• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Depends which type of low godly
If it's complete physical destruction Regeneration,that wouldn't help when your soul get absorbed

Well leviathian axe can freeze things hotter than the surface of the sun so maybe You can get somewhere With that for poseidon but unsure

Well leviathian axe can freeze things hotter than the surface of the sun so maybe You can get somewhere With that for poseidon but unsure
Helheim is colder, Surtr's fires don't burn there, but Blades of Chaos can easily light massive blazes in Helheim, and even that is fodder compared to actual top-tier Greek weaponry. Blades of Athena are way superior.

Hm Vanaheim crater does say Thor is the most powerful of all gods , likely in norse , could be a good explaination for his scaling in his profile.

Anyways since ragnarok thor is blatantly stronger than baldur and defeated the serpant kinda easily y'all Think thor got stronger after the stalamant With the serpant or what

Anyways since ragnarok thor is blatantly stronger than baldur and defeated the serpant kinda easily y'all Think thor got stronger after the stalamant With the serpant or what
Why would Thor get suddenly stronger? He has no evidence or feats for Accelerated Development.

Why would Thor get suddenly stronger? He has no evidence or feats for Accelerated Development.
I mean that one of the explanation of why he stalamanted serpant in the past
Yet in Ragnarok he beat serpant with a few hits and stuff like it (unless there is another one)

Wouldn't be accelerated development. That shit happened over a century ago, IIRC.

Edit: Probably. Kratos has been in Midgard for 115 years, and doesn't know who the World Serpent is (despite them shaking the realms). Mimir, who was imprisoned for 109 years, also knew our boi from before God of War 2018, despite being nowhere near the Lake of Nine.

Also, considering that Thor matched Jormie very soon after it was BFR'd, and did no real damage during either battle, I doubt he got that much stronger.

Maybe snake boi got weaker. After all, size has no bearing on a giant's strength when they shapeshift.

Last edited:
I mean that one of the explanation of why he stalamanted serpant in the past
Yet in Ragnarok he beat serpant with a few hits and stuff like it (unless there is another one)
That's the other Jormie from the future. Present Thor never fought him. Seems like he did. So that's like, twice Thor's failed to kill Jormungandr.

To be fair, the stalemate happened even before Jormugandr even grew to full size. It's likely that Thor just got stronger via age and training in that time, with no need for AD.
I'm talking about the head-bonk moment where Thor sends Jormie back in time. Why would he grow stronger after that?

I'm talking about the head-bonk moment where Thor sends Jormie back in time. Why would he grow stronger after that?
Oh i prolly worded it wrong
Meant If thor got stronger after the fight With serpant freya mentioned in gow 4 not the Ragnarok fight

Surtrs flames should easily surpass any of the hottest stars in universe. Since it's his heat that made them.

Easily multi million degree of celsius
My question still stand: Can Poseidon ice reached the absolute zero power? All of this and the thing about Leviathan Axe Ice <<<< Poseidon Ice still hasn't answered my question

My question still stand: Can Poseidon ice reached the absolute zero power? All of this and the thing about Leviathan Axe Ice <<<< Poseidon Ice still hasn't answered my question
AFAIK, no.

Though without any official confirmation we can't call Leviathan Axe as Absolute Zero either, we have incredibly strict standards about flash-freezing and stuff.

Absolute zero isn't that impressive.

Boreas' ice could flash freeze kratos which would already make it at least hundreds of times below absolute zero.

The leviathan axe was called to be similar I believe.
Flash-freezing by default does not guarantee absolute zero so uh...

"Hundreds of times below absolute zero, the absolute coldest possible temperature, for doing something far above absolute zero"

Also an ice that suprassed (surpassed here mean extremely below) absolute zero in general are pretty whack so i'm not buying it unless it has an actual statement

Okay, beside Hades vs Storius, Poseidon vs Blades are good to go, but maybe just in case i'll make it 2v1 with the addition of Espada to aiding Blades

Well that leave to my Zeus vs Pre-Wonder Guardian Xross Saber to be evalueated

The closest thing to an official confirmation was when the Nerdist calc'd the leviathan axe to be thousands of times below Absolute Zero a few years back on YouTube (which ended up being a lowball since he based it off of being able to freeze a human in seconds when it can freeze draugr that literally have magma for blood) and Sony Santa Monica acknowledged the video iirc.

If the site has specific standards for absolute zero that's another thing, but just based on visuals it's hard not to find ice power having verses that wouldn't qualify for AZ.

It's really not that impressive in real life vs what casual cryomancers can do in most fictional settings.

Back