• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

From how it's described in the lost pages podcast Odin can just stroll up and cast the curse whenever he pleases. The only prep he needed was studying and mastering Seidr magic first before figuring out how to do it, once he figured it out he just whipped it out against Freya when she pissed him off.

His BFR on the other hand seems like it needs some kind of prep since he needed to bind several yggdrasil roots first before he could forcibly send Freya back to midgard whenever she tried to leave.

From how it's described in the lost pages podcast Odin can just stroll up and cast the curse whenever he pleases. The only prep he needed was studying and mastering Seidr magic first before figuring out how to do it, once he figured it out he just whipped it out against Freya when she pissed him off.

His BFR on the other hand seems like it needs some kind of prep since he needed to bind several yggdrasil roots first before he could forcibly send Freya back to midgard whenever she tried to leave.
Yeah IIRC there ain't a lot of magic left to Odin that requires egregious amounts of prep time, almost all of them are cheat-code levels of fast, akin to Ares. When his ravens got gutted he immediately pulled out a spellbook and started spamming spells left and right. Man really doesn't wanna take chances in melee combat much despite being stronk. Guess he's not that stronk when pushed into a corner.

Still tho, kinda sad he didn't feel as much of a threat like Ares did. Now that guy's an actual legitimate menace.

Tbh Ares was the first God in the series and it’s clear he’s played up as much more severe a threat then the others

Honestly I'd add resistance to Corruption for Odin as well based off the Seidr thing and probably some Resistance to Ice manipulation since he isn't frozen by Leviathan (probably Danmaku as well)

Hm I remember reading Ymir was big enough that 7-9 infinite realms were made from his body , what was the basis for the realms to be infinite again?

1. Do we have a Sandbox for all these revisions?

2. Is the Immeasurable strength due solely to Greek stuff, or are there Norse feats on this level as well?

3. For Base Atreus, shouldn't his AP with magic/arrows and his base durability just be flat-out 2-C?

1. Do we have a Sandbox for all these revisions?
Not sure for all, but we have sandboxes for stuff like the Blades of Chaos and Blades of Athena/Exile
2. Is the Immeasurable strength due solely to Greek stuff, or are there Norse feats on this level as well?
It's mainly because of Atlas's feat, but I dunno whether it's the sole reason
3. For Base Atreus, shouldn't his AP with magic/arrows and his base durability just be flat-out 2-C?
For his Godhood realisation key? Probably would be "At most 2-C" via downscaling from 2-C characters

honestly, I can't wait to get a GoW Ragnarök novel

I really need an explanation as to why the blades of chaos follow kratos and why unlike all the other Greek magic it still is kicking and kicking pretty ******* well

honestly my best theory on that would be due to it being made from Chaos itself the progenitor of all the magic and power In the Greek world and we have statements such as Persephony claiming that if the world pillars fell that the world would revert back into chaos and I think that might just be what happened and now chaos is the only godlike power in Greece and since that is what the blades draw their power from is the reason as to why they still have their power unchanged

honestly, I can't wait to get a GoW Ragnarök novel

I really need an explanation as to why the blades of chaos follow kratos and why unlike all the other Greek magic it still is kicking and kicking pretty ******* well

honestly my best theory on that would be due to it being made from Chaos itself the progenitor of all the magic and power In the Greek world and we have statements such as Persephony claiming that if the world pillars fell that the world would revert back into chaos and I think that might just be what happened and now chaos is the only godlike power in Greece and since that is what the blades draw their power from is the reason as to why they still have their power unchanged
Fallen God already explains why the Blades of Chaos remain with Kratos. Athena cursed them to forever remain with him, plus, she also needed him to kill the Chaos Beast in Egypt.

It's mainly because of Atlas's feat, but I dunno whether it's the sole reason
Nah, Norse stuff has it too. Mainly via tearing holes between realms physically and sealing off Realm Tears which threaten the existence of individual realms and their fabric of space and time. And Freya has one too via ripping out the Yggdrasil roots holding the curse that's keeping her stuck on Midgard. As well as Nidhogg ******* around and finding out about the Yggdrasil roots.

Fallen God already explains why the Blades of Chaos remain with Kratos. Athena cursed them to forever remain with him, plus, she also needed him to kill the Chaos Beast in Egypt.
well that explains why they follow him but doesn't really explain how they seem to function in full unlike the magic kratos tried to recall

well that explains why they follow him but doesn't really explain how they seem to function in full unlike the magic kratos tried to recall
Athena's curse most likely has something to do with it as well.

Plus most of that magic that Kratos tried to recall but couldn't? They didn't go away when his homeland died. They went away when he channeled the Power of Hope into the Blade of Olympus, stabbed himself with it and then sacrificed himself to save mankind with Hope from Athena, and to give them a fighting chance to build and recover without the Gods. Kratos was already power-nulled by Zeus and then killed right after before he obtained Hope and regained all his previous powers.

May i ask the scan that poh and fear give the user type 8 Immortallity (unless The poh revived kratos scan it's supposed to be that , in which case mb)

Also uhhh out of curiosity how is peak norse kratos vs greek kratos treated here?
Considerating Thor codex says holding back thor hits are as heavy as any Kratos left

Also uhhh out of curiosity how is peak norse kratos vs greek kratos treated here?
Considerating Thor codex says holding back thor hits are as heavy as any Kratos left
Norse Kratos is equal to GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos only in terms of physical strength, speed and durability when Norse Kratos is going all out and redlining, solely because of Thor's codex entry. I'd put Thor at pretty much Poseidon level based on this (Because this entry was after all made by a massively-holding back Kratos without his Blades of Chaos even) and based on Bruno stating that Thor could at the very least easily hold his own against Hippocampi, Poseidon's Hippocampi wouldn't be overwhelmingly weaker than him, as they both showed similar performance against Kratos and Gaia, and they are extensions of his own body after all.

Otherwise, Norse Kratos has none of his old hax and has objectively worse AD that requires engagement in combat to work now, whereas Greek GOW Kratos's AD just kicked off and made him stronger with every passing moment. If he were to fight his GOW3 self, he'd get overpowered pretty quickly.

Norse Kratos is equal to GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos only in terms of physical strength, speed and durability when Norse Kratos is going all out and redlining, solely because of Thor's codex entry.
You mean when Kratos is using Spartan Rage?

Seems to me like Norse Kratos is only equal with Spartan rage and is far below Greek Kratos without SR.

Norse Kratos is equal to GOW3 Endgame Pre-Hope Kratos only in terms of physical strength, speed and durability when Norse Kratos is going all out and redlining, solely because of Thor's codex entry. I'd put Thor at pretty much Poseidon level based on this (Because this entry was after all made by a massively-holding back Kratos without his Blades of Chaos even) and based on Bruno stating that Thor could at the very least easily hold his own against Hippocampi, Poseidon's Hippocampi wouldn't be overwhelmingly weaker than him, as they both showed similar performance against Kratos and Gaia, and they are extensions of his own body after all.

Otherwise, Norse Kratos has none of his old hax and has objectively worse AD that requires engagement in combat to work now, whereas Greek GOW Kratos's AD just kicked off and made him stronger with every passing moment. If he were to fight his GOW3 self, he'd get overpowered pretty quickly.
Shouldn't Norse Kratos still be weaker than end game Pre-Hope Kratos since he is missing all the soul amps from Claws of Hades?

Shouldn't Norse Kratos only be equal to pre-Hades fight Greek Kratos since he is missing all the soul amps?
Could be, given that we have enough context about the codex entry being made from the PoV of a held-back Kratos who didn't even have the Blades of Chaos in that first rematch, plus Bruno stating Thor to be Hippocamp level bare minimum if nothing else. Of course, people would bring up issues about Kratos being unable to hold back on durability but honestly given how Kratos can even hold back on his regenerative capabilities on a whim and even choose to get tired or not just by holding back, those arguments could be on shaky grounds, plus in case anyone forgot, Kratos's stats all around take a massive increase the angrier and more serious he gets. That and there's obviously Kratos taking that blow to the face from an enraged, bloodlusted and full-power Thor with Mjolnir in the final rematch where Kratos is close to redlining but isn't quite there yet.

LOL seems to me like GoW Zeus stomps Odin and that GoW3 Kratos with souls stomps all the Norse Pantheon
Zeus is just built different.

20221107_182323.gif

Norse Gods are really weak compared to Greek, which honestly sucks since it lowers their threat level immensely

We really need to remove the "comparable to Greek Kratos" from Norse Kratos's key.
Yeah, we now know he's straight up equal to one aspect of his Greek side thanks to Thor. But of course, that's not the only problem.

All the "prophecy" related stuff from the 2018 game needs to be removed now, like Odin and Thor combining to defeat Surtr and Thor and Jormi killing each other, Fenrir devouring Odin, and Surtr threatening to destroy all the 9 Realms being changed to only ending Asgard and its branch, letting all the other realms thrive (Because Kratos's unexpected arrival changed everything thanks to his status as the Destroyer of Fate, and because Fate doesn't actually exist in Norse).

Back