• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

People found voice lines for Sinmara and other hidden files that were cut.

The original quest was Kratos' primordial fire was an improper substitute that causes issues and Surtr dies. Atreus and Kratos go to find Sinmara to replace Surtr and Atreus lies to Sinmara and pretends Odin killed Surtr. Atreus is focused on getting revenge on Odin and Kratos tries to set him on the right path. Sinmara goes to the Spark of the World and merges with Surtr's heart. After Ragnarok, Surtr and Sinmara's hearts split apart. A questline where Kratos finds Surtr and Sinmara's hearts in other realms to atone for allowing Atreus to lie in order to create Ragnarok. You end the quest by taking their hearts to the Spark of the World where they rest next to each other and Mimir hints they could potentially rejoin to form Ragnarok again.

These 1v1's are ******* fun. The best part of the multiplayer. I love how dude got his head cut off just for the announcer to say "Knockout" lmao.

Also, more use of the Essence of Hyperion at 1:32. His opponent reacts to it, which we can use for extra justification for Kratos speed rating. RW's too

What the **** is the point of adapting a story driven game that may as well be an interactive movie, while telling the same plot? Why not a prequel of how Kratos first got to the Norse lands and eventually meeting Faye?
I mean they prolly plan to do some changes in the story/show how exactly The fights happened (when we don't had any cutscenes)

But yeah a prequel is far better than this

The original quest was Kratos' primordial fire was an improper substitute that causes issues and Surtr dies. Atreus and Kratos go to find Sinmara to replace Surtr and Atreus lies to Sinmara and pretends Odin killed Surtr. Atreus is focused on getting revenge on Odin and Kratos tries to set him on the right path. Sinmara goes to the Spark of the World and merges with Surtr's heart. After Ragnarok, Surtr and Sinmara's hearts split apart. A questline where Kratos finds Surtr and Sinmara's hearts in other realms to atone for allowing Atreus to lie in order to create Ragnarok. You end the quest by taking their hearts to the Spark of the World where they rest next to each other and Mimir hints they could potentially rejoin to form Ragnarok again.
That's honestly pretty cool.

I mean they prolly plan to do some changes in the story/show how exactly The fights happened (when we don't had any cutscenes)

But yeah a prequel is far better than this
Honestly it could even be a sequel to Ragnarok. If this is the last game in the Norse world, why not flesh it out some more with Alternative media?

Oh forget to ask
I recall seeing Something ago that bifrost has Deconstruction
Out of curiosity what that via?

I heard there will be a live action god of war tv series, what are your thoughts on it guys?
A pretty high chance of being mediocre but I'll try to be optimistic.

The fact that it might just be the Norse saga is pretty disappointing. I'd much rather have more of pre-Ares Kratos. Or just a story of one of his adventures while serving the Olympians.

Did Hercules have more brute strength than GOW 3 Zeus?
No. Zeus was ultimately a full cut above the rest. Kratos had to go through a battle of attrition against Hercules, but eventually he triumphed, but that same beatdown against Zeus did nothing, if anything, Zeus immediately after was fully well and ready once again for a second rematch right before Gaia interrupted them.

No. Zeus was ultimately a full cut above the rest. Kratos had to go through a battle of attrition against Hercules, but eventually he triumphed, but that same beatdown against Zeus did nothing, if anything, Zeus immediately after was fully well and ready once again for a second rematch right before Gaia interrupted them.
So that would put Kratos = Zeus > Hercules in terms of physical strength?

So that would put Kratos = Zeus > Hercules in terms of physical strength?
Yes. Zeus was straight up stalemating Kratos when it came to pure physical strength, and Kratos only won because he was that much more skilled with his weapon skills, and even then it took all of his might to pull off.

Yes. Zeus was straight up stalemating Kratos when it came to pure physical strength, and Kratos only won because he was that much more skilled with his weapon skills, and even then it took all of his might to pull off.
How far below them is Thor in physical strength? Can he compete?

How far below them is Thor in physical strength? Can he compete?
No, Thor can't compete. Thor got soundly defeated by Ragnarok Kratos who, while being far more serious than he ever was before in all of Norse, still wasn't going all out in a bid to save Thor, whereas in GOW3, Kratos ruthlessly beat down Poseidon, then after a visit to the Styx he beat down Hades, who as per the GOW3 Guidebook is considerably stronger than he normally would be on the Surface to the point where he is acknowledged to be the "Zeus of the Underworld", and Hades himself in the Mortal World is no slouch if him bringing down Titans by the second in GOW3's opening is anything to go by, nevermind the fact that he was being amped by the millions of souls having just died due to Poseidon's massive world flood, and Kratos beat him down fair and square to the point where Hades straight up loses the will to fight.

Kratos absorbs his soul and everything he has to offer (Which not only includes his entire power set but also includes Atlas's soul and the millions of others that just died and have been rotting in the Underworld even before that), then has to put visible effort to beat down Hercules (Who BTW, can also harm Hades with just an arrow all the way from the Mortal World to the Underworld as per the Guidebook because he's also just that strong), and then gets straight up stalemated by Zeus despite the massive power-ups.

Someone seems to have added the Kratos vs Thor fight to Thor's profile.

Well, if we are making new additions that quickly, we might as well add the footnote about Kratos's statement and remove all the decrepit "Odin and Thor combo vs Surtr" statements altogether.

Oh btw may i see that databook scan?
Here you go.

Currently it's a Discord link but we'll add it to Hades' profile directly to the wiki later.

In the Underworld, Hades' power is absolute, even being acknowledged as the Zeus of the Underworld. He becomes so powerful there that no other Olympian besides Zeus has ever tried to even enter the realm there or even do a little bit of trolling with him. Hermes is allowed because he's the one that ferries the souls of the Dead to Charon down in the Styx.

GOW3_Ultimate_Guide_Hades.png

Here you go.

Currently it's a Discord link but we'll add it to Hades' profile directly to the wiki later.

In the Underworld, Hades' power is absolute, even being acknowledged as the Zeus of the Underworld. He becomes so powerful there that no other Olympian besides Zeus has ever tried to even enter the realm there or even do a little bit of trolling with him. Hermes is allowed because he's the one that ferries the souls of the Dead to Charon down in the Styx.

Oh shit I think I used to own this exact guidebook (Before my dog ripped it to shreds lmao). I see this page mentions Tantalos, but iirc the next page also describes all the other tortures Hades places on wicked souls right? Like Sisyphus pushing up the boulder and all that stuff.

A pretty high chance of being mediocre but I'll try to be optimistic.

The fact that it might just be the Norse saga is pretty disappointing. I'd much rather have more of pre-Ares Kratos. Or just a story of one of his adventures while serving the Olympians.
Literally this. I would perfer an animated show set somewhere in The Greek Saga. I can just imagine how awesome the art style would be if they followed the Greek Heavy Metal asthetic.

Here you go.

Wow, that is a pretty juicy guide book. It also implies Elysian Fields are a seperate realm.

It's the GOW3 Ultimate Guidebook, it contains a lot of juicy official artwork too.
I would assume so. Also if the Elysian Fields is it's own realm it makes the World Pillar busting feat even more impressive. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being more impressive than all the feats related to the 9 Realms in Norse Mythology via all the unexplored lore the The Greek Saga has.

I would assume so. Also if the Elysian Fields is it's own realm it makes the World Pillar busting feat even more impressive. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being more impressive than all the feats related to the 9 Realms in Norse Mythology via all the unexplored lore the The Greek Saga has.
We already got confirmation of an alternate Mortal World existing where Kratos dies against Ares, and Bruno subtlely referring to killing Kratos' Spartan Army in every timeline, so there's that too.

Back