• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I never played GOW Norse version (did watch it) (I did play a little of GOW 3 while on a cruise though)

but if I do get it, is it worth the money (I’d have to buy a new console though since I only have the switch)

Also synthetic man review you said. I want to know more but I did see a little bit of it (involved wokeness)

why do people have to always insert politics and other things like wokeness stuff when reviewing a game. (Video games are a window of escape from those kinds of things yet we keep on bringing them up in reviews)

I never played GOW Norse version (did watch it) (I did play a little of GOW 3 while on a cruise though)

but if I do get it, is it worth the money (I’d have to buy a new console though since I only have the switch)

Also synthetic man review you said. I want to know more but I did see a little bit of it (involved wokeness)

why do people have to always insert politics and other things like wokeness stuff when reviewing a game. (Video games are a window of escape from those kinds of things yet we keep on bringing them up in reviews)

oops my bad you already told me klol but still why do we do this politics and other stuff in video games. Can’t we all just enjoy a good game instead of whining about stuff like that in reviews

oops my bad you already told me klol but still why do we do this politics and other stuff in video games. Can’t we all just enjoy a good game instead of whining about stuff like that in reviews
Eh, for him and other such reviewers, it's easy money made off of dudebros whose whole personality is complaining about such things. And bigots. And both.

GOW2018 so far is the only game on PC, though given the massive success it has been and given Jetpack's involvement in Ragnarok I do not doubt at all that Ragnarok will get a PC release as well. But yes, they are definitely worth every penny you spend on them if you are willing to invest.

That would just leave out the Greek games without a proper, dedicated PC port, stuck on the laurels of PC emulation, since the only other way to play them legally is via PS Now, which really isn't available in a lot of countries. RPCS3 is the smoothest for the old games (PS2 and PSP got PS3 remasters), but Ascension and GOW3 are the worst. GOW3 however, is available on PS4, so go loud I suppose.

Mostly involving Freya being a Mary Sue which makes no sense, she herself is hopelessly outmatched and outgunned without Kratos's help despite possessing powerful Vanir magic on her own (GEE, I WONDER WHICH MALICIOUS OF AN ASSHOLE OF AN EX-HUSBAND COULD'VE PULLED IT OFF), and even if she was top dog it would still not be enough to put Odin in remotely anywhere near of a deadlock without Kratos leading the charge through first.

To me, it's honestly not even about politics anymore, but greedy corpo bastards trying to capitalize on literally every hot new thing that comes out, and gender politics just happen to be one of them. They don't care about our struggles regardless of who we are, what color or gender we are or what we believe in, they only exist to cash in on those struggles for their own monetary benefits and to oppress their own employees and evade taxes and buy Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, land yachts, you name it. Corpos ain't your friends.

GOW2018 so far is the only game on PC, though given the massive success it has been and given Jetpack's involvement in Ragnarok I do not doubt at all that Ragnarok will get a PC release as well. But yes, they are definitely worth every penny you spend on them if you are willing to invest.

That would just leave out the Greek games without a proper, dedicated PC port, stuck on the laurels of PC emulation, since the only other way to play them legally is via PS Now, which really isn't available in a lot of countries. RPCS3 is the smoothest for the old games (PS2 and PSP got PS3 remasters), but Ascension and GOW3 are the worst. GOW3 however, is available on PS4, so go loud I suppose.

Mostly involving Freya being a Mary Sue which makes no sense, she herself is hopelessly outmatched and outgunned without Kratos's help despite possessing powerful Vanir magic on her own (GEE, I WONDER WHICH MALICIOUS OF AN ASSHOLE OF AN EX-HUSBAND COULD'VE PULLED IT OFF), and even if she was top dog it would still not be enough to put Odin in remotely anywhere near of a deadlock without Kratos leading the charge through first.

To me, it's honestly not even about politics anymore, but greedy corpo bastards trying to capitalize on literally every hot new thing that comes out, and gender politics just happen to be one of them. They don't care about our struggles regardless of who we are, what color or gender we are or what we believe in, they only exist to cash in on those struggles for their own monetary benefits and to oppress their own employees and evade taxes and buy Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, land yachts, you name it. Corpos ain't your friends.
Especially Twitter KLOL, if you make them angry you probably did the right the thing.

people these days are

game has no diversity: “This game sucks since no diversity etc etc”

game adds diversity: “this is forced, why not add more diversity, why is he/she not (insert tone of skin color) enough, etc”

Seriously no matter what you do, they hate you for being diverse and they will hate you for not being diverse. There’s no in-between or neither.

I think the more we’re like this, the closer humanity is doomed.

In case anyone ever had issues of Kratos being obscenely tall in Greek due to Norse Kratos being 6ft 4in and never having a canonical explanation of why he shrunk, well, this won't exactly answer why that is, but hey, at least it keeps tall Greek Kratos being a thing
Probably just for the camera angle. I always assumed he is still the same height lore wise.

I mean we can Prolly try to calc greek kratos height in comparasion to atreus (when we seen the flashback in the smoke in helheim) to see if greek > norse it's consistent even With norse models

I mean we can Prolly try to calc greek kratos height in comparasion to atreus (when we seen the flashback in the smoke in helheim) to see if greek > norse it's consistent even With norse models
That would make no sense at all given that the whole Helheim thing being similar to Kratos's height was just a thing to adjust newcomers to Kratos, not to mention that the Helheim apparition is wholly inaccurate because it doesn't even have the Blades of Exile within them.

Hercules is just damning evidence that Kratos being the same height throughout all the games just doesn't fit no matter where you look.

That would make no sense at all given that the whole Helheim thing being similar to Kratos's height was just a thing to adjust newcomers to Kratos, not to mention that the Helheim apparition is wholly inaccurate because it doesn't even have the Blades of Exile within them.

Hercules is just damning evidence that Kratos being the same height throughout all the games just doesn't fit no matter where you look.
Fair enough

B8-B0-BE58-E111-4-C40-BEA4-FEB042719-AEC.jpg

I would have liked to see fat Chris hemsworth vs kratos.

Yeah but Kratos being 8 feet tall would force them to pull the camera back a lot
Ya missed the point.

My point is: Kratos is only that tall in the Greek Games, not in the Norse games. Hercules being 12ft tall effectively proves that Kratos never had one single unified height throughout all the games- He was legitimately taller in his younger days.

Of course, it doesn't answer how Kratos reduced in height that much in Norse, but hey, I guess that's one of life's great mysteries.

The next cleanest fight would be Hades, who only tried to sneak up on Kratos once but then focused solely on an actually well-evenly placed fight.

Hades and Persephone are the only Gods that Kratos has directly killed in combat, as almost all other gods are either left helpless/in a compromised position (Cronos, Hercules, Hephaestus) or too weak to fend for themselves (Zeus, Heimdall) and made a last ditch effort to escape to safety (Poseidon, Hermes, Hera).
The underworld rulers are build different lel

Still can't rule it out. There's still talk on if the Tree is Tier 1 or not. The art book for Ragnarok is coming out in 2 weeks, and we could get something from it (don't expect it, but who knows)

Bruh isn't this the same DM that the man was asked about previously? Can't believe such shamelessness exists.
Yeah this was the same one from earlier in the thread. I just brought it back here. Why would he ask Bruno about this lmfao. Is there anyway of finding it's validity?
Nah, in GOW2 after Athena dies, you can see that amber in Kratos's eyes. Even the GOW3 cover art of Kratos's eyes shows as much
Huh. Always looked kinda silver to me.

Back