• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

How strong are regular Valkyries (so not Sigrun, Freya or Gna)? Are they close to as strong as Baldur was? Mimir does say he cannot think of a more formidable opponent than a Valkyrie when they come across one in 2018. Where does that put them?

Stunned when? Is that in reference to him clashing his gauntlets together that one time? Also I feel like Kratos is always exerting effort in anything he does. He exerts effort even when overpowering gorgons in GOW 3, when executing Minotaurs, when pulling the heads off of Cerberus hounds, tearing off a Chimera's horn, grappling with a Satyr and so on. But we know these creatures are fodders and aren't even remotely close to early versions of Kratos let alone GOW 3 Kratos. In that same way surely it doesn't prove that Hercules scales to Kratos?
It is also said that no mortal can hope to match a god, that was one of the main themes in the first GoW. Hercules is a mortal as revealed in GoW novel.

Yet he has some impressive feats.

As i said, Hercules is an enigma power scaling wise.

The Gods spent centuries growing their power from worship and battles, some like Hades drew power from billions of souls, Ares drew from war. Kratos needed to take the power of the greatest force in the universe to match the Gods.

Hercules? He's physically stronger than Hades and Poseidon because, I dunno, he fought a lion or something.

Poseidon and Hades went from needing to tag team the Titan Atlas to being capable of wiping out the Titans on their own. Zeus could already destroy the Titan race with his power alone. Kratos is a demigod that took back his godhood and had the power of the Sisters of Fate as well as the Titans within him.

Honestly, Hercules just built different.

The Gods spent centuries growing their power from worship and battles, some like Hades drew power from billions of souls, Ares drew from war. Kratos needed to take the power of the greatest force in the universe to match the Gods.

Hercules? He's physically stronger than Hades and Poseidon because, I dunno, he fought a lion or something.
Yeah. Don't forget Deimos. The dude was literally imprisoned and tortured every day of his life since he was a kid. Somehow he is compareable to Kratos after he became a God and could duke it out with Thanatos for a while. No explanation.

Yeah. Don't forget Deimos. The dude was literally imprisoned and tortured every day of his life since he was a kid. Somehow he is compareable to Kratos after he became a God and could duke it out with Thanatos for a while. No explanation.
There was a theory out there that he served the gods like Kratos did.

He might end up getting upgraded in the future past that if we get more evidence for Tier 1 Tree of life.
I doubt it very much, the primordial ones that precede all creation are not 1-C here or something like that, this Wiki each time lowers the characters, soon tier 1 characters will be extinct

I doubt it very much, the primordial ones that precede all creation are not 1-C here or something like that, this Wiki each time lowers the characters, soon tier 1 characters will be extinct
It's very possible that the strands of the world tree in the Norse side of things completely transcends each one below it. We don't have any real evidence currently.

But we got that DM I posted a while back that could help if real. There's also an art book coming out soon that might have info

Doesn't Kratos halt and overpower him more than once in the fight? I wouldn't see how Hercules would scale to Kratos' physical strength and even his legendary reputation wouldn't be enough to elevate him to Kratos' level surely?
This is after Kratos has to struggle with him considerably. Hercules is able to easily stun Kratos with his blows, and once Hercules grabs him, Kratos has to put in considerable effort to break free.

No but I really wish we knew why Deimos was so strong.
The Bonus Video for Ghost of Sparta actually explains why.

Decades of constant abuse and torture at the hands of Thanatos had pretty much driven Deimos over the edge, and by the time Kratos freed him, Deimos was basically only alive due to the sheer amount of rage that had been building up in him just due to the fact that he believed that Kratos had abandoned him.

If anyone could give a run for Kratos's money in terms of getting stronger with rage alone, it'd be Deimos.

The Bonus Video for Ghost of Sparta actually explains why.

Decades of constant abuse and torture at the hands of Thanatos had pretty much driven Deimos over the edge, and by the time Kratos freed him, Deimos was basically only alive due to the sheer amount of rage that had been building up in him just due to the fact that he believed that Kratos had abandoned him.

If anyone could give a run for Kratos's money in terms of getting stronger with rage alone, it'd be Deimos.
That's actually ******* busted.

It'd be cool if Atreus visits the Far East and meet's and learns from Hou Yi, a divine archer in Chinese mythology famous for shooting down 9 of the 10 Suns that once crossed the sky.

Back