• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I honestly have a good feeling about this one. Would be sick if both games could win GotY.

Then again, might be Genshin Impact for all we know.

Though I am baffled about a few things.

How did Ragnarok win Best Actor for Chris Judge, Best Soundtrack and Best Audio design, I wonder?

Ryan Hurst and Richard Schiff didn't even get nominations on this, or Danielle Bisutti. Soundtrack was a bit... same-y as 2018, and Audio design should've been an easy win for MW22.

Congrats to Elden Ring!

AKA, the killer of Horizon Forbidden West!
The fact they released Horizon a week before Elden Ring was basically suicide tbh.
Though I am baffled about a few things.

How did Ragnarok win Best Actor for Chris Judge, Best Soundtrack and Best Audio design, I wonder?
Not sure about the Audio and Soundtrack, but **** I love Chris Judge way more compared to everyone else. His voice as Kratos is probably one of the most memorable voice actors for me, and quite a lot of other people as well. So, I definitely see why he won.

Chris's performance was the best in my opinion. But yeah MW2 should have cleared in Audio.
Ryan Hurst and Richard Schiff didn't even get nominations on this, or Danielle Bisutti. Soundtrack was a bit... same-y as 2018, and Audio design should've been an easy win for MW22
Ryan and Danielle were great. Danielle especially deserved a nomination, too. Richard was, meh imo.
Didn't have as many emotional moments as Thor and Freya.

Music was definitely better than 2018, honestly. Which was honestly kinda generic imo. Though I think Elden Ring should have taken that award.

A PC port of the original games would be cool for people who've never played the originals. Could also massively buff sales
A PC/PS5 combo port for the old games is long overdue. GOW1 may need a remake with gameplay overhauls to make those tedious platforming sections easier, but GOW2 I'd reckon could just do with some camera angle fixes where the camera doesn't suddenly cut off but zooms out instead like in GOW3, since, well, GOW3 was built on a heavily modified version of GOW2's engine.

GOW3 I'd reckon could do with some heavily-updated textures, some reworks of the GOW3 Kratos model to fix the wacky toes and fingers and maybe give all the characters more realistic flesh tones and facials, but overall I'd argue it needs no other changes.

Last edited:
A PC/PS5 combo port for the old games is long overdue. GOW1 may need a remake with gameplay overhauls to make those tedious platforming sections easier,
Yeah GOW1 was the hardest one in the whole series. That ******* underworld section...

I do like the puzzles tho, as 2018 and Ragnarok's were terrible and I don't like that hold your hand approach.
but GOW2 I'd reckong could just do with some camera angle fixes where the camera doesn't suddenly cut off but zooms out instead like in GOW3, since, well, GOW3 was built on a heavily modified version of GOW2's engine.
Yeah exactly. I last played GOW 2 maybe 4 or 5 years back, and I truly hated those random camera cut offs.

GOW3 I'd reckon could do with some heavily-updated textures, some reworks of the GOW3 Kratos model to fix the wacky toes and fingers and maybe give all the characters more realistic flesh tones and facials, but overall I'd argue it needs no other changes
Agreed. That's really all it needs. It holds up graphically.

Back