• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I can see Heimdall taking this with his Mind-Reading or Realm Shift, given Hercules has no real answer for those.

Hercules gauntlet huh? I think he'd stop here at Heimdall for KLOL's reasons.

Heimdall is also going to get a lot of new abilities from the bifrost soon. A couple of them I don't think Herc resists.

Put me down for Heimdall.

Isn't Heimdall second only to Odin and Freya in the Norse pantheon? Or is Thor also above him? It seems his precognitive dodging might be too much here.

Heimdall is nothing too impressive strengthwise. Thor scares the shit out of him.
Really? He mocked Thor and said he wasn't scared of him while bullying his daughter. I guess he was banking on Odin to protect him. Pretty pathetic man, if so. But then who proves their strength by bullying a kid to start with? A pathetic person, that's who. So yeah, I could buy that he was weak.

If so, shouldn't Heracles have greater strength and power?

Really? He mocked Thor and said he wasn't scared of him while bullying his daughter. I guess he was banking on Odin to protect him. Pretty pathetic man, if so. But then who proves their strength by bullying a kid to start with? A pathetic person, that's who. So yeah, I could buy that he was weak.

If so, shouldn't Heracles have greater strength and power?
Hercules definitively has greater strength and power, Kratos folded Heimdall with Draupnir and his own AD, RE and resistance to Telepathy while still holding back, almost causing Kratos to lose himself to madness as he choked out Heimdall.

The Kratos that fought Hercules was far too gone even beyond that and literally smashed his head in with sheer rage in his face.

Of course, that strength effectively means nothing if Hercules has every single one of his moves read in advance and can't account for the mind reading. It's not like his shockwaves are omnidirectional.

Of course, that strength effectively means nothing if Hercules has every single one of his moves read in advance and can't account for the mind reading. It's not like his shockwaves are omnidirectional.
Can Heimdall damage Hercules though? If he manages to grab him he can crush him, can't he?

Yeah, so Hercules suffers from only existing as a muscle-bound sub-boss whose whole story literally starts and ends in the same scene. Poor guy, first the labours and now getting beaten up by a pathetic child-beater, that's so humiliating for him...
Now I feel bad for Hercules, he shoulda been given more time to shine, maybe turn into a actual threat.

Has Hercule anything against The mind reading ability combinated With time slow (ik it is time space manip more exactly before anyone says Something)

Well gg
Dk what are the current requirements regarding stomps but If it isn't heimdall fra
Well it’s possible that Hercules could clip Heimdall, and if he gets hit even once, he begins to lose his composure which makes his ability to read his opponent less accurate. This was shown in his battle with Kratos when his Draupnir Spear's unique nature made it harder for Heimdall to anticipate the attacks and let Kratos land a punch, which caused Heimdall to get angry over actually having been hit and let Kratos land more punches. However, that’s unlikely to happen here since Hercules doesn’t have an unpredictable weapon like Kratos did.

Last edited:
Heimdall is definitely misinterpreted massively. He's not a coward, nor does he bank on other people. Hell, what caused him to lose his shit against kratos was the fact kratos wasn't going to give him a warriors death that all aesir strive for and was going to spare him. He is a battle fanatic while at the same time a pretentious bastard who loves to showcase how much better he is than you. That being said, the moment his act is up he immediately begins to get serious and adapt accordingly.

hercules doesn't really have a way beyond his powers tho, so heimdall should definitely win with that and his durability negation.

Heimdall is definitely misinterpreted massively. He's not a coward, nor does he bank on other people. Hell, what caused him to lose his shit against kratos was the fact kratos wasn't going to give him a warriors death that all aesir strive for and was going to spare him. He is a battle fanatic while at the same time a pretentious bastard who loves to showcase how much better he is than you. That being said, the moment his act is up he immediately begins to get serious and adapt accordingly.
Agreed. Anyone thinking otherwise is just lying to themselves.

Agreed. Anyone thinking otherwise is just lying to themselves.
Speaking as someone who wasn't interested enough to actually buy the game and only knows Heimdall from a few YouTube videos, and who thinks his bullying of two kids is actually a sign of someone with a need to prove their strength, I'd say I'm not lying to anyone.

Speaking as someone who wasn't interested enough to actually buy the game and only knows Heimdall from a few YouTube videos, and who thinks his bullying of two kids is actually a sign of someone with a need to prove their strength, I'd say I'm not lying to anyone.
It's just a side-effect of Heimdall's pretentious attitude and his habit of wanting to prove himself better than literally anyone in combat. He revels in his superiority complex partly because of his Aesir nature.

Yeah
Character wise heimdall definitelly misunderstooded
(Strength wise like i seen someone say Atreus Would have won if heimdall didn't had precog 🗿)

It's just a side-effect of Heimdall's pretentious attitude and his habit of wanting to prove himself better than literally anyone in combat. He revels in his superiority complex partly because of his Aesir nature.
I'll try not to harp on this too much since most people take issue when I talk about this, but if you meet a person like that, you've met a person with a weak character, not a strong one.

I'll drop it though, this discussion definitely isn't popular here.

Heimdall's cocky and pretentious with everyone, not just those that are weaker than him, to be fair. He was willing to go up against Kratos despite the latter's well earned reputation, would've gone after Freya, who was once Odin's deadliest enemy and the Valkyrie Queen and even after getting his shit wrecked despite his precognition, he was still willing to fight Kratos, not begging for his life up to the very end.

He's a bastard but he's no coward, I'll give him that.

Heimdall's cocky and pretentious with everyone, not just those that are weaker than him, to be fair. He was willing to go up against Kratos despite the latter's well earned reputation, would've gone after Freya, who was once Odin's deadliest enemy and the Valkyrie Queen and even after getting his shit wrecked despite his precognition, he was still willing to fight Kratos, not begging for his life up to the very end.

He's a bastard but he's no coward, I'll give him that.
Weak character and coward aren't necessarily one and the same. I've known people who definitely had weak character but were far from cowards. I've seen such a person spring right back up and attack after being punched in the face hard enough to knock him on his back. Keeping in mind of course that Heimdall is overconfident due to his precog. He thinks he's better than he is.

Besides, I'd be surprised if the devs knew anything about strong traits. Considering what sort of behaviour the entertainment industry presents as strong behaviour. Admittedly Norse Kratos does have some strong characteristics, so maybe they have a better idea than most.

Back