• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Wonder what happen to Aprhodite after the fall of Olympus, hoping that she's survive since she's the only god that didn't got corrupted (yes i'm aware that her IRL myth stuffs made her looks like a b***h, but nowhere very atrocious compared to the others)

Wonder what happen to Aprhodite after the fall of Olympus, hoping that she's survive since she's the only god that didn't got corrupted (yes i'm aware that her IRL myth stuffs made her looks like a b***h, but nowhere very atrocious compared to the others)
Wasn't she corrupted by like Vanity or Lust? She was far more focused and noble minded prior to defeating Ares and now cares for little more than her own pleasure.

Pretty sure almost every Olympian got corrupted, including Aphrodite.

Apparently the entire Olympus gets destroyed at the end. Aphrodite's fate is unknown. I am just going to assume she died considering how weak she is compared to other Olympians.

Last edited:
Wasn't she corrupted by like Vanity or Lust? She was far more focused and noble minded prior to defeating Ares and now cares for little more than her own pleasure.
Tbh my girl seems to have always been that way
Her fate is unknown, as is Apollo's. Perhaps she died with the destruction of Olympus.
and Artemis. We have no accounting for those Gods, Enyo, Phobos and Amphitre are also unaccounted for by the Fall of Olympus

Also I found some stuff, Vanir magic can reverse the Corruption Odin inflicted upon the Valkyries, so Freya, Odin and other Seidr users of comparable skill are afforded that ability.

Kratos also has a shield allowing him the same, purifying himself of a status effect (Fire, Frost, Poison or Bifrost) and allow him to reverse its effects upon another

I think if the Norse was a trilogy Ragnarok, meaning the 2nd game, could've ended at the sequence after Kratos and Atreus finally united the realms and use Gjallarhorn. Brok's funeral would remain a post-credit sequence. Heimdall could've been the final boss for the second game with a revamped and more epic fight than the one in Ragnarok and Kratos killing him even more brutally making that a self-reflect arc to be explored in the third Norse game. The third game would have all the realms besides Asgard being destroyed by war. Since Gjallarhorn was used realm travel between all realms is now synchronized making travel between them even easier for everyone. Odin completely shuts out Asgard and hides Asgard in a similar way Tyr did to Jotunheim, preventing Ragnarok from reaching Asgard and its branch on the Yggdrasil so the goal is to open a way to Asgard. Sindri, Thor, Odin, Hrist, Mist, Surtr, and Ragnarok could be the main bosses. Thor, Odin, Hrist and Mist would all have revamped and more epic fights. Surtr would be a boss initially because he is upset that Atreus and Kratos started Ragnarok which would mean the death of his lover until Surtr or Kratos suggest using the Blades of Chaos as an alternative. Ragnarok would be the final boss of the game as it goes mad due to using the Blades of Chaos Primordial fire instead of Sinmarra who has Surtr's heart, corrupting Surtr into going on a rage-filled killing spree that attempts to destroy the entire Yggdrasil. Kratos doesn't kill Ragnarok but takes back the primordial fire Surtr used to transform into Ragnarok because he knows his blades were the cause and knows it's the way to fix his mistake on the realms and risk on Surtr's life. Sindri shows how much of a threat he could be when angered and creates a powerful shield capable of withstanding blows from the Leviathan Axe and Mjolnir that can reflect the damage back to his opponent, giving Kratos and Atreus some trouble as he perfects the shield more and more with each encounter but ultimately he comes around because he doesn't truly hate them or something.

Last edited:
I think if the Norse was a trilogy Ragnarok, meaning the 2nd game, could've ended at the sequence after Kratos and Atreus finally united the realms and use Gjallarhorn. Brok's funeral would remain a post-credit sequence. Heimdall could've been the final boss for the second game with a revamped and more epic fight than the one in Ragnarok and Kratos killing him even more brutally making that a self-reflect arc to be explored in the third Norse game. The third game would have all the realms besides Asgard being destroyed by war. Since Gjallarhorn was used realm travel between all realms is now synchronized making travel between them even easier for everyone. Odin completely shuts out Asgard and hides Asgard in a similar way Tyr did to Jotunheim, preventing Ragnarok from reaching Asgard and its branch on the Yggdrasil so the goal is to open a way to Asgard. Sindri, Thor, Odin, Hrist, Mist, Surtr, and Ragnarok could be the main bosses. Thor, Odin, Hrist and Mist would all have revamped and more epic fights. Surtr would be a boss initially because he is upset that Atreus and Kratos started Ragnarok which would mean the death of his lover until Surtr or Kratos suggest using the Blades of Chaos as an alternative. Ragnarok would be the final boss of the game as it goes mad due to using the Blades of Chaos Primordial fire instead of Sinmarra who has Surtr's heart, corrupting Surtr into going on a rage-filled killing spree that attempts to destroy the entire Yggdrasil. Kratos doesn't kill Ragnarok but takes back the primordial fire Surtr used to transform into Ragnarok because he knows his blades were the cause and knows it's the way to fix his mistake on the realms and risk on Surtr's life. Sindri shows how much of a threat he could be when angered and creates a powerful shield capable of withstanding blows from the Leviathan Axe and Mjolnir that can reflect the damage back to his opponent, giving Kratos and Atreus some trouble as he perfects the shield more and more with each encounter but ultimately he comes around because he doesn't truly hate them or something.
I'll add that Sinmarra could be a boss too. Odin could use her anger towards the one who "sent Surtr towards his death and made him crazy" (Kratos) and have her fight him. But with this interpretation, I feel it would be better if Surtr isn't the final boss and Surtr and Sinmarra become a perfect merge that destroys Asgard in the end and they both live together as Ragnarok. Surtr after Kratos take back the primordial fire would be the one to calm Sinmarra's hatred for Kratos.

I'll add that Sinmarra could be a boss too. Odin could use her anger towards the one who "sent Surtr towards his death and made him crazy" (Kratos) and have her fight him. But with this interpretation, I feel it would be better if Surtr isn't the final boss and Surtr and Sinmarra become a perfect merge that destroys Asgard in the end and they both live together as Ragnarok. Surtr after Kratos take back the primordial fire would be the one to calm Sinmarra's hatred for Kratos.
Or with Odin's influence, Sinmarra would still be a fight initially. Kratos and Atreus seek her out to use her primordial Ice and love to calm down Surtr's burning of the world tree. Kratos could then convince her he has a way to stop Surtr's rampage but he would need to use her ice to create an opening that would allow him to absorb the primordial fire back into the blades. Then the perfect merge stuff happens. Maybe Sinmarra could imbue the Leviathan Axe with Primordial ice to give it the ultimate edge over Mjolnir. That would make the quest not feel like a side tangent, show more of Kratos' positive character, and would upgrade the Leviathan Axe's gameplay.

Last edited:
Please do.

Thats likely, as there are just too many loose ends. Who was the hooded woman that commanded the wolves that brought Kratos to Midgard? Why didn't Kratos remark that in Ragnarok?

Bro those statements are actually awful, I pity the equal interpretation arguments y’all must’ve had to deal with 😭

Or a novel. Give us a novel pleeeeaaase.
Yeah, that would be really good. We could probably get some juicy statements.

I also hate that GoW III has no novel. I imagine some descriptions regarding power of Hope and Fear would be insane. And it would probably have some impressive feats and some good statements about the power of the Gods as in that game Kratos fights most of the Olympians.

Back