• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Norse Kratos isn't yet at the point where he'd be too bloated to keep as part of the overall profile and I doubt he'd get there even with Ragnarok. Like, his profile as is shorter than the either of the two profiles I had to split Ji Ning into for instance.
Greek Kratos was obscenely bloated for absolutely no reason whatsoever, especially for his Demigod self and his God of War title self when it all should have been two separate keys from the get-go.

As for further games, honestly that's so distant that we can probably just handle it then.
If they don't add much to the skillset then I honestly don't see why they'd get completely separate profiles that will be just as lacking without enough proper research.

Heck, even with all the new stuff 2018 alone had I doubt it'd be enough to match what Kratos has from the Greek Era alone, so Ragnarok has some pretty big shoes to fill which I hope Eric Williams can stand up to.

I honestly think this was the wrong move. It's going to get too messy eventually during the next games, and he no longer has any of his past powers. I think Norse Kratos should have stayed it's own profile
I suggested this (especially if his additional gear is added) but we decided against it

A random question. I've always wondered what the room containing The Pandora's Box in Pandora's Temple really is. In the background you can see mountains, rain and even wind is blowing. Is it some kind of alternate dimension or just an illusion to make the room appear so? Is the room described in the novel?

What does the Novel say of Ares' dimension? Did he create it? Is it an actual universe? Or did he teleport Kratos to the deepest reaches of space and the temple was an illusion?

How is the shovel knight canon being taken again?

Because Kratos' appearance was confirmed canon to God of War and Shovel Knight more than once and happened between God of War 3 and 4. I understand it's impossible for Kratos to use certain weapons and abilities during the fight in Shovel Knight in order for it to be canon but it was stressed it did happen.

That was probably just a joke
No, Cory mentions it's a part of God of War history twice. Once in a conference for GOW2018 where he brings up Kratos' shovel night appearance himself without anyone asking and the other is on Twitter where he once again brings up Kratos appearing in Shovel Knight to be canon and what period it takes place in during GOW history without anyone asking about it. YachtClub games also mentioned its canon to Shovel Knight as well.

around 14:30

Yachtclub games confirming they are both canon to each other

I also thought the shovel knight being canon was a joke too but Cory is pretty adamant that it's canon. Now I think the fight itself is non-canon to God of War for obvious reasons.

An interesting thing in that panel is that he originally wanted the journey inside the World Serpent to be far bigger like a Willy Wonka and he wanted the Serpent to have realms inside it that Atreus and Kratos would venture through.

An interesting thing in that panel is that he originally wanted the journey inside the World Serpent to be far bigger like a Willy Wonka and he wanted the Serpent to have realms inside it that Atreus and Kratos would venture through.
That's insane. It makes sense tho, seeing as Jormi literally is wrapped around the entire realm of Midgard.

No evidence the discord response is real besides that screenshot. The World tree is never described like what “Richard Gaubert” said anywhere else in lore and it’s already a response made to a fake facebook post. Should be asking for evidence that proves it’s real.

Buddy, I'm not, and all of us, ain't saying it's real. Richard Gaubert is an actual writer for the game. "No evidence for it being real" is not an argument. actually investigating into it, and seeing if we could find it on discord, before we say for sure it's fake, or it's real, has to be done.

So for now we just take it with a grain of salt

No evidence for it being real is an argument. Never take a screenshot of WoG at face value especially if God of War is involved when it’s notorious for having a bunch of fake WoG screenshots floating around. Just because Richard Gaubert’s name is seen in the screen shot doesn’t mean his response is real or someone couldn’t have faked being him. The screenshot is already filled with red flags especially the last sentence claiming that the devs use promotional material and guidebooks to explain the world structure. For 1, Cory has made it clear that is not gonna be explained in yet and 2 you cant find any guidebook or promotional material that corroborates anything about realities transcending each other or what ever bs that scan says.

This was a pain in the balls to read. Please space this shit out next time
No evidence for it being real is an argument. Never take a screenshot of WoG at face value especially if God of War is involved when it’s notorious for having a bunch of fake WoG screenshots floating around
What other Fake WoG screenshots are there other than the Well of destiny, and the Zeus crushing the universe scan are out there?
Just because Richard Gaubert’s name is seen in the screen shot doesn’t mean his response is real or someone couldn’t have faked being him.
True
The screenshot is already filled with red flags especially the last sentence claiming that the devs use promotional material and guidebooks to explain the world structure.
I mean we do have alternative media like the Novel telling us a single strand of the tree is infinite, and the 2010 comics telling us that Uranus created the universe in Greece. So it's not out of the ordinary for the series' promotional material and guidebooks explain the lore and nature and history of the world
For 1, Cory has made it clear that is not gonna be explained in yet
What? The world tree? When has he said this?
and 2 you cant find any guidebook or promotional material that corroborates anything about realities transcending each other or what ever bs that scan says.
Fair enough on this.

This was a pain in the balls to read. Please space this shit out next time
On mobile atm therefore not going through the trouble to make everything pretty
What other Fake WoG screenshots are there other than the Well of destiny, and the Zeus crushing the universe scan are out there?
A good amount of fake dms with cory barlog talking about timelines and transcending stuff aka the usual fake dm stuff.
I mean we do have alternative media like the Novel telling us a single strand of the tree is infinite, and the 2010 comics telling us that Uranus created the universe in Greece. So it's not out of the ordinary for the series' promotional material and guidebooks explain the lore and nature and history of the world
That’s true but that stuff can be found in guidebooks and promotional material and is backed up in game, unlike the stuff in the response from apparently Richard Gaubert that he said exist.
What? The world tree? When has he said this?
Any time Cory is asks about the cosmology in God of war and gow everything works he says the answer is kept on a tight lid and only a few developers actually know. Saying the Norse world is set upon a hilbert space tree with infinitelly transcending layers compromises that.

FThmNaAWIAAih6q

Zeus is playable in the Ghost of Sparta combat arena. You could probably get a few new resistances there.

That and all the characters that are canonically comparable to Kratos should resist his available Hax.

Zeus is playable in the Ghost of Sparta combat arena. You could probably get a few new resistances there.
That's just bonus gameplay, not sure if it's canon.

That and all the characters that are canonically comparable to Kratos should resist his available Hax.
This one however, is canon, and I think most of the characters have it already, Ares specifically, he straight up stole all of Kratos's magic for himself.

This one however, is canon, and I think most of the characters have it already, Ares specifically, he straight up stole all of Kratos's magic for himself
For example Hades and Hercules should resist the soul Summons, unsure about Hermes, the furies, Thanatos, and Deimos should resist freezing abilities, and Zeus should resist light manipulation

Back