• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I noticed a cool detail in the Heimdall fight.

Just before Kratos landed his first right hook, he led with a jab with his left but instead of completing the jab he instead opened his hand and grabbed Heimdall's right arm, thus leaving him open for that hook that cut his cheek.

Kratos faked out Heimdall's precog lol

I noticed a cool detail in the Heimdall fight.

Just before Kratos landed his first right hook, he led with a jab with his left but instead of completing the jab he instead opened his hand and grabbed Heimdall's right arm, thus leaving him open for that hook that cut his cheek.

Kratos faked out Heimdall's precog lol
You'd think Heimdall would read through that and duck underneath the right hook but he didn't LOL

There's a reason Zeus never saw Kratos killing the Sisters because of this LOL, not even the Three Kings could see his future. Ares didn't hype Kratos up to be the perfect warrior without good reason.

Kratos's greatest asset is his sheer versatility with any kind of weapon and fighting skill, it's literally the only reason he won against Zeus in a match of blow-for-blow equals. Heck, he defeated Ares with nothing but a big-ass sword even after being stripped of his magic and having nothing against the God of War's cosmic awareness of all past and future wars.

Okay. There is an Art of God of War Ragnarok artbook that does have text and lore but that version isn't the one that came in the Collector's edition of Ragnarok for whatever reason.

Fifl6OTWQAEsK7O

I could only find this and a few other scans that don't say anything worth reading when it comes to scaling, feats, or hax but it's nice to know there is still potential to find more stuff.

Okay. There is an Art of God of War Ragnarok artbook that does have text and lore but that version isn't the one that came in the Collector's edition of Ragnarok for whatever reason.

Fifl6OTWQAEsK7O

I could only find this and a few other scans that don't say anything worth reading when it comes to scaling, feats, or hax but it's nice to know there is still potential to find more stuff.
Speaking of art books is there any way to access The art of God of War III and Ascension books?

also hate that GoW III has no novel. I imagine some descriptions regarding power of Hope and Fear would be insane. And it would probably have some impressive feats and some good statements about the power of the Gods as in that game Kratos fights most of the Olympians.
Be good to expand on Hera and Hercules as well, we know very little about them in the God of War universe
Or with Odin's influence, Sinmarra would still be a fight initially. Kratos and Atreus seek her out to use her primordial Ice and love to calm down Surtr's burning of the world tree. Kratos could then convince her he has a way to stop Surtr's rampage but he would need to use her ice to create an opening that would allow him to absorb the primordial fire back into the blades. Then the perfect merge stuff happens. Maybe Sinmarra could imbue the Leviathan Axe with Primordial ice to give it the ultimate edge over Mjolnir. That would make the quest not feel like a side tangent, show more of Kratos' positive character, and would upgrade the Leviathan Axe's gameplay.
I feel Sinmara as a post game fight would be cool, perhaps involving a quest or favour

I’m also surprised that we never got characters like Vidarr or Hodr as boss fights, imo they’d be pretty good choices for fights. Vidarr could be like this slasher villain with incredible strength and recuperation (perhaps taking nores from MKX Jason) with Hodr as a kind of anti Heimdall. Someone who’s blind but fights with patience, skill and magicks like a Viking Kenshi (Perhaps his use of the Bifrost could be built around creating mines and fields with negative effects) , maybe as part of a tag team fight against Heimdall. A Kratos fight in Helheim would also be sick, perhaps as part of our efforts to get the Army of the Damned on our side, a final test of our skills and a refutation of the man Kratos once was (also be nice to get confirmation of the Norse upscale lmao)

really would love to see a version of the Fear Kratos fight brought over to the current combat style, like imagine having to use the shield to counter strikes from the Cestus or maybe recreating the “cinematic counter” from Baldur’s fights when he uses the Hyperion Ram. Maybe we even use the spear to counter the rage of a Kratos wielding the Blade of Olympus, or have to dodge the artillery fire from the Bow of Apollo

Last edited:
There is also these Field Note collabs with God of War. I'm not entirely sure what to make of these besides them being small note books that are empty but if you look at their practicle application section where it list off things to put in the note book they name things unique to the realm and some stuff I don't think is in the games. For instance, the Helheim one has a Time Dilation section, Musepelheim one has a Primordial Nexus section, Niflheim has a Ymir Thoughts and Ginnungagap Ponderings section. I think these sections are actually empty in the book and named that way for fluff notebook stuff to put down but I wanted to point it out anyway.

I think those are just empty notebooks like the ones you find at stationary stores TBF

Also 1) Should Odin and Freya scale to the Revenants folding layers of reality or being able to resist that corruption? And 2) Is the Ragnarok artbook out yet?

Be good to expand on Hera and Hercules as well, we know very little about them in the God of War universe
I agree. Hera is pretty much every demigod's enemy in Greek Myth, she definitely should have played a bigger role. And I'd like to see Hercules relationship with Kratos prior to GOW3, he also killed his own family and I imagine Kratos bonded with him over that.

Kratos seemed to show fondness for him, and didn't want to kill him. I wish that more was done with him
I’m also surprised that we never got characters like Vidarr or Hodr as boss fights, imo they’d be pretty good choices for fights. Vidarr could be like this slasher villain with incredible strength and recuperation (perhaps taking nores from MKX Jason) with Hodr as a kind of anti Heimdall. Someone who’s blind but fights with patience, skill and magicks like a Viking Kenshi (Perhaps his use of the Bifrost could be built around creating mines and fields with negative effects) , maybe as part of a tag team fight against Heimdall. A Kratos fight in Helheim would also be sick, perhaps as part of our efforts to get the Army of the Damned on our side, a final test of our skills and a refutation of the man Kratos once was (also be nice to get confirmation of the Norse upscale lmao)
I said this earlier too. Vidarr is literally the God of vengeance and is stronger than Odin, Kills Fenrir to Avenge him, and survives Ragnarok.

How ******* sick is that? In the game he's just some random dude sitting on a bench 🤦‍♂️

He could have been a post game fight like Sigrun and Gna.

Hodr would have been cool too. He could have been a mix of Kenshi and Sub Zero seeing as he is a god of winter. I'd have it where wherever he goes the environment becomes a icy terrain.
really would love to see a version of the Fear Kratos fight brought over to the current combat style, like imagine having to use the shield to counter strikes from the Cestus or maybe recreating the “cinematic counter” from Baldur’s fights when he uses the Hyperion Ram. Maybe we even use the spear to counter the rage of a Kratos wielding the Blade of Olympus, or have to dodge the artillery fire from the Bow of Apollo
That would be cool too. That, and Kratos repairing his old equipment

I agree. Hera is pretty much every demigod's enemy in Greek Myth, she definitely should have played a bigger role. And I'd like to see Hercules relationship with Kratos prior to GOW3, he also killed his own family and I imagine Kratos bonded with him over that.
Agreed, it's great potential to delve into the myths while also telling a story about characters (Like why is Hera so grief stricken? Why the alcoholism?) and Hercules even more so, I've long suspected he's like Thor in the sense he's long struggled to earn his father's attention but hes never quite received it. Maybe that's why the Lion is the only labour Hercules deems as worthy, it's the only one we know got Zeus' attention (since that's when he bestowed the Cestus). Either way, I really hope we get expansion of Hercules someday, like I wouldn't mind the God of War series making him a larger nemesis
I said this earlier too. Vidarr is literally the God of vengeance and is stronger than Odin, Kills Fenrir to Avenge him, and survives Ragnarok.

How ******* sick is that? In the game he's just some random dude sitting on a bench 🤦‍♂️

He could have been a post game fight like Sigrun and Gna.
Agreed, there's insane potential there and it could continue the themes of familial abuse. Odin grooming his own son to be just a weapon his horrifying and we could see that compared to Thor. I imagine Vidarr to be like this Viking Doom Slayer, a silent wretch that basically has nothing but fury and hatred in his bones. Maybe build upon his experimentation with the Bifrost, turning his own son into an inhuman monster with a combination of Bifrost, Seidr magic, and far worse concotions. Maybe that could be why Tyr had so little to do with Odin (since isn't he Odin's son?) or why Baldur seems to resent him and Thor
Hodr would have been cool too. He could have been a mix of Kenshi and Sub Zero seeing as he is a god of winter. I'd have it where wherever he goes the environment becomes a icy terrain.

That would be cool too. That, and Kratos repairing his old equipment
That would be cool, perhaps he can actually use some of Baldur's old attacks, or maybe even be able to hijack your icey runic attacks. Stuff like that or teleporting into mist and creating environmental hazards could be really cool

I'm admittedly more disappointed about Forseti though, he's son of Baldur and Grandson to Odin and Freya. How the hell does he not come up? Dude would be an iconic boss fight, perhaps using Light (Both Bifrost and otherwise) to conjure weapons and using the power of his voice to counter your magic attacks, maybe even give him a Golden Axe. He'd also be a really fun character to meet, have Kratos and Freya reconcile with him and have that be part of the forgiveness theme. Maybe he has a quest involving Baldur in Heilheim?

Back