• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Im heading to school and if I come back and no one's made a CRT for GOW Ragnarok stuff, bad things are gonna happen
shaggy-are-you-challenging-me.gif

Wonder why a god dying for a selfless cause in particular is the catalyst for ascension to the higher plane of existence?

One can be formidable without it necessarily correlating to purely strength. Odin has his magics, armies, weapons and his intellect going for him.
And his role as a darker father figure for Atreus
(Now watch Thor get some good statements)
I love how the multiplayer gives lore and adds more Hax to the gods. I wish the Norse Gods had something like this.

I really wish Thor had more resistances, so I could throw him at some MCU Hax cannons
bro even something like Thor just warping reality with his strength would be baller
Resistances is what I want though
Energy of Tartarus shenanigans.
yep since you can use that to inflict curses on enemies, reducing their stats
Hades Hax is just the tip of the iceberg (Though it'd kind of end up becoming redundant because Kratos already has most of Hades' abilities via his own feats, save for the Plant Hax, Curse Hax, Sleep Hax, Biological Hax and Curse Hax, Curse Hax being standard for anyone who can **** around with Souls). It'd also make him, Hercules and Zeus as Resistance cannons to pretty much all of Hades's bullshit.
I’m assuming you mean the Claws right?
The Sisters also have some spicy hax coming up for them, most of which Kratos also resists.
Oo and Norse Kratos gets that too 😈
Last scan is fake. The rest are fine. Though the Temple of Helios scans really aren't needed to emphasize just how important the Primordial Fire is.
Helios prolly gets this too since he merged with the Fire
Hyperion has one more feat under his belt. Forging a spear in the core of the Sun, that can hold up the weight of the cosmos. GOW Ascension
Yep, more Infinite scaling (though I think it’s better for dura)
Looks fine for Chaos Manipulation and Fire Manipulation (The latter is already in the Blades of Chaos sandbox and has the evidence included for the Primordial Fires thing). Not too sure about Holy Manip, is it because of the Primordial Fire sustaining the Mortal World and keeping Morpheus's ass out of it?
I think it’s mentioned Helios’ light is blessed and can do incredible harm to the undead of Hades
Wonder why a god dying for a selfless cause in particular is the catalyst for ascension to the higher plane of existence?
because God of War III has bad writing
Could someone list all of the High 3-A, Low 2-C, and/or 2-C stuff from only the Norse GoW?
Basically it’s all 2-C
Thor shakes nine Universes with Jormungandr
Thor splinters Yggdrasil itself in Ragnarok
Surtr destroys Asgard and shakes all the Realms as Ragnarok
Odin created 7 of the nine realms with Ymir’s body
Surtr illuminated the cosmos

yep since you can use that to inflict curses on enemies, reducing their stats
Yep.

I’m assuming you mean the Claws right?
Duh.

Oo and Norse Kratos gets that too 😈
Damn, stop reading my mind XD

Helios prolly gets this too since he merged with the Fire
Oh yeah, finally.

Yep, more Infinite scaling (though I think it’s better for dura)
Both. LS and Dura.

I think it’s mentioned Helios’ light is blessed and can do incredible harm to the undead of Hades
Can you find it? It's also mentioned in the game that Helios's godly sight is what allows to nullify illusions and see through hidden gates, and that this is a trait for Gods in general.

because God of War III has based writing
FTFY

Basically it’s all 2-C

Thor shakes nine Universes with Jormungandr
Thor splinters Yggdrasil itself in Ragnarok
Surtr destroys Asgard and shakes all the Realms as Ragnarok
Surtur also destroys the branch that holds Asgard as per Groa's REAL prophecy, leaving behind 8 realms, he shakes the entire tree to its roots too.

Surtr illuminated the cosmos
He didn't just illuminate the cosmos, he gave heat to it and created all of their Suns and Stars too.

Last edited:
BTW, I have more proof of Energy Manip for the Gods.

The Colossus of Rhodes basically has Kratos's power (Majority of it anyway), and it shoots blue energy from its broken hand that Kratos just smacked. This energy and life-force is Kratos's and Kratos's alone. It'd scale to Ares too, because, well, God of War.

because God of War III has bad writing
Lmfao. I always thought that it'd make a bit more sense for it to be a plane of reality that can be grasped or slightly connected to on the very death of a divine being. Athena could've just been the first one wise enough to actively make use of what she detected to ascend. With Ymir, it could've been Odin using the energies released upon his death to connect to that realm in a similar.

Or perhaps the deaths of deities and comparable figures feed this so-called higher existence, which is why Athena was pleased with the cleansing of the Greek World. Idk, just stuff I think about.

I wonder if Athena has the same powers as Ares
They both have standard stuff and invisibility
Exactly. Resistances is what I mostly want too, so I can match him up with Scarlet Witch.
Honestly just Comics characters for me, his lack of resistances ***** him up
BTW, I have more proof of Energy Manip for the Gods.

The Colossus of Rhodes basically has Kratos's power (Majority of it anyway), and it shoots blue energy from its broken hand that Kratos just smacked. This energy and life-force is Kratos's and Kratos's alone. It'd scale to Ares too, because, well, God of War.
Sounds good, add that up
Damn, stop reading my mind XD
No, I need my Norse Kratos to be stacked
Can you find it? It's also mentioned in the game that Helios's godly sight is what allows to nullify illusions and see through hidden gates, and that this is a trait for Gods in general.
I'll look, think it was from the Temple of Helios shit. I am curious where the source is for that senses thing
Surtur also destroys the branch that holds Asgard as per Groa's REAL prophecy, leaving behind 8 realms, he shakes the entire tree to its roots too.
I know, I mention shaking the entire tree, the branch is good (since each strand is Low 2-C) but it's just further context for Asgard getting nuked

I'll look, think it was from the Temple of Helios shit. I am curious where the source is for that senses thing
The Sight Illusion thing is from the Path of Eos section in GOW3.

I know, I mention shaking the entire tree, the branch is good (since each strand is Low 2-C) but it's just further context for Asgard getting nuked
The Branch blatantly qualifies as significantly affecting a 2-C structure, since he damaged a portion of the tree. You can't divide to get Low 2-C out of it.

Ah ok that’s fine then

also, I think I found something giving Thor teleportation or Intangibility

I'm more buying to my speculation that Atreus goes to Japan for certain reasons but i admit it's not a good speculation from mine
So instead killing Gods in Japan, Kratos or Atreus will be killing the Yokai/Monsters instead, and those Yokai/Monsters from what i recall can matched the Greek Cyclopses (Three Great Yokai of Japan, Three Great Onryo, and godlike-demons)
Oh sorry, what i mean is the monsters/yokai from Japan are likely going to be massively above the cyclopses and matched the monsters from norse myth like Jormungandr and the Gods

if Magni and Modi get profiles, are they getting to 2C via damaging/scaling to kratos or are we going with the idea Kratos was massively holding back against them?

Even if Kratos was holding back, they were shown as strong by Aesir God standards when they were children.

if Magni and Modi get profiles, are they getting to 2C via damaging/scaling to kratos or are we going with the idea Kratos was massively holding back against them?
Yes. They'd downscale massively, but even as kids they were shown to be as strong as any other run-of-the-mill Aesir God.

Hm apparently Thamur falling caused a MASSIVE event in which entire mountain ranges were risen from ground , Hrugnir is directly shown to be WAYYYYYYYY bigger in the mural and denser ( made of rock rather then flesh and organs ) , and Kid Magni can easily flip it , wonder what level of lifting strength that is.

I'd say at most 2-C; they get wrecked by Kratos when not holding back but I doubt they're much weaker then Heimdall physically for instance

Hm apparently Thamur falling caused a MASSIVE event in which entire mountain ranges were risen from ground , Hrugnir is directly shown to be WAYYYYYYYY bigger in the mural and denser ( made of rock rather then flesh and organs ) , and Kid Magni can easily flip it , wonder what level of lifting strength that is.
Probably solid but I'd note 1) It's not that relevant and 2) The murals aren't always to scale and likely for presentation

The woe of Immeasurable LS. All other strength feats are irrelevant. By the way, what would be Heimdall's tiering?

Probably solid but I'd note 1) It's not that relevant and 2) The murals aren't always to scale and likely for presentation
I'm kinda only using the Mural because we've no other size for Hrungnir and him being much bigger then Thamur ISN'T inconsistent with anything , it makes sense as he was built by Thamur and other giants as a powerful warrior.

The woe of Immeasurable LS. All other strength feats are irrelevant. By the way, what would be Heimdall's tiering?
IMO, at most 2-C since he's able to push Kratos but is soundly overcome when he goes all out. He's also able to stomp Loki and Thrud
I'm kinda only using the Mural because we've no other size for Hrungnir and him being much bigger then Thamur ISN'T inconsistent with anything , it makes sense as he was built by Thamur and other giants as a powerful warrior.
Eh fair, at the very least he'd be as tall as Thamur but made of stone

Why doesn't Thanatos have type 8 immortality? Since he is death itself and cannot be killed unless the concept of death is destroyed?
Same reason Uranus didn't resurrect when Cronos whacked him. Someone else takes up the mantle. Even if unwittingly. Where do you think Kratos being called Death, the Destroyer of Worlds comes from?

Last edited:
I mean they didnt have to kill Death to destroy him though right?
If Uranus's position shifting to Cronos despite being the literal abstract representation of the universe is anything to go by, yeah, you don't have to kill Death to kill Thanatos. Same way you don't need to kill Fear to beat down Fear Zeus.

If Uranus's position shifting to Cronos despite being the literal abstract representation of the universe is anything to go by, yeah, you don't have to kill Death to kill Thanatos. Same way you don't need to kill Fear to beat down Fear Zeus.
so it would not be Type 8

Back