• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Plus, CharacterRant threads have caused us nothing but trouble for the last few years even with regards to Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, including a few peculiar individuals who have tried hard and failed to "unify" standards across VSDebating to validate CharacterRant threads in places where OP can't even defend themselves, like dude, this dick-measuring contest of fictional characters has always been subjective across the spectrum, everyone has their own standards of evaluating feats, why the **** are you trying to lump them into one based on your own biased view of how to "objectively" quantify a feat? To say nothing of the questionable individuals there with serious morality issues popping up every now and then.

Plus, CharacterRant threads have caused us nothing but trouble for the last few years even with regards to Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, including a few peculiar individuals who have tried hard and failed to "unify" standards across VSDebating, like dude, this dick-measuring contest of fictional characters has always been subjective across the spectrum, everyone has their own standards of evaluating feats, why the **** are you trying to lump them into one based on your own biased view of how to "objectively" quantify a feat? To say nothing of the questionable individuals there with serious morality issues popping up every now and then.
Yeah. Unifying standards in Vs debates is literally impposible mainly beacuse of the huge bias people hold.

Btw what happened concerning SMT and Persona if i may ask?

Yeah. Unifying standards in Vs debates is literally impposible mainly beacuse of the huge bias people hold.

Btw what happened concerning SMT and Persona if i may ask?
Look up "kuramamyfav68 Persona" in the forum and you'll see what I mean.

I don't care what mayo says, what I care is about the braindead comments that like the review because it just aligns itself with their view of how the game "should" have been.

Like bruh, we get it, you like the og because its "muh "badass character" and river of blood" or "muh barely platform game"

I don't care what mayo says, what I care is about the braindead comments that like the review because it just aligns itself with their view of how the game "should" have been.

I agree with mayo that the Greek saga was better but some of his reasons as to why are pretty bad. I mean Mayo was going to hate this game right from the start. As soon as he saw that Ragnarok was anything like 2018 he decieded he was not going to like the game from that point on.

Another trash reviewer and his braindead comments
know-your-place-trash.gif

Honestly though, I'd have expected as much toxicity in the comment sections of such videos. To a lot of those people, the Greek era God of War series was just an outlet for violent urges and a way to live vicariously through a canonically toxic and rage filled monster whose traits they for some reason see as a "good thing" and "mucho badass". So when Kratos actually calms down after his rampage and sees the errors of his ways, meets someone he cares about and decides to be a good father to their kid, they see him as being ruined rather than evolving as a character and person.

Like, I love the Greek games and also think Kratos is a badass but I have enough sense to see that he's become almost as bad a monster as those he'd slain. But of course, Kratos having friends and allies, killing only when necessary and not enjoying it, being wise and willing to learn from others as well as his mistakes and not making a fuss over doing minor tasks is rather difficult for those sort of fans to project onto.

In that other video, the guy claimed Kratos should have beat Atreus for insulting him because he killed that innocent woman to hold up the gates in GoW3.

In that other video, the guy claimed Kratos should have beat Atreus for insulting him because he killed that innocent woman to hold up the gates in GoW3.
At this point i dont think some greek saga fans have the right to be fans (if this aint a joke, pls tell me it is)

What part of Kratos' character would ever imply he beats his kids? Even when he was tearing up Greece in Ares' name, he thought the world of his daughter.

Honestly, it's rather depressing that a chunk of the Greek fans are really just toxic people whose outlet character stopped being toxic.

You even get references to some of the less noteworthy crimes he committed.

At least to an extent, he sees people as people now, not obstacles or a means to revenge. He doesn't even kill Baldur until it was absolutely necessary.
At this point i dont think some greek saga fans have the right to be fans (if this aint a joke, pls tell me it is)
It's not a joke.

What part of Kratos' character would ever imply he beats his kids? Even when he was tearing up Greece in Ares' name, he thought the world of his daughter.

Honestly, it's rather depressing that a chunk of the Greek fans are really just toxic people whose outlet character stopped being toxic.
I should clarify, he didn't say Kratos should do (as if it's a good thing to hit kids), he said it's the kind of thing Kratos would do.

He's still wrong, and it's ******* weird.

I should clarify, he didn't say Kratos should do (as if it's a good thing to hit kids), he said it's the kind of thing Kratos would do.

He's still wrong, and it's ******* weird.
......? The same Kratos who abhors his past self and never got physical even when Atreus was at his worst? Wow.

The last thing Kratos would ever do is lay a finger on actual children.

He detests the ******* idea, and in the novel he was grossly appalled when he saw Medusa eating literal human infant stew, he quickly got reminded of his own child because of it.. After seeing that act he knew he would take immense pleasure in killing the Gorgon Queen, whether or not the Gods told him to (Which Aphrodite did indeed tell him to do).

Like, Kratos in GOW3 was at his absolute worst, but even then he would never think about ever treating Pandora harshly, a young lady in whom he saw his own daughter.

It's almost like people are forgetting what made the Greek games so great, and what the Norse games take inspiration from.

Greek Kratos always had regret and that bit of humanity in him, even in GOW3 when he was driven over the edge he saw a bit of his humanity in Pandora. Yet people call this Kratos a rage-induced maniac who cares for nothing else, which is simply not true.

He cared deeply for his wife and daughter. The latter of whom he abandoned in one of the hardest button mashfests in the entire series. He cared deeply for his mother, whom he was forced to kill due to Zeus's curse. He cared deeply for his brother, whom Thanatos killed. He cared for his Spartan brethren and the Last Spartan, both of whom died because of Zeus. A man can only take so much loss before he is utterly broken and driven over the edge like this.

Actually, I was misremembering. He strongly indicated that it's something Kratos should do.

If I'm being very generous, it's because he's thinking of GoW3 Kratos.
LMFAO, what even

Greek Kratos gave all the Greek Gods an out. He only wanted Zeus. But their arrogance prevented them from doing so, either they always attacked first to kill, or they had to rub it into Kratos's face and piss him off royally. Hercules is the biggest example of this. Sure, everything he said about Kratos being Zeus's favorite and whatnot was true, but that was kind of a dick move to tell it right in front of him who had just gotten betrayed by his own father regardless.

It astounds me just how much of the Greek World could've minded its own business and left Zeus to Kratos. Ironically, by not losing their weapons and/or souls to him, they'd have given Zeus an even better chance to live.

Actually, I was misremembering. He strongly indicated that it's something Kratos should do.

If I'm being very generous, it's because he's thinking of GoW3 Kratos.
I wish I could see the dislikes, cuz there's more people dunking on his ass in the comments than I remembered lol.

The point he made about it being ridiculous for Kratos to refuse a peace offering from Odin and then not want war, really showed that he didn't know what the **** he was talking about and didn't pay attention. That was one of the worse video game reviews I've ever seen.

I wish I could see the dislikes, cuz there's more people dunking on his ass in the comments than I remembered lol.

The point he made about it being ridiculous for Kratos to refuse a peace offering from Odin and then not want war, really showed that he didn't know what the **** he was talking about and didn't pay attention. That was one of the worse video game reviews I've ever seen.
It's almost as though Odin has given them no reason to trust him and that they've been dealing with the aftermath and consequences of his meddling in their lives for 3 years, on top of the fact that he despises going along with the whims of gods. Seriously, this guy is hilarious to take Odin at face value.

Back