• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Question: What would be the strongest being in the Greek Pantheon not counting Olympians, Titans, Primoridald and demi-gods? Would it be Colossus of Rhodes?

Question: What would be the strongest being in the Greek Pantheon not counting Olympians, Titans, Primoridald and demi-gods? Would it be Colossus of Rhodes?
Aegaeon and Gyges, the Hecatonchires brothers, brothers of the Titans and sons of Ouranos. Gyges easily overpowered Kratos and was about to kill him.

I wish they brought the Greek giants in the story
They did. In the 2010 Prequel Comics. There's a full plot involving the Centimani (Gyges) in GoW, the guy on whose back the Ambrosia grew that could cure Calliope. After Kratos becomes the God of War, he journeys there to kill Ares's acolyes to prevent them from using the fruit to bring back the mad God of War, and then Gyges goes tentacle hentai on him and just before he can choke him to death, Kratos burns him down and destroys the Ambrosia and Gyges in time.

They did. In the 2010 Prequel Comics. There's a full plot involving the Centimani (Gyges) in GoW, the guy on whose back the Ambrosia grew that could cure Calliope. After Kratos becomes the God of War, he journeys there to kill Ares's acolyes to prevent them from using the fruit to bring back the mad God of War, and then Gyges goes tentacle hentai on him and just before he can choke him to death, Kratos burns him down and destroys the Ambrosia and Gyges in time.
Wrong species, I'm referencing the children of Gaea and Tartarus, the ones who pulled off the Gigantomachy

Wrong species, I'm referencing the children of Gaea and Tartarus, the ones who pulled off the Gigantomachy
Typhon and Echidna? They are mentioned in the GOW2 novel, and are established as mates. Typhon refuses to help Kratos because Zeus promised him that Echidna and their children would be safe if he accepted imprisonment for the rest of eternity.

Typhon and Echidna? They are mentioned in the GOW2 novel, and are established as mates. Typhon refuses to help Kratos because Zeus promised him that Echidna and their children would be safe if he accepted imprisonment for the rest of eternity.
Nada, different ones (also I was wrong, other children of Gaea, but not from Tartarus)

Porphyrion, Polybotes, Alcyoneus, Damasen, Enceladus, etc. They're called the Gigantes

Research the Gigantomachy, huge war between the gods and the giants.

wait that means that kratos was more powerful than him and that was at a time where people where just starting to pray to him

wouldn't that mean that the colossal of roads would be stronger than it since it had at least half the power of the full on god of war?

He means "the giants" from gigantmachy. The one with giants vs gods.

wait that means that kratos was more powerful than him and that was at a time where people where just starting to pray to him
Yes. Though for him prayers don't matter, because as the God of War, he can grow considerably stronger with every passing moment even without actually engaging in combat with anyone, as the Colossus using Kratos's powers would tell you.

wouldn't that mean that the colossal of roads would be stronger than it since it had at least half the power of the full on god of war?
There is no statement about how much power Zeus stole from Kratos to put into the Colossus, but even when depowered Kratos was able to not only completely stop the Colossus from stomping him in, he was able to yeet aside the Colossus hundreds of meters away into a mountainside and was able to damage him quite easily. In the end tho, this would not matter, as the Colossus would have far surpassed the original power level within mere seconds as the novel implies, due to the busted AD that being a God of War grants you.

He means "the giants" from gigantmachy. The once that where helping gods and cyclops' fighting against titens.
Ah. They're referenced in the GOW Ascension Multiplayer then. You actually have to kill a Giant Cyclops as a boss fight. Polyphemus.

He means "the giants" from gigantmachy. The one with giants vs gods.
I also edited my comment. Sorry for the confusion.
In mythology they are also distinct from hecatonchires, titens and cyclops'.
Put in notes
Gasper = Man of culture

Giants aren't so famous I guess.

Not the hundred handed weenies, not the cyclops, the Gigantes

They had a huge war with the Olympians, needed Heracles' help in defeating the Giants and everything.

(I hate using Wikipedia as a source but just read this)

Another good contender for one of the strongest beings in Greek Pantheon not counting any Olympians, Primordials, Titans or Demi Gods would be The Dark Rider considering it is stated the weapon he wields has a power of a God.

I see that there is a lot of anti-feat in terms of brute force, but is there any anti-feat in terms of speed?

Obviously not counting the game, but only the novels

Really cool detail in the game is that when you rescue fake Tyr in the mines you can find raven feathers in the corner of his chamber hinting that he's actually Odin

EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER GETS UPPED TO 2-C, AS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON DAY 1
IT WAS TO BE ALL FOR 1-C

Well, could you at least try to put Kratos or some other character as one of the strongest non-smurfs on the wiki, or does he not stand a chance?

Back