• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I know right? Baldur was looking like a prison gang member
yeah

myth
i

game

i

If I wanted to complain about myth-accurate designs I would've stayed away from the series from the very beginning. Now I could understand concerns over pandering but that didn't happen with Angrboda.
I mean hades is the prime example
this is a statue of hades his features are seen here and he is described as having dark hair
i

this is him in the game
i

I mean WHAT

Let's not even get into PETA and their recent "Chicken" posts or that shit about Garm in Ragnarok.

Like, dude, WHAT THE **** IS THIS?

Kratos kills Hell Hounds, Elephant-Headed giants, Cerberus Pups, Cerberuses, Minotaurs, Goat Satyrs, that big-ass bird thing that the Warrior of Destiny rode (And Kratos snapped its neck), Centaurs, Snake-headed Gorgons with clawed hands, the Hydra, the Kraken, Hippocampi and Dragons

They had 17 ******* years to make a case. They didn't. So why the **** they're complaining now is beyond me.

Let's not even get into PETA and their recent "Chicken" posts or that shit about Garm in Ragnarok.

Kratos kills Hell Hounds, Elephant-Headed giants, Cerberus Pups, Cerberuses, Minotaurs, Goat Satyrs, that big-ass bird thing that the Warrior of Destiny rode (And Kratos snapped its neck), Centaurs, Snake-headed Gorgons with clawed hands, the Hydra, the Kraken, Hippocampi and Dragons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvS0xhTowyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wydF9ymcE

They had 17 ******* years to make a case. They didn't. So why the **** they're complaining now is beyond me.

That's just PETA doing PETA things.

Theyve always been the absolute PEAK of hypocrites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvS0xhTowyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wydF9ymcE

dude those guys are literally clickbait but on "International company" level

Most of the controversy around character design is just people looking for clout through performative outrage or white supremacists being mad that their power fantasy is "tainted" (ugh). Like, the fact that Angrbodr's skin tone and ethnicity never once came up at all should be enough to not take that seriously.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of Thor's new design but honestly it grew on me really quick. And I like Angrbodr's character and her friendship with Atreus alot, really wholesome that one.

PETA is just looking for engagement at this point, negative or otherwise. A very ridiculous demand of one of the most trending games on the market will do exactly that.

I'd just not loose sleep over it.

Didn't one of the poems describe Thor as a fat dobber tho?
In game or in Mythology?
In game they did call him fat in 2018 but his appearance at the end shows that's not the case.
In Mythology he was constantly described as built and a large muscular man.
He was described as having a large apatite though which is where they must have gotten the idea from

In game or in Mythology?
In game they did call him fat in 2018 but his appearance at the end shows that's not the case.
In Mythology he was constantly described as built and a large muscular man.
He was described as having a large apatite though which is where they must have gotten the idea from
the only actual descriptions we got of thor is " he got a red beard, he big" that's it
i

this type of stuff only came after Christianity

I always thought of the difference in appearance between the dream and Ragnarok as being a result of it being Atreus' dream. He's never seen Thor at the time so I took it to be him filling in the blanks with what he did know of him (the statues and the stated resemblance to Magni).

not from the original myths
the only parts of the myth that actually show or describe thor are post Christian stuff
Here are some artifacts from the earliest days of Norse Mythology

Hard to tell but they definitely don't look fat.
Also worth noting is that Thor was a god of fertility because he got with so many women which would be rather hard if you had a body type like Eddy Hall

If I hear the word "Emasculated" one more goddamn time.....Under The mayo's review was leagues better and at least I understood where he was coming from, as far from perfect as that one was.

dude the Scandinavians depicted almost everything as really thin, even representations of boars you know fat ol'wild pigs?
I don't know why your so sure he's fat considering that both of us can't prove either points.

Your free to envision your version as Eddie Hall, But my version has the godly physique of a marathon runner and a master bodybuilder combined.

Back