• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Bruh yes, lmfao.
I've never got this. Kratos has changed and matured after his rampage across the Greek World. He's not the same person he was, he's gotten better. He's a good father, a trustworthy ally and friend, and someone who learns from his mistakes and tries to spare innocent life when he can. That's a good thing. If they really wanted him to be a toxic, rage filled monster to everyone around him then that says more about them than Kratos.

I don't know why your so sure he's fat considering that both of us can't prove either points.

Your free to envision your version as Eddie Hall, But my version has the godly physique of a marathon runner and a master bodybuilder combined
never said he was
just said we don't know one way or the other
he wasn't well described in the old myths

plus considering bodybuilders didn't really exist back than the best you would be getting for thor is like this
i

considering performance enhancers didn't really exist back than

plus considering bodybuilders didn't really exist back than the best you would be getting for thor is like this
i

considering performance enhancers didn't really exist back than
Pretty much this. I dunno why people expect a fit Norseman to look like he knows about performance enhancement or willing dehydration etc. Even if he isn't very chunky, you're unlikely to have him with a six pack or body builder physique.

I remember the controversy around Angrboda when she was first revealed and then that one dude on twitter changed her race. Shit was wild.
Yeah, there was even a fanart lmao
the only actual descriptions we got of thor is " he got a red beard, he big" that's it
i

this type of stuff only came after Christianity
yep, ties into Wagner dramatisations

The blonder surfer bro above is a perfect depiction of a large red-head man with a beard???
Better then him being fat.
And don't you say "It's all muscle like muh Eddie Hall"
We literally see his fat jiggle throughout his fights with Kratos. Even his idle walking animation makes it apparent that his fat jiggles

This​

NINTCHDBPICT000630263411.jpg

Vs This​

thor.png

Im not saying it's horrible but they could have done WAAAYYYY better

We literally see his fat jiggle throughout his fights with Kratos. Even his idle walking animation makes it apparent that his fat jiggles

This​

Vs This​

thor.png
I mean, I'm not really losing sleep over him being fat lol. It grew on me. As for combat realism and such well, the twiggy Baldur could create a canyon with just a shoving match even disregarding Tier 2 shenanigans so that's not much of an issue for me either.

Edit: c-h-o-n-k-y is a banned word???

I mean, I'm not really losing sleep over him being fat lol. It grew on me. As for combat realism and such well, the twiggy Baldur could create a canyon with just a shoving match even disregarding Tier 2 shenanigans so that's not much of an issue for me either.

Edit: c-h-o-n-k-y is a banned word???
Yea it's not horrible but it just sucks knowing they could have done better (Looks at Hades)

This​

Vs This​

thor.png

Im not saying it's horrible but they could have done WAAAYYYY better
Honestly preferred the latter

Whatever became of those guys? Obviously the "woke pandering" claims were BS but I'm curious how they'll spin that.
They shut up
Yeah but I'm happy with what we got.

For Hades yeah, Mr. Krabs really let himself go.
tbh Hades was fire design wise
yeah looks cool but contradicts what the character actually looked like with ya know "a mountain of a man with a huge red beard"
tbh only the red beard is shown plainly

As expected.
True
Oh, it was. Grossly inaccurate but one of those where it's a good thing.
Indeed, really memorable look
Not my favourite (that would be the one we see in the video game Hades) but it’s a dope design and has great personality

Also, Birgir was a Traveller right? Would that imply the other Travellers are possibly divine as well? It might make them being so strong a lot more reasonable (perhaps “at most 2-C”)

I've never got this. Kratos has changed and matured after his rampage across the Greek World. He's not the same person he was, he's gotten better. He's a good father, a trustworthy ally and friend, and someone who learns from his mistakes and tries to spare innocent life when he can. That's a good thing. If they really wanted him to be a toxic, rage filled monster to everyone around him then that says more about them than Kratos.
Yeah this is one of those Right wing Anti SJW channels, so that explains a lot. He bitched about Kratos not Killing Freya cuz "token Strong female character must live" and pretty much complained about her being a well liked character.

Not understanding that Kratos himself literally explains that he holds her dear to him, and that he never wanted to hurt her because she saved Atreus' life. "StOnnGG FeMAllE LeAdD" waahhh.

JFC, bro. Did you even play the last game?

Have you ever actually had someone do anything nice for you and treat you as a friend?

That's how Kratos feels. How you get "woke ********" outta that is insane.

I watched the video, and it's not quite as bad as I thought (barring the obvious anti-SJW and race stuff). But it's still not good.

The shit about Freya is the worst by far because it's just 'strong woman = feminist'. Freya's not strong because she's a woman, she's literally the literally the leader of the Vanir, who are direct rivals to the Aesir.

Like they mention multiple times in the last game that Odin, who was in awe at her Vanir magic (plus he had to use Vanir magic to curse her while she was off guard), made her queen of the Valkyries. There's even a whole DLC dedicated to that, and Mimir says she was looking for her wings at the end of GoW 2018.

If anything, Freya should be more powerful because Sigrún and Baldur were about equal to Kratos.

That's not to mention how dumb the 'Kratos would kill a friend' logic is.

Edit: On second thought, the worst part was his stance on Kratos bitch slapping Atreus.

Last edited:
I watched the video, and it's not quite as bad as I thought (barring the obvious anti-SJW and race stuff). But it's still not good.

The shit about Freya is the worst by far because it's just 'strong woman = feminist'. Freya's not strong because she's a woman, she's literally the literally the leader of the Vanir, who are direct rivals to the Aesir.

Like they mention multiple times in the last game that Odin, who was in awe at her Vanir magic (plus he had to use Vanir magic to curse her while she was off guard), made her queen of the Valkyries. There's even a whole DLC dedicated to that, and Mimir says she was looking for her wings at the end of GoW 2018.

If anything, Freya should be more powerful because Sigrún and Baldur were about equal to Kratos.

That's not to mention how dumb the 'Kratos would kill a friend' logic is.

Edit: On second thought, the worst part was his stance on Kratos bitch slapping Atreus.
Yeah that shit was painful. He literally ignored important details like that to make up some false scenario. It's also the victimhood these channels like to have that annoys me. He said something like "you can't dislike the gryla boss fight and Angroboda section and think they were boring or you'd get called racist". What? Lmao. ******* no one is calling you racist for that.

I will be fair to dude and say that he did say like 2 or 3 things that I agreed with, but that's it lol. He focused more on trying to make a case from modern political pundit talk.

The Thor simplification also was pretty crazy.

He's not a fat drunk sloppy depressed bastard because "he wants his daddy luuuuuvvve"

He's a fat drunk sloppy depressed bastard because he's constantly forced to commit atrocities. Against his own kind.

People in real life turn to drugs, alcohol, and excessive eating after traumatic life experiences.

He's a mirror of Kratos.

Why the **** do you think Kratos never smiles and the first scene in the series is him literally trying to kill himself?

Another one that stupid, is him complaining about "heart to heart moments" while Ragnarok is happening, while said scene he's complaining about is literally the scene where Kratos admits he's wrong about the suffering of others, right when they discover the innocent people Odin left to die, and if they go through those people would get killed.

Yeah that shit was painful. He literally ignored important details like that to make up some false scenario. It's also the victimhood these channels like to have that annoys me. He said something like "you can't dislike the gryla boss fight and Angroboda section and think they were boring or you'd get called racist". What? Lmao. ******* no one is calling you racist for that.

I will be fair to dude and say that he did say like 2 or 3 things that I agreed with, but that's it lol. He focused more on trying to make a case from modern political pundit talk.

The Thor simplification also was pretty crazy.

He's not a fat drunk sloppy depressed bastard because "he wants his daddy luuuuuvvve"

He's a fat drunk sloppy depressed bastard because he's constantly forced to commit atrocities. Against his own kind.

People in real life turn to drugs, alcohol, and excessive eating after traumatic life experiences.

He's a mirror of Kratos.

Why the **** do you think Kratos never smiles and the first scene in the series is him literally trying to kill himself?

Another one that stupid, is him complaining about "heart to heart moments" while Ragnarok is happening, while said scene he's complaining about is literally the scene where Kratos admits he's wrong about the suffering of others, right when they discover the innocent people Odin left to die, and if they go through those people would get killed.
Devil's advocate here, I absolutely agree with him about having heart to heart moments in the middle of the ******* war to end all wars, completely unnecessary you could remove that scene entirely and lose nothing. And if your absolutely insistent on it staying then do it after the wall was torn down. It would be a much better time for a brief respite before entering Asguard itself for the final battle.

Also the Angroboda section was absolute agony. I don't care about her race but the only reason she exists is to be a plot device and a love interest. A love interest is something I really didn't feel was needed in an already massive overarching story with tons of things going on. Leave that for another game because in this game it comes off as shallow and on the nose.

I like how they humanized Thor though, even if I don't like his design. Really wish they didn't kill him off like nothing

Devil's advocate here, I absolutely agree with him about having heart to heart moments in the middle of the ******* war to end all wars, completely unnecessary you could remove that scene entirely and lose nothing. And if your absolutely insistent on it staying then do it after the wall was torn down. It would be a much better time for a brief respite before entering Asguard itself for the final battle.
I understand you, but I liked it. It was a good change of heart for Kratos to finally admit his wrongs instead blaming everyone else and ignoring the lives of others. Remember GOW3 when he said "I care little for the world and it's suffering, the death of Zeus is all that matters"

In GOW 3 He would have no problem mowing down the refugees. Even in 2018 he wouldn't have given two ***** about them dying, he only cared about helping people for his own gain.

I enjoyed that growth. I think we forget that Kratos has fought in literally countless wars like this, and this ain't his first apocalypse, both of which he committed numerous atrocities.
Also the Angroboda section was absolute agony. I don't care about her race but the only reason she exists is to be a plot device and a love interest. A love interest is something I really didn't feel was needed in an already massive overarching story with tons of things going on. Leave that for another game because in this game it comes off as shallow and on the nose.
Yeah I agree with you. It was too much walking and talking for me.

Kaptain Kuba said the same thing. This game had too much shit going on. And it all did feel rushed and some of this stuff could easily been the plot of another game.

like how they humanized Thor though, even if I don't like his design. Really wish they didn't kill him off like nothing
Yeah I loved him, and always kinda knew he wasn't some heartless Barbarian as we all thought he was. I wished he coulda stuck around and became an ally, and perhaps even became a playable character since we don't get Mjolnir and Square enix Avengers game is hot ass.

Devil's advocate here, I absolutely agree with him about having heart to heart moments in the middle of the ******* war to end all wars, completely unnecessary you could remove that scene entirely and lose nothing.
That I also agreed with.

Although I'd say move rather than remove. That scene represented Kratos' growth, and a lot would have been lost by removing it.

Honestly I don't mind the cornier moments of the game because they never distract from the emotional story beats. Like, if any of the characters cracked a joke during the portion of the game where Kratos takes Atreus to Midgard to give him the time to grieve Broks death then I'd have an issue (I know there's a 90% chance they'd be at least one gag in that part if it was an MCU movie) but overall I'm fine with it since they don't try shoving it in your face at points where they shouldn't.

Speaking of Freyr, he should be 2-C with Ingrid via holding back Surtr's sword that was about to destroy Asgard and threatened to wipe out Atreus, Kratos, Freya, Mimir and himself or 2-C by scaling to Freya
I'm pretty sure Ingrid could also clash with Mjolnir during the bar fight when Atreus goes back to Asgard.

I'm pretty sure Ingrid could also clash with Mjolnir during the bar fight when Atreus goes back to Asgard.
I mean, which is far more impressive? Stalemating Mjolnir or holding back a giant sword that was about to kill off Asgard along with Kratos, Mimir, Atreus, Freya and Freyr in one fell swoop?

Back