• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

That'd be great. Curious if Calliope would ever manifest any abilities. Probably unlikely but they could probably spin it as the Power of Hope awakening her latent godhood or something similar.
I saw a fanart where she becomes a Goddess and uses a magic flute and reforged Blade of Olympus which is fun. I could see her being a Goddess of Love and Music (since mythical Calliope is one of the Muses).

Someone on Reddit brought up a theory of Kratos potentially returning to the Greek World to help fix the lands he destroyed, which would fit pretty well with his new role as a builder rather than destroyer. What do you guys think?
That would be cool, and it can be used for the basis of Rome Myth too
I hate how we never even got to really see her.

Apollo too. I wonder if he died off screen or something.
It's pretty odd too considering these two has a very major roles in IRL myth as well, as Apollo can be seen as Proto-Kratos (dude slayed a monsters that threatened the greek and got his power stripped by Zeus once)
Like imagine Kratos vs Apollo but in form of Rythm-like minigame due of Apollo being a god of culture, and Kratos vs Artemis with him chasing the moon out of sheer rage

Heck tho, Demeter and Dionysus are also a major gods yet has 0 role in GoW

Dionysius being a God of Madness would have been a pretty fitting fight in III considering how far gone Kratos was at the time. Apollo and Artemis could have even been an archer duo fight.

I how hote they don't have some spite or grudge agaisnt kratos (even though it is justified why they would do so) and see how much of a person he has changed, but i doubt that.

I how hote they don't have some spite or grudge agaisnt kratos (even though it is justified why they would do so) and see how much of a person he has changed, but i doubt that.
I wouldn't expect them to accept Kratos right off the bat, considering the last they saw of him, he was slaying Olympus and damning the world. They'd likely come around over time but I wouldn't expect a happy reunion.

I wouldn't expect them to accept Kratos right off the bat, considering the last they saw of him, he was slaying Olympus and damning the world. They'd likely come around over time but I wouldn't expect a happy reunion.
Which one will be the most stubborn to not change?

Dionysius being a God of Madness would have been a pretty fitting fight in III considering how far gone Kratos was at the time. Apollo and Artemis could have even been an archer duo fight.
That’s true, Dionysus could play havoc with our abilities, perhaps inverting controls and making us see illusions.

hera and Argus could be a good fight too (like how Smite uses them)

Which one will be the most stubborn to not change?
Unclear, since we never have any interaction with them.

Speaking of, it'd be interesting how Calliope would view her father if he were to return to Greece, since she's likely only been surrounded by people who knew him as the Bane of Olympus and Destroyer of Worlds.

I saw a fanart where she becomes a Goddess and uses a magic flute and reforged Blade of Olympus which is fun. I could see her being a Goddess of Love and Music (since mythical Calliope is one of the Muses).
ye mean this?
FP_rn7TaUAIh_uh

I know he made a controversial God of War 2018 review and that's about it. Didn't really watch it either.

His review wasn't as bad as the one we talked about earlier.

He made a lot of valid points. But his obsession with Doom eternal and comparing every game to it gets annoying

I need that imgur album of all the statements they're rivals in power lmao
There is only that one Codex scan I sent you LOL

And Kratos stating that with Freya, he can think of no other formidable ally, meaning she's easily one of the strongest people around.

There is only that one Codex scan I sent you LOL

And Kratos stating that with Freya, he can think of no other formidable ally, meaning she's easily one of the strongest people around.
Shut the **** up I found that scan first. The Freya thing I saw as well, it's also worth noting Mimir names her Odin's deadliest enemy so she probably upscales from Sigrun (who is > Baldur and could kill Odin potentially). Funnily Baldur could seemingly kill Freya and knocks her out in the novel but that's likely attributed to Odin's curse

So far looks like Energy Manipulation/Projection, Light Manipulation, Dimesnional Travel/Spatial Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, Creation, Summoning and Explosion Manipulation
Portal Creation as well maybe?

Portal Creation as well maybe?
Maybe. I think the issue is the Bifrost is so versatile but a lot of it's applications aren't used by certain characters (I think the best bet is a tabber with the Bifrost's powers and just mentioning which they've used in the tactics section)

Maybe. I think the issue is the Bifrost is so versatile but a lot of it's applications aren't used by certain characters (I think the best bet is a tabber with the Bifrost's powers and just mentioning which they've used in the tactics section)
Or... we just list the number of powers they've used with the Bifrost. We don't need to mention all of them.

But I agree, only Odin would get all the Bifrost powers imo since he's a master of basically all magic in the setting and is the only one we know who can bestow that ability unto others

Just a reddit thing (MGR vs GoW):

"The lightning thing is an outlier for sure and I think the WoG on it is pretty dubious. Didn't Kratos just overpower Atlas' fingers? And regardless how would be get a hit on the much faster Raiden, when one hit from Raiden would end it."

"WOG is below feats, and Kratos is explicitly not even an arrow timer consistently. He has no other showings even close to lightning timing. Thus outlier"

"The Ocean is where Ray is way more powerful mind you so its kind of hard to say. Chronos would just get beamed from a distance. With Hades it would be about the enviorment. I bet he could if he was smart but he could not tank that lasar.
Gaia has a shot but not if Ray isnt sand bagging. He can just back up and keep beaming.
I think Aries could do it.
But Raiden has a team of people in his head telling him what is dangerous and it takes a bit to work. Also uts a little out of character for Kratos to open with Medusa's head.

edit: Herc can damage Ray for sure but it is all about where they fight because he is not surviving that beam."

A funny thing to read, it might slowly take away my sanity but still fun nonetheless.

Just a reddit thing (MGR vs GoW):

"The lightning thing is an outlier for sure and I think the WoG on it is pretty dubious. Didn't Kratos just overpower Atlas' fingers? And regardless how would be get a hit on the much faster Raiden, when one hit from Raiden would end it."

"WOG is below feats, and Kratos is explicitly not even an arrow timer consistently. He has no other showings even close to lightning timing. Thus outlier"

"The Ocean is where Ray is way more powerful mind you so its kind of hard to say. Chronos would just get beamed from a distance. With Hades it would be about the enviorment. I bet he could if he was smart but he could not tank that lasar.
Gaia has a shot but not if Ray isnt sand bagging. He can just back up and keep beaming.
I think Aries could do it.
But Raiden has a team of people in his head telling him what is dangerous and it takes a bit to work. Also uts a little out of character for Kratos to open with Medusa's head.

edit: Herc can damage Ray for sure but it is all about where they fight because he is not surviving that beam."

A funny thing to read, it might slowly take away my sanity but still fun nonetheless.
LMFAO we have Hypersonic Harpies travelling from Rhodes to Etna in under 5 minutes, multiple instances of Kratos shooting Zeus's lightning bolts and parrying Zeus's bolts in GOW2, nevermind the fact that a literal speed-of-light dash attack exists in the Ascension multiplayer which is essentially a nerfed version of Zeus's own dash (Kratos being superior to said dash). WoG being "dubious" is just them huffing on the copium, heck we wouldn't even neeed to use WoG if idiots like these actually took the source material at face value: WoG is literally there to clarify shit that already exists within the actual source material, like the games, comic books, the interviews, the guidebooks and artbooks. Oh, let's not forget the Primordial War, where beings literally have a universe stored in their chin.

Like, just the novels alone would tell you just how crazy powerful the Olympians and Titans are while they massively hold back. Poseidon shakes the world just by raising his fist, Ares shakes the world and the heavens above with his roar, and even Zeus shakes the foundations of the Greek World with his voice as well. Hell, the Great War literally forged the landscape of the Mortal World all the way from Tartarus. Even Atlas outright states that Kratos has the power to quake the entire world on a whim.

And it absolutely isn't out of character for Kratos to start with hax right off the gate if Ascension is anything to go by.

LMFAO we have Hypersonic Harpies travelling from Rhodes to Etna in under 5 minutes, multiple instances of Kratos shooting Zeus's lightning bolts and parrying Zeus's bolts in GOW2, nevermind the fact that a literal speed-of-light dash attack exists in the Ascension multiplayer which is essentially a nerfed version of Zeus's own dash (Kratos being superior to said dash). WoG being "dubious" is just them huffing on the copium, heck we wouldn't even neeed to use WoG if idiots like these actually took the source material at face value: WoG is literally there to clarify shit that already exists within the actual source material, like the games, comic books, the interviews, the guidebooks and artbooks. Oh, let's not forget the Primordial War, where beings literally have a universe stored in their chin.

Like, just the novels alone would tell you just how crazy powerful the Olympians and Titans are while they massively hold back. Poseidon shakes the world just by raising his fist, Ares shakes the world and the heavens above with his roar, and even Zeus shakes the foundations of the Greek World with his voice as well. Hell, the Great War literally forged the landscape of the Mortal World all the way from Tartarus. Even Atlas outright states that Kratos has the power to quake the entire world on a whim.

And it absolutely isn't out of character for Kratos to start with hax right off the gate if Ascension is anything to go by.
I also like how Kratos dodging Zeus' lightning bolts is dissmised as game mechanics by most people on reddit.

Reddit is delusional , remember the argument that Kratos is low superhuman speed when a harpie ascended mount Olympus in seconds and a pegasus went from etna to rhodes in minutes.

Back