• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I’m also hoping we get context for the Leviathan doing in Thor’s gut. Like I swear there’s no outright confirmation that the poison is taking out his healing which I kinda hate NGL

Especially since that would give Kratos limited Power Nullification and Limited Resistance to Power Nullification to Odin and Baldur (since both are able to recover from getting cut up by the Axe without real issues)
Sadly Thor doesn't seem to be healing from literally any injury Kratos lands on him at all, even the Blades of Chaos.

Not really no, tons of profiles do it that way for presentation and it’s not that hard. Making it a sub tabber makes it cleaner and easier to read the profile (so then it’s not just a wall of text)
Majority of them don't. Most are just separate power-up keys that aren't sub-tabbers.

Exactly, you’re not going to leap to that without a statement it works that way.
SBA makes that route hard to achieve.

Majority of them don't. Most are just separate power-up keys that aren't sub-tabbers.
No but many do and it at least makes the profile look a bit cleaner and easier to read
SBA makes that route hard to achieve.
Does it?
Sadly Thor doesn't seem to be healing from literally any injury Kratos lands on him at all, even the Blades of Chaos.
tbh I think he healed from the Draupnir Spear since there’s no mark when it punches through his chest

tbh I think he healed from the Draupnir Spear since there’s no mark when it punches through his chest
He didn't receive any particular damage to his organs when Draupnir exploded. His internals are definitely as tough as his outer skin for sure.

He didn't receive any particular damage to his organs when Draupnir exploded. His internals are definitely as tough as his outer skin for sure.
No but it clearly cuts the skin, the fact there's no damage just after that implies he's got some healing

Hm why was Chronos the king of titans when Atlas is stronger per all sources?
Probably because he has the main role in maiming Cronos, plus he did save the Titans. It could also be Atlas had no desire to rule and was content with serving alongisde Cronos

It is prolly spin off going off by what he said will be in the story will be a time travel plot

This tweet from cory was made when he was giving troll answers for people asking questions about different stuff in the game for like days straight. We have the answer for what happened to Jormungandr. Either Cory was trolling or he forgot that it was explained in Ragnarok or he didn't know that it was explained in Ragnarok.

I'm confused by this one. Is the questioner talking about the codex for Thor or a quest description on the menu that describes what's happening?

Likely, the codex entry. Speaking of, we really should specify somewhere that "as heavy as any I've ever fought" only means being as powerful as the most most powerful blows he's dealt with, not being the strongest opponent.

Interesting. Obviously, game scaling would take precedent here but it's good to see how the developers have Thor at near the top of Kratos' opponents in mind.

Good, even more confirmation.

How powerful is Freya at full power compared to other characters in the Norse verse? How would she fare in a fight against the World Serpent for example? Also is the Serpent actually equal to Thor or not? In the game it seems that Thor knocks him into one of the realm towers and KOs him and then later on knocks him back in time.

Superior to Baldur at the very least and held her own against Odin, albeit while aiding Kratos and Atreus. Her power as a Vanir Goddess was stated to be revered by the Valkyries. That and she should be comparable to her brother, who could hold off Sutr briefly.

Human General Kratos should get a profile , his own feats being stopping a whirlpool , overpoweing the charge of a large building - city block sized snake and defeating a champion of Helios.

scaling to other spartans and last spartan as the king of Sparta calls him his greatest warrior , scaling to the earthly monsters as Ares states nothing on Earth can beat Kratos.

see I’m fine with the hax, I just wish Thor had more resistances.
We could probably get more from Kratos Relics, but not much likely.
I’m also hoping we get context for the Leviathan doing in Thor’s gut. Like I swear there’s no outright confirmation that the poison is taking out his healing which I kinda hate NGL

Especially since that would give Kratos limited Power Nullification and Limited Resistance to Power Nullification to Odin and Baldur (since both are able to recover from getting cut up by the Axe without real issues)
We could probably add them as a possibly, until we get further confirmation.

Which fodder is stronger between the two?
Personally I feel like Greek mythology creatures. They're also more haxxed

Some more answers from Bruno about stuff in the game such as Kratos needs Draupnir to beat Heimdall by overloading his senses and Hrodvitnir is the father of Skoll and Hati and is a separate wolf not related to Fenrir/Garm.

You forgot to link the Draupnir tweet, here you go:

Well that definitely shows the Draupnir was affecting Heimdall's senses and definitely did play a major role in helping Kratos win, his AD and RE are just icing on the cake.

Still funny tho that Heimdall still never managed to read Kratos's intentions with the Spear. You'd think he'd do that right off the gate but nah, he didn't.

So how does a Realm Tower help with Time Travel again? Does the Realm Tower act as a direct gateway into Yggdrasil or something?
He was pointing out two separate things that happened during Thor vs Jormungandr. Early in their fight, Thor hit Jormungandr which made Jormmy crash into the Alfheim tower destroying it, and later the Time Travel clash happened. The way he worded it made it seem like the realm tower was involved in the time travel but that isn't what he meant.

He was pointing out two separate things that happened during Thor vs Jormungandr. Early in their fight, Thor hit Jormungandr which made Jormmy crash into the Alfheim tower destroying it, and later the Time Travel clash happened. The way he worded it made it seem like the realm tower was involved in the time travel but that isn't what he meant.
Ooooooooooooooh. I see. That makes sense now. No way Jormie would be able to go to Midgard via Alfheim's Tower LOL.

Eh idk about resistances since that’s gameplay shit but hax works
Nah I'm sure they could still be used, Heimdall resist Atreus Time slow, we could use relics on Thor.
Honestly it depends
Like none of them are ******* with Revenants
Only thing Revenants have is intangibility. A gorgon could still petrify a Revenant before she slips through reality.
Still funny tho that Heimdall still never managed to read Kratos's intentions with the Spear. You'd think he'd do that right off the gate but nah, he didn't
Especially as Kratos did it over and over lol.

Should have learned by then

Superior to Baldur at the very least and held her own against Odin, albeit while aiding Kratos and Atreus. Her power as a Vanir Goddess was stated to be revered by the Valkyries. That and she should be comparable to her brother, who could hold off Sutr briefly.
She was also stated to be Odin's deadliest enemy, and Kratos states that there is no other formidable ally than her.

image.png

She was also stated to be Odin's deadliest enemy, and Kratos states that there is no other formidable ally than her.
She also taught Odin his magic so that could be evidence her powers are relative to Odin’s own (bullshit not withstanding)
Nah I'm sure they could still be used, Heimdall resist Atreus Time slow, we could use relics on Thor.
I mean even then, does Thor actually resist anything of note?
Only thing Revenants have is intangibility. A gorgon could still petrify a Revenant before she slips through reality.
Nah I feel slipping between sheets of reality is a different type of Intangibility

She also taught Odin his magic so that could be evidence her powers are relative to Odin’s own (bullshit not withstanding)
MARY. SUE.
I mean even then, does Thor actually resist anything of note?
Might have to check again
Nah I feel slipping between sheets of reality is a different type of Intangibility
Yes, but let's hope they do that immediately, and not stop in front of the gorgon, like they do in game sometimes.

Last edited:
Back