• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I already asked this before but should we make one profile for all the enemies in God of War? A lot of other verses have these kinds of profiles.

I feel like synth man really think freya is a "Mary sue"
...? What has Freya done in Ragnarok that's radically above or different from what we know of her for them to think that? She's the queen of the Valkyries, leader of the Vanir Gods and former Queen of Asgard. Her magic was powerful enough to be highly coveted by Odin so of course she'd be very powerful and capable. And despite all of this, she neither bends the narrative around her nor is she treated as being perfect.

One of Mimir's boat story tells how he got the first piece of the mask but it's kinda confusing about what it's implying.

at 31:30

Mimir stated Odin used a ship to "cross AEgir's Burning Ocean into the heart of the Silent Matron herself...." to find the mask.

I know Aegir's Burning Ocean is a reference to Aegir, one of the two Norse gods of the sea, but I'm unsure who this "Silent Matron" is. I can't find a reference to a Silent Matron in Norse or any other mythology. Based on what Mimir says, the Silent Matron sounds like a living place or thing. I don't understand what "Burning Ocean" is referencing either unless it's a figure of speech for a part of the world where water is "burning", I couldn't find anything about that in Norse Mythology either.

My best guess is that Ran, Aegir's wife and the goddess of the sea, is the Silent Matron but I couldn't find a reference to her being called a Silent Matron.

...? What has Freya done in Ragnarok that's radically above or different from what we know of her for them to think that? She's the queen of the Valkyries, leader of the Vanir Gods and former Queen of Asgard. Her magic was powerful enough to be highly coveted by Odin so of course she'd be very powerful and capable. And despite all of this, she neither bends the narrative around her nor is she treated as being perfect.
She's a female character. That's why lol.

shouldn't Odin get all shown bitfrost hax? God of knowledge and far predating other Aesir and all
Yep, he’s even shown bestowing Bifrost had unto others

imo it should be in a tabber alongside his Seidr magic. Speaking of, Odin needs Dimensional Storage/Hammerspace since hes able to just pull magic times out of nowhere during his boss fight

Yep, he’s even shown bestowing Bifrost had unto others

imo it should be in a tabber alongside his Seidr magic.
Giving tabbers for powers separately will give people the idea that it's not usable by default unless specified in a VS match, which is explicitly not the case, these are Odin's standard abilities. This is why tabbering the Bifrost stuff instead of putting it into Odin's base abilities instead really isn't a good idea. Bullet-pointing them separately within the Powers and Abilities section and then making a Resistance tabber is a considerably cleaner option in the long run.

Speaking of, Odin needs Dimensional Storage/Hammerspace since hes able to just pull magic times out of nowhere during his boss fight
Yeah, this seems fair.

Giving tabbers for powers separately will give people the idea that it's not usable unless specified in a VS match, which is explicitly not the case. This is why tabbering the Bifrost stuff instead of putting it into Odin's base abilities instead really isn't a good idea.
Uh, no it wouldn't. I've seen many profiles with powers that are in multiple tabbers that are very much usable. If people have that misconception then that's more on them.

Uh, no it wouldn't. I've seen many profiles with powers that are in multiple tabbers that are very much usable. If people have that misconception then that's more on them.
Those are separate power ups within different keys.

Not particularly and even then, why is that the default assumption? I'm pretty sure someone seeing an extra tabber isn't going to think optional if it doesn't specify that.

Giving tabbers for powers separately will give people the idea that it's not usable by default unless specified in a VS match, which is explicitly not the case, these are Odin's standard abilities. This is why tabbering the Bifrost stuff instead of putting it into Odin's base abilities instead really isn't a good idea. Bullet-pointing them separately within the Powers and Abilities section and then making a Resistance tabber is a considerably cleaner option in the long run.
Not really no, tons of profiles do it that way for presentation and it’s not that hard. Making it a sub tabber makes it cleaner and easier to read the profile (so then it’s not just a wall of text)
Yeah, this seems fair.
Agreed
Not particularly and even then, why is that the default assumption? I'm pretty sure someone seeing an extra tabber isn't going to think optional if it doesn't specify that.
Exactly, you’re not going to leap to that without a statement it works that way.

Maybe something like listing all the abilities he does via the magic he normally uses, then have a section that's like "With Bifrost Energy can perform the following" and then doing the same for seidr magic.

Fire Manipulation (Insert scan here), Corruption (Black breath valkries whatever), other abilities. With Bifrost Energy can perform Space-Time Manipulation (Realm shifts or whatever), other abilities. With Seidr Magic he can perform Mind Manipulation (Insert scan of confusing enemy minds), Poison Manipulation (Know the drill), etc...

Something like that maybe?

Maybe something like listing all the abilities he does via the magic he normally uses, then have a section that's like "With Bifrost Energy can perform the following" and then doing the same for seidr magic.

Fire Manipulation (Insert scan here), Corruption (Black breath valkries whatever), other abilities. With Bifrost Energy can perform Space-Time Manipulation (Realm shifts or whatever), other abilities. With Seidr Magic he can perform Mind Manipulation (Insert scan of confusing enemy minds), Poison Manipulation (Know the drill), etc...

Something like that maybe?
This is my suggestion
It’d be like “inherent abilities” (Stats, Immortality, Magic, etc)
“Via Seidr Magic”
“Via the Bifrost”

Here
Cory implies that there Would more norse games
Have hope
Bro I’d love a comic or a spin-off game man (like with Atreus or Thrûd etc). He’ll give me a Ragnarok Novelisation modeled after the first two
If only there was more Hax, so we could get more resistances for the gods.
see I’m fine with the hax, I just wish Thor had more resistances.

I’m also hoping we get context for the Leviathan doing in Thor’s gut. Like I swear there’s no outright confirmation that the poison is taking out his healing which I kinda hate NGL

Especially since that would give Kratos limited Power Nullification and Limited Resistance to Power Nullification to Odin and Baldur (since both are able to recover from getting cut up by the Axe without real issues)

Last edited:
Wait
Does that mean Thor didn’t send him back in time?

what the ****
Even mimir was finding time travel plot hard to imagine to begin with to the point he thought at first kratos Time traveling was bs

I think we will get a more direct answer in the next game (until then theory time 🥳)

Back