• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Kratos, could resist erasure from existence? Because the sisters of fate would erase kratos of the past and present

Quoted in God Of War Ragnarok and the fight against the sisters of fate shows

He would with Unity Stone but tbh he prolly resists thanks to the Fate thing, I do think that'll be added in the upcoming CRT
Hey, I've been waiting for this! I've been playing God Of War for a while and I noticed that kratos actually has existential erasure resistan

When a topic is created could you tag me?

Goddamm I can't stop think of how funny it would be if king dedede can beat God of war series thor ( King DDD is literally a fat penguin with a sturdy, wooden hammer "somewhat" that self-proclaimed to be the ruler of a certain planetary star) Bet thor would be both pissed off and impressed if this "mistake" can actual pose a good fight and challenge to him and would be able to lift Mjolnir. (how heavy is that ******* hammer seriously, it can't be that heavy)

Definitely at least as strong as GOW3 Kratos physically speaking, because at this point Kratos has already killed Poseidon, stole Hades' soul, ripped out Helios's head and cut off Hermes' boots.
Doesn't Kratos halt and overpower him more than once in the fight? I wouldn't see how Hercules would scale to Kratos' physical strength and even his legendary reputation wouldn't be enough to elevate him to Kratos' level surely?

Goddamm I can't stop think of how funny it would be if king dedede can beat God of war series thor ( King DDD is literally a fat penguin with a sturdy, wooden hammer "somewhat" that self-proclaimed to be the ruler of a certain planetary star) Bet thor would be both pissed off and impressed if this "mistake" can actual pose a good fight and challenge to him and would be able to lift Mjolnir. (how heavy is that ******* hammer seriously, it can't be that heavy)
If a fodder like Thrud can lift it it probably isn't that heavy.

Doesn't Kratos halt and overpower him more than once in the fight? I wouldn't see how Hercules would scale to Kratos' physical strength and even his legendary reputation wouldn't be enough to elevate him to Kratos' level surely?
Considering how Kratos needs to exert effort to break his hold and can get stunned by his blows, Hercules most definitely scales to the former in terms of physical power.

Considering how Kratos needs to exert effort to break his hold and can get stunned by his blows, Hercules most definitely scales to the former in terms of physical power.
Stunned when? Is that in reference to him clashing his gauntlets together that one time? Also I feel like Kratos is always exerting effort in anything he does. He exerts effort even when overpowering gorgons in GOW 3, when executing Minotaurs, when pulling the heads off of Cerberus hounds, tearing off a Chimera's horn, grappling with a Satyr and so on. But we know these creatures are fodders and aren't even remotely close to early versions of Kratos let alone GOW 3 Kratos. In that same way surely it doesn't prove that Hercules scales to Kratos?

Stunned when? Is that in reference to him clashing his gauntlets together that one time? Also I feel like Kratos is always exerting effort in anything he does. He exerts effort even when overpowering gorgons in GOW 3, when executing Minotaurs, when pulling the heads off of Cerberus hounds, tearing off a Chimera's horn, grappling with a Satyr and so on. But we know these creatures are fodders and aren't even remotely close to early versions of Kratos let alone GOW 3 Kratos. In that same way surely it doesn't prove that Hercules scales to Kratos?
There's quite a difference between "exertion" that's just so that an animation or loading can take place and a prolonged fight with multiple instances of being grappled and struggling against each other. On top of the fact that he's throwing Kratos across the arena, he already has the implied feat of having held up the world like Atlas and the above guidebook statement of being comparable to Kratos.

The Guide also mentions it's a battle of attrition and "anything that can harm HERCULES is a threat to Kratos as well"
Yeah that's good evidence. Although I'm personally a bit iffy on guides since these same guides claim that 'A fall from such a height would mean death for Kratos' in reference to ledge in front of Typhon or that the fireballs falling in the shaft in Olympus can kill Kratos if he isn't careful or something along those lines and other similar statements that don't make sense.

There's quite a difference between "exertion" that's just so that an animation or loading can take place and a prolonged fight with multiple instances of being grappled and struggling against each other. On top of the fact that he's throwing Kratos across the arena, he already has the implied feat of having held up the world like Atlas and the above guidebook statement of being comparable to Kratos.
Makes sense. Still find it hard to believe that he's an equal given QTEs having Kratos besting Hercules but I suppose he isn't far off.

Makes sense. Still find it hard to believe that he's an equal given QTEs having Kratos besting Hercules but I suppose he isn't far off.
You can best someone in combat despite being comparable in physical prowess i.e. Thor and Norse Kratos. Hercules was cocky and significantly less versatile in combat so Kratos eventually overwhelmed him.

You can best someone in combat despite being comparable in physical prowess i.e. Thor and Norse Kratos. Hercules was cocky and significantly less versatile in combat so Kratos eventually overwhelmed him.
Oh I meant besting him in terms of physical prowess in the QTEs (halting and then reversing Hercules' charge twice). But you're right in that Kratos' win can be attributed to his skill and versatility in combat and also maybe speed.

How different are Ragnarok Kratos and 2018 Kratos in terms of power level? If they're both bloodlusted is Ragnarok Kratos much stronger or just a bit or are they the same?

How different are Ragnarok Kratos and 2018 Kratos in terms of power level? If they're both bloodlusted is Ragnarok Kratos much stronger or just a bit or are they the same?
BoG 2018 Kratos is out of his prime and holds back immensely, likely the weakest he's been since he's risen to the level of a god. Ragnarok Kratos has been training for 3 years to get back to his prime, albeit still holding back. If either went all out, Ragnarok would come on top, though it likely wouldn't be a curbstomp.

This was a creation story of the Greek world added on God of War's official PlayStation website back in 2015, when we were closing in on the release of God of War 3's remaster. It adds a lot of new lore to the games, such as:-

1. Uranus created the universe, Island of Creation and the Pillar of the World.
2. The Furies could control reality on an astronomical scale.
3. The universe consisted of countless worlds and infinite layers of space and time.
4. Cronos, the father of Time and the son of Uranus, defeated his father in a war.
5. The Sisters of Fate viewed the entire world as a fictional game played by threads.
6. Zeus took the Sisters of Fate under his control, something his father couldn't do, after defeating the Titans at the Great War.
7. Mt. Olympus was at the center of the universe.

Doesn't that raise kratos beyond 2-C?

The universe created by Uranus is infinite in size. In the God of War I book, the sky is described as being infinite.

English translation:

Finally, the ocean began to bubble over the distant horizon. The foam raced toward the shore where Athena was standing, and an instant later, a vast jet of water roared to meet the sea in the endless sky. Balanced in the middle of the mountainous column of water was Poseidon, muscular arms crossed over his thick chest. His crown was covered with crustaceans, and his trident dripped with blood and entrails.

God Of War 1 book (just use Google translator to translate to your language)

how verse can be only 2-C? since it has infinite timelines, even heaven and hell are infinite, I don't see why it's 2-C

The universe created by Uranus is infinite in size. In the God of War I book, the sky is described as being infinite.

English translation:

Finally, the ocean began to bubble over the distant horizon. The foam raced toward the shore where Athena was standing, and an instant later, a vast jet of water roared to meet the sea in the endless sky. Balanced in the middle of the mountainous column of water was Poseidon, muscular arms crossed over his thick chest. His crown was covered with crustaceans, and his trident dripped with blood and entrails.

God Of War 1 book (just use Google translator to translate to your language)

That's only High 3-A. And we already know that

Back