• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yea I think weapons ( his spear which seemimgly disintegrated thor on spot ) and magic fall perfectly under " capability " which is in the Formidable term description , Odin being the most OP in that regard doesn't sound too bad , as I do Anticipate him getting GOAT quotes in the upcoming years before next GOW.

You know that we want a GoW based in Japan, however while it's indeed would be so cool, the Gods there aren't that malevolent, and if they want to wank them to the level of Greek Gods, SMS need to dive in to the osbcurity of Japanese Myth Sources which would be very hard to do (like using the super ancient japanese words for example)
But at the same time....it will be the first time ever Kratos wouldn't need to kill any Gods for complicated reasons nor by sheer rage, which mean he can coorperate with the Japanese Gods without any worries unlike the Greek and Norse Gods
Maybe there's still a evil gods like Amatsu Mikaboshi that can be used for an antagonist but beside that yeah

I'm more buying to my speculation that Atreus goes to Japan for certain reasons but i admit it's not a good speculation from mine
So instead killing Gods in Japan, Kratos or Atreus will be killing the Yokai/Monsters instead, and those Yokai/Monsters from what i recall can matched the Greek Cyclopses (Three Great Yokai of Japan, Three Great Onryo, and godlike-demons)

You know that we want a GoW based in Japan, however while it's indeed would be so cool, the Gods there aren't that malevolent, and if they want to wank them to the level of Greek Gods, SMS need to dive in to the osbcurity of Japanese Myth Sources which would be very hard to do (like using the super ancient japanese words for example)
But at the same time....it will be the first time ever Kratos wouldn't need to kill any Gods for complicated reasons nor by sheer rage, which mean he can coorperate with the Japanese Gods without any worries unlike the Greek and Norse Gods
Maybe there's still a evil gods like Amatsu Mikaboshi that can be used for an antagonist but beside that yeah
Finally, kratos learns martial arts

Underworld in GOW 2
image0-2.jpg

underworld in GOW 3
image0-1.jpg

the colours and stuff are all different , just a stylistic/design choice or did Hades do something to his realm?

They'd still need to work out a reason for him to go there. Maybe a timeskip after which an older and wiser Kratos travels the world to aid other pantheons?
SMS would be dumb not to make Kratos Odr who is Freya's husband and is known for having left Freyja and their two daughters for traveling around the world. They already made Freyja and Frigg the same character in the game, we know Freyja doesn't have daughters yet in God of War and Odr's meaning in Old Norse perfectly describes Kratos as it means “ecstasy, inspiration, fury, frenzy”. They can tweak Odr mysteriously leaving to travel the world and make Kratos leave to find Atreus in other mythologies or something makes Kratos feel the need to go to another mythology to resolve it.

How physically strong is Hercules in GOW 3? Is he as strong as GOW 3 Kratos or Zeus or even Hades or Poseidon in terms of brute strength?

Underworld in GOW 2
image0-2.jpg

underworld in GOW 3
image0-1.jpg

the colours and stuff are all different , just a stylistic/design choice or did Hades do something to his realm?
It could just be stylistic/designs choices but considering Underworld is infinite and appears to be different in every game it appears in, i just always tought they were varying locations really far away from each other.

Btw the upper picture isn't GoW II Underworld. It's from GoW I.

It could just be stylistic/designs choices but considering Underworld is infinite and appears to be different in every game it appears in, i just always tought they were varying locations really far away from each other.

Btw the upper picture isn't GoW II Underworld. It's from GoW I.
thanks for correcting , maybe there is something in the novels regarding why Hades looks different everytime its shown

SMS would be dumb not to make Kratos Odr who is Freya's husband and is known for having left Freyja and their two daughters for traveling around the world. They already made Freyja and Frigg the same character in the game, we know Freyja doesn't have daughters yet in God of War and Odr's meaning in Old Norse perfectly describes Kratos as it means “ecstasy, inspiration, fury, frenzy”. They can tweak Odr mysteriously leaving to travel the world and make Kratos leave to find Atreus in other mythologies or something makes Kratos feel the need to go to another mythology to resolve it.
Yeah I think they'll go down this route.
Hopefully at least. I like Kratos and Freya as a couple, and I want Kratos to be happy after all the **** shit he's been through.

I think there is potential for Kratos to have more hax. I’ll explain what I mean sometime today.
Following up on this. I will just get this out of the way right now, Chaos should have Chaos Manipulation they are 10000% qualified to have it. Chaos' entire being is directly in line with the description we use for Chaos Manipulation. If you know Chaos, you will know what I'm getting at with Kratos. Chaos is the origin of Primordial Fire. The Primordial Fire is the source of all fire in the greek world, and it gives literal life to it. Without the Primordial Fire, the greek world itself is ******. Hyperion possessed it, then Helios, then Kratos had a piece of it for a period of time during CoO. Side Note: Helios and Hyperion's feats thanks to the Primordial Flame are not talked about enough even though they are probably the most impressive feat for Helios and Hyperion. Edit: Looks like the images I linked for the stuff above are broken. You can them in the gallery section here https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/Temple_of_Helios_(Game)#God_of_War:_The_Lost_World

Now for the point that I'm getting at. In God of War Ragnarok, Surtr states that there is Primordial Fire in the Blades of Chaos and Kratos interjects saying the blades aren't from the Norse realm. The novel for GOW1 used the Blades of Chaos's namesake to imply they have a connection to Chaos itself. In God of War Ragnarok, the Deadly Obsidian Handles for the Blades of Chaos have a description that reads "Handles that feed the chaos that resides in the Blades themselves. Felling a foe feeds the Spartan's rage within."

This should grant Kratos a few abilities, shouldn't it? Namely Chaos Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, and a higher realm of Fire Manipulation if he doesn't have it already.

How physically strong is Hercules in GOW 3? Is he as strong as GOW 3 Kratos or Zeus or even Hades or Poseidon in terms of brute strength?
Definitely at least as strong as GOW3 Kratos physically speaking, because at this point Kratos has already killed Poseidon, stole Hades' soul, ripped out Helios's head and cut off Hermes' boots.

I swear, Hercules is such an enigma power scaling wise.
Ye, Hercules literally fights on par with a Hades Soul amped Kratos and actually proves to be more than a match for the Spartan, even being able to stagger and stun him with his sheer strength alone, and Kratos has a hard time breaking free from his clutches.

Could someone list all of the High 3-A, Low 2-C, and/or 2-C stuff from only the Norse GoW?

Because the page for the Greek universal feats links to a dud page when they say at the bottom that they link to the Norse page.

Following up on this. I will just get this out of the way right now, Chaos should have Chaos Manipulation they are 10000% qualified to have it. Chaos' entire being is directly in line with the description we use for Chaos Manipulation. If you know Chaos, you will know what I'm getting at with Kratos. Chaos is the origin of Primordial Fire. The Primordial Fire is the source of all fire in the greek world, and it gives literal life to it. Without the Primordial Fire, the greek world itself is ******.
Last scan is fake. The rest are fine. Though the Temple of Helios scans really aren't needed to emphasize just how important the Primordial Fire is.

Hyperion possessed it, then Helios, then Kratos had a piece of it for a period of time during CoO. Side Note: Helios and Hyperion's feats thanks to the Primordial Flame are not talked about enough even though they are probably the most impressive feat for Helios and Hyperion.
Hyperion has one more feat under his belt. Forging a spear in the core of the Sun, that can hold up the weight of the cosmos. GOW Ascension.

Edit: Looks like the images I linked for the stuff above are broken. You can them in the gallery section here https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/Temple_of_Helios_(Game)#God_of_War:_The_Lost_World
Just replace the "static" portion with "vignette" and that should fix the links.

Now for the point that I'm getting at. In God of War Ragnarok, Surtr states that there is Primordial Fire in the Blades of Chaos and Kratos interjects saying the blades aren't from the Norse realm. The novel for GOW1 used the Blades of Chaos's namesake to imply they have a connection to Chaos itself. In God of War Ragnarok, the Deadly Obsidian Handles for the Blades of Chaos have a description that reads "Handles that feed the chaos that resides in the Blades themselves. Felling a foe feeds the Spartan's rage within."

This should grant Kratos a few abilities, shouldn't it? Namely Chaos Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, and a higher realm of Fire Manipulation if he doesn't have it already.
Looks fine for Chaos Manipulation and Fire Manipulation (The latter is already in the Blades of Chaos sandbox and has the evidence included for the Primordial Fires thing). Not too sure about Holy Manip, is it because of the Primordial Fire sustaining the Mortal World and keeping Morpheus's ass out of it?

What new Hax is Kratos set to get in the coming CRT?
Hades Hax is just the tip of the iceberg (Though it'd kind of end up becoming redundant because Kratos already has most of Hades' abilities via his own feats, save for the Plant Hax, Curse Hax, Sleep Hax, Biological Hax and Curse Hax, Curse Hax being standard for anyone who can **** around with Souls). It'd also make him, Hercules and Zeus as Resistance cannons to pretty much all of Hades's bullshit.

The Sisters also have some spicy hax coming up for them, most of which Kratos also resists.

Hades Hax is just the tip of the iceberg (Though it'd kind of end up becoming redundant because Kratos already has most of Hades' abilities via his own feats, save for the Plant Hax, Curse Hax, Sleep Hax, Biological Hax and Curse Hax, Curse Hax being standard for anyone who can **** around with Souls). It'd also make him, Hercules and Zeus as Resistance cannons to pretty much all of Hades's bullshit.

The Sisters also have some spicy hax coming up for them, most of which Kratos also resists.
What do you mean by Curse Hax being a standard for anyone who can **** around with souls?

I love how the multiplayer gives lore and adds more Hax to the gods. I wish the Norse Gods had something like this.

I really wish Thor had more resistances, so I could throw him at some MCU Hax cannons

Back