• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

this fake? found it on temple of helios wiki entry
TempleofHeliosDarkness2.png
That's not a real Temple of Helios scan. It's fake as ****, the grammatical error in the first part is a dead giveaway.

The only real ones are the ones where it has a book-page like appearance.

BTW, fun fact, the GOW3 Guide has some background history of the characters that are finally now considered part of the main game story.

Like Zeus immediately fighting against the Cyclopes in the Gigantomachy and whupping Typhon after that war, Herc having immortality and poison resistance and his seeming reconciliation with Hera which in turn pretty much made him a full-fledged God or so, Athena actually busting out of Zeus's head but unlike in the myths as per the GOW1 Prima Guide, the GOW3 guide confirms that Zeus was the one who bust his own head open, Hephaestus didn't assist.
huh that's solid regen for Zeus. Someone needs to send me that PDF lol

Do we use this scan even? I see it multiple times but never as a justification as far as I'm aware. Is it treated as metaphor or flowery language perhaps?
Maybe if it didn't have Helios's feat, but I personally think this to be legit, albeit not applicable for combat purposes since, well, Astral Projection.

Not that it matters because it'd serve nothing more than support for Infinite Speed Helios and Hermes (And Titan mooks in general since Hermes fought in the Great War). Though I wonder now, what kind of speed will the Sisters get for multitasking the threads now that we know that the Threads span all of life and time?

Also, maybe the older the pantheon, the more powerful it is? Being that they're closer to the basic archetypes upon which divine beings are based off of. May explain the somehat greater power of the Greek pantheon than the Norse one.
Seems like it, the Greek Mythology was shown in the games to be inconcievably grander than life, Norse seems to be considerably more humanized if anything else.

Maybe if it didn't have Helios's feat, but I personally think this to be legit, albeit not applicable for combat purposes since, well, Astral Projection.
It's good for support if nothing else. I've seen some complaints about Helios' feat being the only one used, no matter how legitimate.
Not that it matters because it'd serve nothing more than support for Infinite Speed Helios and Hermes (And Titan mooks in general since Hermes fought in the Great War). Though I wonder now, what kind of speed will the Sisters get for multitasking the threads now that we know that the Threads span all of life and time?
Not sure. Likely very high but Immeasurable has rather strict standards (then again, Dragon Ball Heroes got it so who knows?).
Seems like it, the Greek Mythology was shown in the games to be inconcievably grander than life, Norse seems to be considerably more humanized if anything else.
Hopefully we see something even more grand in the oldest pantheons, like the Egyptians, Vedic or Chinese/Japanese deities.

Today I noticed this scan in the God Of War 2 book, lol

It's good for support if nothing else. I've seen some complaints about Helios' feat being the only one used, no matter how legitimate.
Agreed. It's always bothered me that Helios' feat is the only Infinite speed feat being used for the scaling of this verse. It's nice to know that there's another

Nah, we got the Light of Dawn being used against Persephone, who barely reacts to it.

Not sure. Likely very high but Immeasurable has rather strict standards (then again, Dragon Ball Heroes got it so who knows?).
Hmmmmmm.

Hopefully we see something even more grand in the oldest pantheons, like the Egyptians, Vedic or Chinese/Japanese deities.
Hopefully so.

Nah, we got the Light of Dawn being used against Persephone.
I more meant that all of it scales to a single feat. Which isn't bad in and of itself but it makes for a lot of skepticism. Adding Atropos' feat to the mix as well as the general management of the threads would be a good support feat.

Actually, come to think of it, wasn't there a confirmation that Hades would've ruled forever had the events of the series not happened (I remember something like that being mentioned in one of the blog sections for infinite Underworld), on top of how the God of War 1 novel talks about how Kratos would've ruled over all conflict across eternity. So the Sisters would be managing threads that span throughout all of that endless time on their own.

I more meant that all of it scales to a single feat. Which isn't bad in and of itself but it makes for a lot of skepticism. Adding Atropos' feat to the mix as well as the general management of the threads would be a good support feat.
Ye.

Actually, come to think of it, wasn't there a confirmation that Hades would've ruled forever had the events of the series not happened (I remember something like that being mentioned in one of the blog sections for infinite Underworld)
Correct. Cory Barlog himself gave the confirmation.

on top of how the God of War 1 novel talks about how Kratos would've ruled over all conflict across eternity. So the Sisters would be managing threads that span throughout all of that endless time on their own.
Pretty much, shame that Kratos instead turned out to be a worse monster than Ares and screwed that up royally.

So, that's another Infinite feat i think. Managing and spinning the threads of fate, which span across all life and time, the latter of which is goes on for eternity.

So, that's another Infinite feat i think. Managing and spinning the threads of fate, which span across all life and time, the latter of which is goes on for eternity.
Originally was calced at Trillions MFTL if I remember correctly. Why is this not immeasurable?

Originally was calced at Trillions MFTL if I remember correctly. Why is this not immeasurable?
The original calculation was for the number of threads rather than just the length of the threads in question. Granted, we know that even locations like mountains, rivers and the like have their own threads and that the Sisters of Fate can affect even those of the Underworld, considering that Hades and even Kratos' time spent dead while going after Ares was under their purview, so one could make the argument of infinite threads considering the endless nature of the Underworld, the fact that the reign of Olympus would've gone on forever etc. But I'm no calculation member so I'm unsure how well that would go.

But good point. But again, refer to one of my posts above. Immeasurable feats can get very finnicky with their requirements.

Immeasurable requires you to be able to travel so fast that you effectively surpass the existential level of time itself and go beyond its control completely. I don't see that happening here.

Immeasurable requires you to be able to travel so fast that you effectively surpass the existential level of time itself and go beyond its control completely. I don't see that happening here.
The main aspect is moving through time via sheer speed in a manner that's faster than instantaneous movement. Funnily enough, we already have a leg up in that regard seeing as all we'd need to do would be to prove that the control and managment of fate across time is faster than Helios' feat. Of course, it'd still take a lot for Immeasurable to hold.

Again, I know this. But if they manage and cut threads that exist throughout time, is that not what they're doing?

opefully we see something even more grand in the oldest pantheons, like the Egyptians, Vedic or Chinese/Japanese deities
I don't think Japanese would be in the grand scheme, nor it will be humanized, instead i think it will be much so fantasical due of it's mysteriousness and the natures of the monsters/yokais that lived there, and as i said back then, majority of the deities there aren't thats such of menace
If they want to make it have a grand scheme they need to dwelve into the obscurity of japanese folkores and make a connection to the buddhism/hinduism like what Fate did, but it will take so much time and will be hard to do
However the direction change of "killing gods" to "killing a monsters that rivalled the gods" is a good concept which Japanese Pantheon is the perfect place for it

As for Chinese however, can be so much grander and fantasical at the same time due of how bs and broken the deties and monsters are in that pantheon

As for Chinese however, can be so much grander and fantasical at the same time due of how bs and broken the deties and monsters are in that pantheon
Imagine Kratos having to deal with the bureaucracy of Heaven and getting increasingly frustrated. Also, hope we get a powerful and grand Jade Emperor, in a similar manner to God of Highschool or smth.

BRUH LMAO

Massively so, last I remembered, IRL Norse Mythology peaked at 5-C or something on this site before getting booted
Interesting. SMS always buff their myth's inspirations.

Can't wait to see Buff version of Egypt and Japanese myth from SMS

Interesting. SMS always buff their myth's inspirations.

Can't wait to see Buff version of Egypt and Japanese myth from SMS
I think they will buff the monsters instead, and maybe Susano'o if we're going to the Gozu Emperor route, then again depend if they like to make a connection between Shintoism and Buddishm

Imagine Kratos having to deal with the bureaucracy of Heaven and getting increasingly frustrated. Also, hope we get a powerful and grand Jade Emperor, in a similar manner to God of Highschool or smth.
Let's see....Erlang Shen, Nezha, Taisui, yeah i can see that lel
Tho i'm more excited over Kratos vs the ultra ancient chinese monsers like Gonggong and Chiyou

Let's see....Erlang Shen, Nezha, Taisui, yeah i can see that lel
Tho i'm more excited over Kratos vs the ultra ancient chinese monsers like Gonggong and Chiyou
Nezha was the childike deity right? Imagine Kratos just looking at him and going papa Bear cuz he reminds him of Atreus.

Back