• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Yes, that's "Spartan Rage" Kratos, which stomps his opponents, not base Norse Kratos.
No, his "other" rage is very much different from "Spartan Rage", Thor calls Spartan Rage as something that finally got the fight a little interesting, but it's nowhere near the might of the punch that Kratos landed on Thor to knock out his teeth, that's the punch that made Thor finally realize the true might of the God of War's strength and he called it off then and there, because Kratos had earned his respect by showing his true strength.

MARVEL gave it to ya above in the codex page.

Contradicted by Bruno's tweet, countless other Sony Blogs where it states he was super rusty and was slowly awakening his true hidden power, same thing stated by Eric Williams. Cory's good with the lore, but bad with the powerscaling aspects. That's where Bruno and Eric come in.
TBH I think he's referring to Norse Kratos after having awakened his powers properly

I really feel like Kratos' rage mode in the Norse games is no more than Kratos base rage all throughout GoW3.

Probably just headcanon but it would make sense.

His anger was at its peak in GoW3.

Would either Kratos vs Marvel Thor (using only his 2-C stuff) or Kratos vs Kirby (who's also a 2-C) be good match-ups?

I really feel like Kratos' rage mode in the Norse games is no more than Kratos base rage all throughout GoW3.

Probably just headcanon but it would make sense.

His anger was at its peak in GoW3.

I see why someone would think that but Spartan Rage is not the same as for example when Kratos lost his shit against Thor for a second or when he started losing himself against Heimdall.

It also doesen't help that the old games had a rage mechanic just like Spartan Rage in 2018 and Ragnarok.

Kirby's way too haxed for most 2-Cs to handle
How?

Like seriously, I've been a massive Kirby fan for nearly 8 years (aka, 40% of my life), and the best hax he has from what I can tell is a bit of mind control and transmutation.

He's a powerhouse and a tank, but for some reason that is beyond me this site views him as some sort of hax lord.

Did Thor fight Surtr in Ragnarok? Why does the profile say that he fought evenly with him when it required both Odin and Thor to take him down in the giant prophecies?

Did Thor fight Surtr in Ragnarok? Why does the profile say that he fought evenly with him when it required both Odin and Thor to take him down in the giant prophecies?
Well it is stated in the game that Ragnarok was not at full power and was basically unfinished beacuse it requires Surtr and Sinmara to combine but that did not happen.

Well it is stated in the game that Ragnarok was not at full power and was basically unfinished beacuse it requires Surtr and Sinmara to combine but that did not happen.
It didn't require them anymore because Kratos had infused the power of Surtr into Sinmara's heart, bypassing that entirely to obtain the full might of Ragnarok.

Which visibly explains why Surtr had been trying to forge a sword to save Sinmara, but it seemed that they would have to combine to become Ragnarok. Until Kratos arrived.

Last edited:
He has like a thousand abilities, but none asides from like Time-stopping and mind-control and his ability to come back from death via Ghost Kirby are that haxxy imo
Besides time and mind shit the dude can transmute anything he swallows (And if they don't get transmuted then they're still stuck in a pocket dimension), steal and use the powers of others (Or just copy them), duplicate himself, possess others, and force others to sleep among a few others. He's not crazy haxed but he's got a decent chunk of really good abilities.

Back