• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

the gripes I have with the game can honestly be just contributed to two things

one ending the Norse saga in 2 games not letting any of the characters like odin or thor truly develop like the Greek days
and two listening to darksidephill and making the characters spam tutorial level hints every 10 ******* seconds

I am currently on the part where they saved Freyr with the flying boat thing and the big sword guy did a “sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, and sing for the tear
Sing it with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away”
moment

Any interesting things coming that aren't too spoilerly?

Ah. Personally, I found him charming but I can see how he'd be rubbing off people wrong.
Freyr is hysterical
I mean, which is far more impressive? Stalemating Mjolnir or holding back a giant sword that was about to kill off Asgard along with Kratos, Mimir, Atreus, Freya and Freyr in one fell swoop?
eh both are worth noting

the gripes I have with the game can honestly be just contributed to two things

one ending the Norse saga in 2 games not letting any of the characters like odin or thor truly develop like the Greek days
and two listening to darksidephill and making the characters spam tutorial level hints every 10 ******* seconds
Not just Norse Gods, but creatures and locations. So much cool shit is missing. Greek Saga showed most of the major locations and creatures from Greek Mythology.

I am also shocked Odin never had Sleipnir with him. They even teased that by literally showing Sleipnir in every mural Odin was in. I am gonna guess it was time constraints.

Last edited:
That I also agreed with.

Although I'd say move rather than remove. That scene represented Kratos' growth, and a lot would have been lost by removing it.
Like I said it would have been better timed if they had done that right after the wall had come down instead of in the middle of the fight where you can literally see Jorm and Ragnarok in the background either playing the same fighting animation over and over or Just staring awkwardly at the wall

Yep, I was misremembering. It's a very popular side quest from the post-game.

If anything, that makes it even more egregious that this person forgot.
Yeah it's the conversation about Freya being a Valkyrie after you beat Sigrun.

The same dude made a shitty review of Doom eternal and it's The ancient gods DLC and got shat on hard for it.

This one was worse than that, honestly.

The same dude made a shitty review of Doom eternal and it's The ancient gods DLC and got shat on hard for it.

This one was worse than that, honestly.
Yea, the UI in 2018 is leagues better. The one in Ragnarok feels like it was from a 2010 game though I don't know if that's what they were going for.
However the crafting system is Mega Based. I thought it was gonna be shit but it turned out even better than 2018. I was actually able to upgrade my shit at every sindri checkpoint instead of having materials for 3 different things none of which I want and not having enough hacksilver or the right materials for the things I do want.
Upgraded weapons' still looked better in 2018 tho

I saw that one too lol and plenty of others like it.

I do think that Norse Kratos could beat Greek Kratos tho. Remember Kratos resists his own Hax

Speaking of, I always wonder what Gaia's plan was without Kratos, after the latter fell into the Underworld.

Like, Poseidon alone grew enough in strength that he went from needing to tag team Atlas with Hades to soloing half the Titan army singlehandedly. Zeus would've taken down the entirety of the Titans with one swing alone from the Blade of Olympus and he's likely grown just as much as Poseidon has since the Great War.

I just find it funny that she saw Kratos as a means to an end that can be discarded at will, despite him doing what he's done.

Wonder what would've happened with Kratos if Fear Zeus never manifested after the latter was stabbed?

I know the Sisters of Fate are primordials and therefore existed before time in the Greek setting but isn't creating the Threads of Fate an immeasurable feat since they span all life and time and they weave the threads?
Could just be a range feat honestly.

I saw that one too lol and plenty of others like it.

I do think that Norse Kratos could beat Greek Kratos tho.
Unlikely, Greek Kratos's AD is far more busted than his Norse self, Norse Kratos could never hope to cover that gap fast enough to land a win.

Remember Kratos resists his own Hax
He does, but his AD and RE aren't up to snuff as his Greek counterpart, plus he's still rusty on a lot of his shit, not to mention the lack of versatility on his side without over-reliance on enchantments, runes and other weaponry due to having lost most of his hax when he committed sudoku.

Wouldn't he eventually give up on that after he fails to make it permanent multiple times?
He would but then Athena would remind him of what he has inside, then it would inadvertently trigger Hope itself, Kratos chooses to sudoku himself instead of giving the power to Athena and then things play out as they should. Cursed with eternal life, to never die.

the devs said that ragnarok will be the last in the norse saga
where do we go next? don't know really
it'd be pretty neat if we went to the hindu's cuse that could net some pretty nuts scaling but egypt is the more likely option due to popularity
Hinduism will atleast make Gow low 1c, if they include Parabrahman. Spicy Haxs, aswell. But, its unlikely, since Hinduism has a lot of followers. Me being one of them

Though, they could possibly do the Chinese Mythology, and that will possibly give Gow a good scaling too. Idk much abt it tho.

Hinduism will atleast make Gow low 1c, if they include Parabrahman. Spicy Haxs, aswell. But, its unlikely, since Hinduism has a lot of followers. Me being one of them

Though, they could possibly do the Chinese Mythology, and that will possibly give Gow a good scaling too. Idk much abt it tho.
To be fair, it largely depends more on possible reception than religious followings (we have several parodies of the major religions in media after all). The Arabian stuff would he problematic but maybe not Hinduism. Idk, maybe this is just me really wanting to fight or meet Shiva.

Chinese mythology or Taoism would be pretty neat. I know the Jade Emperor would be a cool opponent to fight.

To be fair, it largely depends more on possible reception than religious followings (we have several parodies of the major religions in media after all). The Arabian stuff would he problematic but maybe not Hinduism. Idk, maybe this is just me really wanting to fight or meet Shiva.

Chinese mythology or Taoism would be pretty neat. I know the Jade Emperor would be a cool opponent to fight.
I am pretty sure, people would not like that. It has rather to do with how they implement it. Maybe they could Implement Kratos in the war of Kalyug. Maybe Indra sees Kratos as a threat and attempts to kill him.

Hindusim would kind of dwarf Norse and Greek, due to it having infinite universe in multiple additions of the text, with Parabrahman ( the trinity's true form ) seeing it as merely a illusion.

Kratos would have no reason to actually interact with the trinity, unless he starts going on a rampage to kill all Gods, which we know is not likely.

+ Me as a follower would be kind of offended to see Gods being killed by Kratos, even if i put rationality before belief. And, I'd actually like to play Gow and not have it bonked in India.

Back