• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Amun and Ra merge and is the final boss.

But they're so powerful, Kratos needs the blade of Olympus to win. That would be sick
or power of hope. We know in GoW Comics Thoth exist as a higher existence being like Athena. And Thoth is fooder compared to Ogdoad gods like Nu which has NEP 2. And Amun is strongest being compared to ogdoad gods

or power of hope. We know in GoW Comics Thoth exist as a higher existence being like Athena. And Thoth is fooder compared to Ogdoad gods like Nu which has NEP 2. And Amun is strongest being compared to ogdoad gods
Fallen God isn't exactly clear with the nature of its events from what I recall. And using scaling from actual mythology isn't quite a good idea when God of War is notable for being willing to ignore the original power levels when making a story (Hercules comes to mind).

Lmao, was looking at the "fixes" to the character designs when they were released. Racist Angrbodr ones aside, some of the Thor ones looked pretty silly.

c6999b7cbc0b662752ddfa455db3b527.jpg

Lmao, was looking at the "fixes" to the character designs when they were released. Racist Angrbodr ones aside, some of the Thor ones looked pretty silly.

c6999b7cbc0b662752ddfa455db3b527.jpg
Dude decide to make himself thor as he thinks the "fattie" diesn't deserve such, prestigious role.

honestly i feel like Angrbodr case isn't skin problems. It's more like limitation of 3D graphics representation of human facial combined with Limitation of 3D shaders and light rendering stuff.

take a look stylized Angrbodr. She looks beautiful

I saw little problems with Angrbodr's 3-D render in the game though. A few uncanny moments here and there but overall solid.

Honestly, considering how much sun people in Jotunheim probably get, Angrboda having darker skin kinda makes sense.

I still ship Atreus w/ Thrud tho.

The funniest thing about the people who complain about Angrboda is that they say it's purely because they care about accuracy to the norse myths, which besides the fact that the myths never give any kind of solid depiction for what any of the gods and giants looked like beyond stuff like Thor having red hair and a beard, the main character of the game is the son of a god from a completely different mythology and yet they never care to complain about Kratos and his existence not being accurate to the myths.

Btw, if Faye ever gets a page, she should scale to Thor, since they fought each other as described here:

Yeah Faye pretty solidly scales to Thor, I think she'd still be a little weaker since it was said Thor was drunk when they fought and was being sloppy as a result but ultimately it wouldn't make her weaker to any noticeable degree.

The funniest thing about the people who complain about Angrboda is that they say it's purely because they care about accuracy to the norse myths, which besides the fact that the myths never give any kind of solid depiction for what any of the gods and giants looked like beyond stuff like Thor having red hair and a beard, the main character of the game is the son of a god from a completely different mythology and yet they never care to complain about Kratos and his existence not being accurate to the myths.
The creator of the game openly called out these idiots by saying: "There were no blue dwarves in the mythology either, deal with it".
Yeah Faye pretty solidly scales to Thor, I think she'd still be a little weaker since it was said Thor was drunk when they fought and was being sloppy as a result but ultimately it wouldn't make her weaker to any noticeable degree.
Thor's drunk for like 30% of his screentime.

"BROS WHY IS THERE A BLACK CHILD IN MY MOSTLY WHITE GAME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Screaming his lungs out of horror from it
Oh, having a black kid is a problem but having a black dude voice a mostly-white Mediterranean Greek doesn't rattle your bells? The hypocrisy with the hate is unreal.

Like bro, STFU and let people voice whoever they want regardless of color. Your skin color shouldn't stop you from voicing people of different colors than you. Jesus.

Accuracy only matters to these people when it fits their racist views.

Because I'm pretty sure none of these people have ever complained about a certain middle eastern religious figure being constantly portrayed as a bit too white for someone who lived in that region.

Oh, having a black kid is a problem but having a black dude voice a mostly-white Mediterranean Greek doesn't rattle your bells? The hypocrisy with the hate is unreal.

Like bro, STFU and let people voice whoever they want regardless of color. Your skin color shouldn't stop you from voicing people of different colors than you. Jesus.
Essentially we must respect any creators/developers works regardless any skin, color, etc

but hey it's fine if you don't like it, but just don't be a dick about it

This guy basically curbstomped all the race horseshit.
Angrbodr doesn't even have a "canon" mythological appearance as far as I can find it. This is just dudebros online that feel their Norse power fantasy is "spoilt" or whatever.
Even if they said she was black in the canonised Norse mythology, I'm sure some of these people would still complain that she's in the game to begin with.

Last edited:
1. Does Atreus's Wolf Form scale to flat-out 2-C like his bear form?

2. Could Odin beat Ares? Could he beat Zeus?

Back