• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

"acting more as a gateway than them literally hanging from it"

Bro has not played Ragnarok.

Well, I haven't either but at least I know the fact that pieces of Asgard literally fell from the world tree, and it's a big part of the post-game. That fact alone throws his shitty argument out the window. He also totally ignored the real celestial bodies and stars that are clearly visible in the realms and the realm between realms.
Kratos went on a boat from greece to Norse e.t.c.

Man, they should bring back Nemesis Whip, that weapon was f***ing raw fast
No need to be the OG as Draupnir Spear is pretty similar to Arms Sparta

Would be funny if Tyr just goes Super Saiyan

like could have soloed Thor if he wanted
Tyr spamming every magic across several pantheons.

Also, we should probably add the names given by the Norns to Kratos' name section; Bane of Olympus, Destroyer of Fate and Cruel Striker.

I know this is a joke, but I always find it hilarious when people bring up Kratos struggling against chests (something the devs actually admitted to being game mechanics), rocks and shit, as if he doesn't lift thousands or millions of tonne objects, smash buildings/boulders, etc even while suppressing his abilities. Or as if those objects aren't magic'd out to ****.

The thing people also forget is that 2018 Kratos can suppress his powers (including durability) a lot. Even after the Baldur fight, he's shown suppressing his regeneration.

Keep in mind, I'm also somewhat of a Low 2-C/2-C denier. But the lengths people will go to for 9-A Kratos are ludicrous. I've even seen people say he's 9-C just because his weakest post-Ares deal form broke down a door rather than splintering it with a kick.
It really feels aounds like these people have a grudge (or have spite) to the series even though it hasn't done anything to warrant so.

It's that and more, imo. At least from what I've been able to find.

I think half of them haven't really gone past GoW 1, 2, 3 and maybe 2018. They just hear something along the lines of 'Kratos can run the DMC Gauntlet with his pinky finger' and find any way to 'dethrone' Kratos.

Admittedly, I also haven't delved entirely into the full franchise (I've gone through the comics, the games, some of the novels and the Lost Pages), or personally played most of the games (part of Ascension, 1, 2 and some of 3 when I was younger).

Tyr spamming every magic across several pantheons.
It’s all fun and games until the quiet dude is secretly the strongest Norse God, spamming the **** out of Runic, Greek and Sumerian Magics
Also, we should probably add the names given by the Norns to Kratos' name section; Bane of Olympus, Destroyer of Fate and Cruel Striker.
Funnily Cruel Striker is already there, is the translation of Farbauti from the original Norse

I’d also suggest adding Freya’s titles (such as Frigg of the Æsir). Though, speaking of Aesir gods, does Tyr have any actual statements?

Would've been a breeze for me if the profile weren't locked due to the actions of a vandal turning the profile into Tier 1.

It’s all fun and games until the quiet dude is secretly the strongest Norse God, spamming the **** out of Runic, Greek and Sumerian Magics
Probably learnt some Xianxia BS from his travels too.
Funnily Cruel Striker is already there, is the translation of Farbauti from the original Norse

I’d also suggest adding Freya’s titles (such as Frigg of the Æsir). Though, speaking of Aesir gods, does Tyr have any actual statements?
None that come to mind. I doubt he'd be overwhelmingly weaker than the other Aesir but that's admittedly not the best for scaling.

I honestly can't wait for the CRT, if only so that eye-watering Tier section gets abbreviated.

I thought tier 2 profiles have t stay locked?
Only the really controversial ones. Kratos hadn't been vandalized in like, eons, until that one single instance. Every other edit done to me by him was mostly for grammatical and aesthetic purposes like additions of higher quality image renders and somesuch.

Hell, even the DMC profiles as Tier 1 are now unlocked. Nobody bothers to vandalize them as much.

Kratos sees a Greek god.
Hopefully it remains unlocked for the foreseeable future. It'll be that much more of a breeze for me to correct grammatical errors or gallery fixes or missing boldings of abilities.
I'll be sure to fix some of it up. It's also been bugging me, but I'm busy. I usually tend to fix this kind of stuff up when I see it.

Speaking of the Spear, its Dura Neg properties, Explosion Inducement properties, its use as a rocket launcher, extensions and Crystal generation should be added in.

What ability is it to make Crystals?

Also, I remember the Blade of Artemis being called one of "the most powerful weapons in creation" in the GoW 1 novel. On top of it being used to kill Titans during the Great War, feels weird that it's not relevant to any of Kratos' tiering.

Also, I remember the Blade of Artemis being called one of "the most powerful weapons in creation" in the GoW 1 novel. On top of it being used to kill Titans during the Great War, feels weird that it's not relevant to any of Kratos' tiering.
It's also stated to be stronger than the Blades of Chaos, further fitting the whole Olympian > Titan > Primordial scaling chain. It's the scan I posted a while back.

And Ares' armor is stated to be tougher still in Chapter 31, requiring Kratos to use Ares' own spider-arms to pierce through his armor. The only other blade strong enough to do this is the Blade of the Gods.

And Ares' armor is stated to be tougher still in Chapter 31, requiring Kratos to use Ares' own spider-arms to pierce through his armor. The only other blade strong enough to do this is the Blade of the Gods.
Yeah I pointed this out as well, Kratos seems it near impenetrable otherwise and needs to either target gaps or use stronger stuff
yep, Zeus mentions it so Kratos has God Tier weapons even back then. It’s worth noting the Blade is able to easily kill Wraiths so more NPI

The blade of Olympus nervously smoking in the corner of the room*

2-C mortal Kratos?

I mean Hercules is considered a mortal yet still scales to the level of Gods. Deimos as well. It's not out of the question. And they are all sons of Zeus.

Last edited:
2-C mortal Kratos?

I mean Hercules is considered a mortal yet still scales to the level of Gods. Deimos as well. It's not out of the question. And they are all sons of Zeus.
Eeeeeeh, I'd feel that'd lead to 2-C scaling going too far I think.

Probably just note the durability of the weapons, if they can be used in such a manner (its why I didn't give Bai Xiaochun Tier 1 durability via kitchen wok since he cant fully utilise it until way later).

2-C mortal Kratos?

not GoW1 kratos, every interaction he had with a god physically ended with him being ****** up(mainly ares chucking a chunk of rock at him causing insta death)

I still think it is possible. He wouldn't scale to Olympians however. He'd probbably downscale from Primordials.
Hahahahahahahaha...

NO.

He wouldn't downscale from the Primordials. If we're talking solely outliers, Ascension alone would make him equal to, if not outright superior, to the Titans for fending off Hecatonchires (Hecatonchires is stated in an official interview to be stronger than the Titans, and Ariel Lawrence states him to be equal in strength to Atlas and slightly stronger than Cronos). But that's INSANELY PROBLEMATIC because in Chains of Olympus Kratos needed the Gauntlet of Zeus to re-chain a weakened Atlas (Who one-shotted Helios BTW who at this point has already been strengthened by thousands of years of empowerment from prayers and whatnot as Olympus grew) back to the Mortal World to make him lift it up (And by extension the entire Greek Pantheon) for all of eternity.

If Aegaeon isn't enough, we can immediately default to his other brother, Gyges, who easily overpowered early God Kratos even while having lost all of his arms (due to the Ambrosia race) and almost killed him.

Last edited:
atreus would get his shit rocked by gilgamesh
Maybe he'll get gud as an adult. He's like what, 15 right now?

Honestly, I just wanna the Kratos analogues of all myths duke it out. Sun Wukong, Gilgamesh, Kratos, Thor etc.

Hahahahahahahaha...

NO.

He wouldn't downscale from the Primordials. If we're talking solely outliers, Ascension alone would make him equal to, if not outright superior, to the Titans for fending off Hecatonchires (Hecatonchires is stated in an official interview to be stronger than the Titans, and Ariel Lawrence states him to be equal in strength to Atlas and slightly stronger than Cronos). But that's INSANELY PROBLEMATIC because in Chains of Olympus Kratos needed the Gauntlet of Zeus to re-chain a weakened Atlas (Who one-shotted Helios BTW who at this point has already been strengthened by thousands of years of empowerment from prayers and whatnot as Olympus grew) back to the Mortal World to make him lift it up (And by extension the entire Greek Pantheon) for all of eternity.

If Aegaeon isn't enough, we can immediately default to his other brother, Gyges, who easily overpowered early God Kratos even while having lost all of his arms (due to the Ambrosia race) and almost killed him.
I agree with this. The scaling chain would abdolutely break.

But what of Charon from Chains of Olympus?

Back