• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yeah reading the quotation., it seems she turns herself invisible after teleporting to the temple and manipulating lightning to make an image of her face. Invisibility is something she and other Gods do often so I think that the idea is she teleported down and made a hologram of herself. I don't think the text lends itself to "Gods can become pure energy if they feel like it". There is an excerpt in II that implies this for Zeus but I think that's just it

Yeah reading the quotation., it seems she turns herself invisible after teleporting to the temple and manipulating lightning to make an image of her face. Invisibility is something she and other Gods do often so I think that the idea is she teleported down and made a hologram of herself. I don't think the text lends itself to "Gods can become pure energy if they feel like it".
It's more so hiding from Kratos until taking the right moment to appear in front of him.

There is an excerpt in II that implies this for Zeus but I think that's just it
Zeus can effectively turn into pure lightning so that's a non-starter.

It's more so hiding from Kratos until taking the right moment to appear in front of him.
Zeus can effectively turn into pure lightning so that's a non-starter.
1) I mean still, idk if I'd say it's "turning into pure energy" 2) True but it's support

2) True but it's support
Speaking of which, it's kind of funny how Freya and Odin are the only shapeshifters but neither of them are able to shapeshift into elemental states like the Greek Gods could. Hades literally has the power of the Underworld, Poseidon has the power of the oceans, and Zeus is effectively the Weather God + Lightning and Thunder + Whatever thing he wants to become when he gets too overtly horny, Ares turns into fire, the Furies turn into ink or illusions, Helios is just bright light, Thanatos is a possessing ghost-spirit-void-light thingy that just comes and goes whenever and wherever.

Wait does Ares turn into fire? Or is this that comment from the novel about fire talking
Nah, game stuff. Astral Projection, literally having his hair and beard as literal fire constructs, that type of thing.

He shows more fire and volcanic stuff than Hephaestus himself. It's almost embarrassing to boot, hell, Hephaestus even makes note of Kratos being the "other" God of War that Aphrodite happened to conjure.

Nah, game stuff. Astral Projection, literally having his hair and beard as literal fire constructs, that type of thing.

He shows more fire and volcanic stuff than Hephaestus himself. It's almost embarrassing to boot, hell, Hephaestus even makes note of Kratos being the "other" God of War that Aphrodite happened to conjure.
1) Projection is more its own thing iirc, I don't think it'd be grounds as intangibility. 2) What game stuff? 3) I mean, so does Hermes, doesn't mean hes intangible.

His hair and beard being composed of literal fire. That game stuff.
1) So why not mention that instead of game stuff and it being separate 2) Again idk if that's ground for intangibility since it's only a part of his body being composed of flame, that would be ground for inorganic physiology if anything. Especially if you account for him bleeding "black ichor" rather then blood such as the other Gods

1) So why not mention that instead of game stuff and it being separate
Not sure what you mean by this so uh...

2) Again idk if that's ground for intangibility since it's only a part of his body being composed of flame, that would be ground for inorganic physiology if anything. Especially if you account for him bleeding "black ichor" rather then blood such as the other Gods
Elemental Intangibility is a thing now.

The Top Three however become deeply problematic, especially Hades, since Odin literally has no answer for Soul Manip, like, at all.
yeah but he outscales them pretty bad he is around norse kratos level or pure stats wise around the same level as end game GoW3 kratos (cept a billion hax on top) and kratos in 3 was able to beat hades pretty easily even after the dip into the styx weakened him considerably and looking at what kratos did to posidon at the start of the game aka Mr.second strongest olympian I highly doubt any of the greek gods can really do anything against odin other than one.

the only person that actually flat out beats odin in the greek myth is zeus due to being all around supiror but it wouldn't even be a stomp unlike zeus vs the other 2 god kings.

Odin is not the same level of a hax lord as Hades. I agree that in terms of pure power he's only second to Zeus but he's not beating Hades on the versatility section at all. Not to mention how one landed swing of the Claws on Odin would finish him completely.

I'm surprised that no mention of Brynhildr at all in Norse Saga despite her being the most prominent Valkyrie beside the Queens (Sigrun/Gna) and Freya

Actually, could he just powernull Poseidon and Hades? Zeus, that's useless, but I don't think Poseidon and Hades have an answer to being power nulled

Odin is not the same level of a hax lord as Hades. I agree that in terms of pure power he's only second to Zeus but he's not beating Hades on the versatility section at all. Not to mention how one landed swing of the Claws on Odin would finish him completely.
well in the same vein we can look at some of odins hax like the spell halda which kept both kratos and artreus in place(which is in character considering he used it pretty much off the bat) and kratos is considerably more powerful than hades

so for win cons for both it would be

odin:
overtaking hades through far supirior AP
using halda to keep him in place and gut him

hade:
gettings off a good strike with the claws

Hopefully, we see a god king that actually outmatches Zeus. Imagine Kratos having to train to a level beyond his prime to protect his home.

Maybe they can base their power on mythological perceptions. The Aesir were perceived as mystical superhuman that were still vulnerable and subject to death and the Greek Pantheon were true Immortals that shaped nature to their choosing.

Perhaps depending on the level of loftiness over their own mythology, the pantheons have varying power levels.

Hopefully, we see a god king that actually outmatches Zeus. Imagine Kratos having to train to a level beyond his prime to protect his home.

Maybe they can base their power on mythological perceptions. The Aesir were perceived as mystical superhuman that were still vulnerable and subject to death and the Greek Pantheon were true Immortals that shaped nature to their choosing.

Perhaps depending on the level of loftiness over their own mythology, the pantheons have varying power levels.
Ra or the jade emperor would be pretty cool with the whole ruler of the universe and all

hm
Screenshot_2022-12-02-17-31-59-94_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Do we use this scan even? I see it multiple times but never as a justification as far as I'm aware. Is it treated as metaphor or flowery language perhaps?

Also, maybe the older the pantheon, the more powerful it is? Being that they're closer to the basic archetypes upon which divine beings are based off of. May explain the somehat greater power of the Greek pantheon than the Norse one.

Prolly just Hyperbole for the infinite speed statement. Not that it matters ofc. Then again it might not be, cuz I remember a few other feats of speed described as infinite in the novel.

Do we use this scan even? I see it multiple times but never as a justification as far as I'm aware. Is it treated as metaphor or flowery language perhaps?

Also, maybe the older the pantheon, the more powerful it is? Being that they're closer to the basic archetypes upon which divine beings are based off of. May explain the somehat greater power of the Greek pantheon than the Norse one.
Dunno , seems logical as its consistent with infinite speed other stuff GoW has

regarding Pantheons , Greek gods had more developement and competition , Greek gods are third generation , had to fight in the titanomarchy , while Norse ones had to fight Ymir ( which odin did with two unseen chars ) and then the vanir, more struggle = better developement

hey I wonder how strong do you think odin would be if he was in the greek myth, not like ya know just plop him in there and how he would measure up with the things he has now but more so how strong would he be if he tried to integrate himself into the world naturally using his smarts and magic to basically gain as much ground as he could

we have mimir saying that if the magic of the fates existed in the north world odin would nab it, how many spells hax and just power in general do you think odin would amass in that world?

well in the same vein we can look at some of odins hax like the spell halda which kept both kratos and artreus in place(which is in character considering he used it pretty much off the bat) and kratos is considerably more powerful than hades
That Kratos is on redline and has considerably superior AD and RE than his Norse self.

so for win cons for both it would be

odin:
overtaking hades through far supirior AP
He isn't superior in AP. Odin had to use Magic to hold an edge on Kratos, because he knew he wouldn't stand a chance in a melee battle, and this Kratos just barely below his peak GOW3 self.

using halda to keep him in place and gut him
Wouldn't work because Halda is a strength-based hax. Hades is much, much stronger than that and his range is just that much more insane. Plus he can just **** off into a puff of smoke whenever he desires.

hade:
gettings off a good strike with the claws
Doesn't even need to do that. He can just summon a shit-ton of Arms to power null and Transmute Odin and that'd be the end of it.

again against hades it more so that hades has a win con against odin other olympians other than zeus do not
Ares does. Multiple of them actually. Plus his crazy insane AD and RE in Athena's dreams allowed him to solo the combined might of both Poseidon and Artemis.

Back