scaling chain too. Ultimately, the speed chain is tied with the power chain due to how power and speed operate and increase linearly in GoW.

Back