• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

That's a great example. I'm hearing great things about the CP anime, and I heard the game is better now as well.
Oh dude the game is amazing best story I have ever play'd its just great plus the game play loop is pretty damn fun and that music MAAAAAaaan its so ****** good like here give a listen to one of the end game songs

here is a combat track

and here is a somber track

if you gonna play the game though? don't go to the comment section
just don't they'll spoil a shit load of things

The Warrior of Zeus just zips across the arena, the other guy doesn't make an attempt to run up with him or catch him. But I see no reason to keep the folk at Hypersonic, they should just be MHS+ because of being able to at least react to and parry the Olympian lightning bolts.

Kratos and the Dioscuri Twins Castor and Pollux should just be FTL outright because WoG confirms they're straight up swifter than the Redeemed Warrior even if the latter uses Essence of Hyperion, which itself is a neutered version of Zeus's own personal dash.
That was the essence of Hyperion and it looked kinda like he side stepped it to me. Might have to watch it again tho as it was fast.

But yeah totally agree on the warriors being MHS+ at the bare minimum and Kratos and other Mortals and Demigods being straight up FTL

Oh dude the game is amazing best story I have ever play'd its just great plus the game play loop is pretty damn fun and that music MAAAAAaaan its so ****** good like here give a listen to one of the end game songs
Yeah I've heard some of the Soundtrack. It's ******* great, HEALTH did some tracks in there too and I ******* love them. They did the score for Max Payne 3 for Rockstar.

Have they patched some of the bugs?

That was the essence of Hyperion and it looked kinda like he side stepped it to me. Might have to watch it again tho as it was fast.

But yeah totally agree on the warriors being MHS+ at the bare minimum and Kratos and other Mortals and Demigods being straight up FTL
Nah, Kratos and Castor/Pollux only. They're built different. Castor/Pollux is literally built different, but not in a good way.

Also

>Speed: At least Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+ (Should be vastly superior to the Athenian Soldiers, which are able to shoot arrows at supersonic speeds), Speed of Light[4] via Essence of Hyperion

I haven't finished ascension yet but someone needs to find a scan of him or anyone reacting to said arrows

Is this really deconstruction? Feels more like the lightning being powerful enough to vaporize
The lightning works like that yes, in the GOW1 novel, Kratos with the Rage of Poseidon disintegrated a Minotaur to the point where not even vapor remained. Untouchable wraiths, Cyclopes and undead legionnaires were thoroughly wiped out too. No smoke left. Chapter 6.

latest

Also

>Speed: At least Supersonic+, possibly Hypersonic+ (Should be vastly superior to the Athenian Soldiers, which are able to shoot arrows at supersonic speeds), Speed of Light[4] via Essence of Hyperion

I haven't finished ascension yet but someone needs to find a scan of him or anyone reacting to said arrows
Old ratings, but the soldiers are supposed to be Hypersonic+ for being able to fight on par with Harpies, which can easily fly from Rhodes to Mt. Etna within 4 minutes as seen in GOW2, not because of Arrows.

I remember someone trying to argue that the Cyclopes (who are giant, IIRC) had sub-human durability because Giant Zeus (or some other god) had some 'trouble' crushing a building (basically, he spent more than an instant crushing it under his foot).

Edit: Yes.

Last edited:
I remember someone trying to argue that the Cyclopes (who are giant, IIRC) had sub-human durability Giant Zeus (or some other god) had some 'trouble' crushing a building (basically, he spent more than an instant crushing it under his foot).
Pretty sure it's trolling/bait. Or they're the sort of people to unironically believe in Tier 9 Marvel Thor so either way, not worth any time.

Funny that this can be said for several forms of media. Goku Black and Zamasu took an extended amount of time to destroy the Earth. Guess they're Tier 6.

Given he's a Primordial, he's another resident punching bag. Helios is all it takes to keep him at bay.
At least he has very potent Sleep Manipulation. Then again, I don't think any of the gods resist it either...

The Warrior of Zeus just zips across the arena, the other guy doesn't make an attempt to run up with him or catch him. But I see no reason to keep the folk at Hypersonic, they should just be MHS+ because of being able to at least react to and parry the Olympian lightning bolts.

Kratos and the Dioscuri Twins Castor and Pollux should just be FTL outright because WoG confirms they're straight up swifter than the Redeemed Warrior even if the latter uses Essence of Hyperion, which itself is a neutered version of Zeus's own personal dash.
Why was Kratos only likely ftl again?

Old ratings, but the soldiers are supposed to be Hypersonic+ for being able to fight on par with Harpies, which can easily fly from Rhodes to Mt. Etna within 4 minutes as seen in GOW2, not because of Arrows.
But you need proof their combat (dodging, movement) speed scales to their flight speed

Broly wins via heat manipulation, destroying whole star systems would produce too much heat
I can't tell if this is joking or not in to account for Poe's Law, one doesn't get heat manipulation from destroying objects.

Also like, Kratos can handle Sutr's flames connecting to his body while the latter was channeling them into the Blades of Chaos. Flames that are the source of all stars and heat across reality aren't exactly slouches in that regard.

Yeah I've heard some of the Soundtrack. It's ******* great, HEALTH did some tracks in there too and I ******* love them. They did the score for Max Payne 3 for Rockstar.

Have they patched some of the bugs?
most of them actually if you have a PC i recommend the game its real good

although you could wait like 4/5 months since they are gonna be releasing a big next gen patch in the first half of 2023 as well as a pretty ******* big DLC from what we've seen

I can't tell if this is joking or not in to account for Poe's Law, one doesn't get heat manipulation from destroying objects.

Also like, Kratos can handle Sutr's flames connecting to his body while the latter was channeling them into the Blades of Chaos. Flames that are the source of all stars and heat across reality aren't exactly slouches in that regard.
Its from the explosions Broly makes, it would obviously have a lot of heat. How would you know if Surtr was using the same level of heat against Kratos? If he did he would have vaporized the world, unless its confirmed Surtr can like concentrate all that energy into a small point

I remember someone trying to argue that the Cyclopes (who are giant, IIRC) had sub-human durability because Giant Zeus (or some other god) had some 'trouble' crushing a building (basically, he spent more than an instant crushing it under his foot).

Edit: Yes.
That was long before Kep eventually conceded and agreed to the Tier 3 revisions LOL

But you need proof their combat (dodging, movement) speed scales to their flight speed
Harpies can fight mid-flight and perform sick acrobatic maneuvers during the Pegasus flight sequence. Kratos literally makes jumps and turns during this event by himself to slaughter eagle-looking creatures and with the Pegasus. This is a complete non-starter to prove anything.

Last edited:
Its from the explosions Broly makes, it would obviously have a lot of heat. How would you know if Surtr was using the same level of heat against Kratos? If he did he would have vaporized the world, unless its confirmed Surtr can like concentrate all that energy into a small point
Terrible trolling is terrible. Not even worth addressing.

Last edited:
Back