• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I agree with this. The scaling chain would abdolutely break.

But what of Charon from Chains of Olympus?
Kratos got his shit kicked in by Charon in the first fight, Kratos was only able to pull the Uno-Reverse Card on him with the Gauntlet of Zeus.

Kratos got his shit kicked in by Charon in the first fight, Kratos was only able to pull the Uno-Reverse Card on him with the Gauntlet of Zeus.
I always found Charon kind of a weird case. I mean Kratos was able to fight Charon even without the Gauntlet of Zeus, he only loses beacuse of that one specific attack where Charon charges a large amount of energy and shoots it Kratos, basically one shotting him.

Kratos needed the Gauntlet of Zeus to break the source of that attack. Those being the pillars on Charons ship. And even with the Gauntlet of Zeus that attack one shots you regardless.

Do we take a big part of that as game mechanics or what?

I think the fact that you lose that fight regardless is more so the game telling you that you're outclassed.

I always found Charon kind of a weird case. I mean Kratos was able to fight Charon even without the Gauntlet of Zeus, he only loses beacuse of that one specific attack where Charon charges a large amount of energy and shoots it Kratos, basically one shotting him.
Kratos is scripted to lose regardless of what you do to Charon. That's not grounds for scaling him at all. That should be telling enough that Kratos is no way in hell gonna get through this without even more power to his punches.

Kratos needed the Gauntlet of Zeus to break the source of that attack. Those being the pillars on Charons ship. And even with the Gauntlet of Zeus that attack one shots you regardless.
Except canonically speaking you're not gonna get through that fight without the GoZ anyway so at best it can be chalked up to game mechanics.

Do we take a big part of that as game mechanics or what?
Game mechanics, through and through.

I swear we'll see that guys descendant in the next game or smth. Dudes as much a fixture as Kratos.

2-C mortal Kratos?

I mean Hercules is considered a mortal yet still scales to the level of Gods. Deimos as well. It's not out of the question. And they are all sons of Zeus.
I’d say 2-C with weapons yeah
Imo it’d be 7-B, higher with magic (Poseidon’s Rage and Zeus Fury are > his physicals), weapons (Artemis Blade) and power ups (insert Pandora’s Box or the power ups he got throughout II)

It's also capable of manipulating the threads or cutting them.
Tbh I think that’s just AP but it’s good since even Kratos struggled to do that and yet the Soear could cut through dozens

also apparently the Einharjar can sense if Odin’s dead so take that as you will

I honestly don't believe Ragnarok is anything close to a perfect game but the story portion of this review is bad. Like really really bad. 30 minutes into the video so far and his presentation is good but his takes on the story made me make several stank faces. Whereas I thought the criticisms would be genuine plot holes, bad writing, and poor pacing stuff, based on the point where I stopped I can tell you it isn't. He criticizes things in the story that are explained such as when he brings up Freya attacking Atreus and Kratos for the last three years and failing to kill them despite knowing where they live as a criticism but the reason for that is already explained at the beginning of the game. He makes weird insinuations about characters or events in the games like when he says Sindri feels like a groomer or pedophile to him for some reason. He is somehow surprised by Kratos not wanting to go to war or perpetuate the Ragnarok prophecy and thinks it's out of character for an unexplained reason. He doesn't explain why something is stupid or bad, he just says it and leaves it at that. I understand how the reviewer might be a dude who hates movie games, SJWs, MCU tropes, and the shift from the old god of wars but he should make sure he actually knows his shit and point out actual issues with a game's story such as things like plotholes, pacing, writing or anything like that first.

I honestly don't believe Ragnarok is anything close to a perfect game but the story portion of this review is bad. Like really really bad. 30 minutes into the video so far and his presentation is good but his takes on the story made me make several stank faces. Whereas I thought the criticisms would be genuine plot holes, bad writing, and poor pacing stuff, based on the point where I stopped I can tell you it isn't. He criticizes things in the story that are explained such as when he brings up Freya attacking Atreus and Kratos for the last three years and failing to kill them despite knowing where they live as a criticism but the reason for that is already explained at the beginning of the game. He makes weird insinuations about characters or events in the games like when he says Sindri feels like a groomer or pedophile to him for some reason. He is somehow surprised by Kratos not wanting to go to war or perpetuate the Ragnarok prophecy and thinks it's out of character for an unexplained reason. He doesn't explain why something is stupid or bad, he just says it and leaves it at that. I understand how the reviewer might be a dude who hates movie games, SJWs, MCU tropes, and the shift from the old god of wars but he should make sure he actually knows his shit and point out actual issues with a game's story such as things like plotholes, pacing, writing or anything like that first.

Yeah f*** this review, to the block list you go

Damn. He really called Sindri a pedophile?

I’d say 2-C with weapons yeah
Imo it’d be 7-B, higher with magic (Poseidon’s Rage and Zeus Fury are > his physicals), weapons (Artemis Blade)
Sure.

and power ups (insert Pandora’s Box
Yeah no, this is where I say stop. This stays with GoW Kratos. We already discussed this to death when we merged his keys.

or the power ups he got throughout II)
Same deal as above, they stick with his GoW key and go nowhere else. We already discussed this in the key merge thread that this would end up being redundant.

Yeah Ironically I was just watching this and was going to talk about it here. He Said a few things I agree with, but 99% of the shit he says is ******* stupid.

He started off fine....and then completely shit the bed at the story part.
Yeah. He was right with puzzles and such, gameplay, some things sounded like a him problem. Why complain about enemies having a large health pool while playing the game on harder difficulties and having shitty gear.?

:)
Yeah no, this is where I say stop. This stays with GoW Kratos. We already discussed this to death when we merged his keys.
Shhh 🔫

Trash

Now he's bitching about Angroboda being Black and is only in the game for being a diversity hire. While playing a game where the main character, who is Greek, is a similar complexion to her underneath his ashes.

I'm sure it'll get worse from here
I remember the controversy around Angrboda when she was first revealed and then that one dude on twitter changed her race. Shit was wild.

CEASE AND DESIST

m4a1-fn.jpg

He basically did it hoping for views and attention.

I remember the controversy around Angrboda when she was first revealed and then that one dude on twitter changed her race. Shit was wild.
Twitter practically berated SMS for that reason and also for making Thor too accurate with the original mythology. Can't have shit in Ohio.

Last edited:
People said the same shit about Heimdall.

It's especially funny to me because Emil Doepler's 1905 painting Loki's Brood doesn't exactly depict her as the whitest of people.

Also, the devs themselves claim her race was never described in mythology, and they've done a lot more research than I have.
Yeah from what I've read it's about the same. She never had a physical description.

But honestly this was expected the moment I saw her.

But I'm not shocked, you know much of Norse Mythology, White supremacists love to try to claim.

Now he's bitching about Angroboda being Black and is only in the game for being a diversity hire. While playing a game where the main character, who is Greek, is a similar complexion to her underneath his ashes.

I'm sure it'll get worse from here
that one didn't make much sense to me I mean balder was a fair and beautiful god in the actual north myth with long white/blond flowing hair and was loved by all and in 2018 he looks like this

i

Back