• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Play 2018 and Ragnarok
If you're talking about his arrows harming Kratos and Baldur in 2018, I think its more of piercing damage negating durbaility. Kratos tends to get hurt by low tier piercing or cutting attacks. If its something else from 2018 or Ragnarok then I don't know

If you're talking about his arrows harming Kratos and Baldur in 2018, I think its more of piercing damage negating durbaility. Kratos tends to get hurt by low tier piercing or cutting attacks. If its something else from 2018 or Ragnarok then I don't know
cough Baldur final boss fight QTE cough

Please don't tell me you are saying kratos can be pierced by boulders or shit.

He could get bitten by regular sharks in the novel
And his chained up arms start to crack up the Hydra's teeth, he literally crushes Perseus's sword into dust and casually grabs the Blade of Olympus by its edges, pushes it down to elbow Zeus in the face and engages in a wrestling contest to shish-kebab Zeus and Gaia's Heart with the Blade.

tbh Kratos can get pierced by a butter knife
If we're seriously going to use piercing damage as an argument then no verse in fiction would retain any of its ratings.

Piercing damage as a whole is incredibly inconsistent as **** across multiple verses if Marvel's Thor or DC's Wonder Woman is anything to go by.

I have a question, what does Kratos's Abstract Existence (Type 2) in his "As the God of War" key actually give him? i know it grants him regeneration but is said regeneration combat applicable, and can abilities which vastly exceed his capabilities of regeneration (which is currently only low-mid) negate it? I'm asking since i have a really goofy vs match in mind that might possibly work if the character in question can actually negate Kratos's AE despite the fact he doesn't technically have any AE negation abilities.

You mean the atreus' one? That's clearly not a normal knife
nah the butter knife in my drawer could do it

If we're seriously going to use piercing damage as an argument then no verse in fiction would retain any of its ratings.

Piercing damage as a whole is incredibly inconsistent as **** across multiple verses if Marvel's Thor or DC's Wonder Woman is anything to go by.
Fr no series would be beyond tier 9 if we took piercing damage super seriously.

I have a question, what does Kratos's Abstract Existence (Type 2) in his "As the God of War" key actually give him? i know it grants him regeneration
but is said regeneration combat applicable, and can abilities which vastly exceed his capabilities of regeneration (which is currently only low-mid) negate it?
His regeneration is not dependant on his Abstract Existence at all. It comes solely from him being a God. His Abstract Existence Type 2 is only there because he now embodies Death, but overall it does not grant him any other power.

His regeneration comes from him having the same exact powers as Ares did because he's the new God of War, and because he scales above his depowered self, who regenerated from his stab wound from the Blade of Olympus that he used to kill himself to give Hope to mankind.

I'm asking since i have a really goofy vs match in mind that might possibly work if the character in question can actually negate Kratos's AE.
It doesn't really serve any purpose in combat, at all.

Kratos Gets Pierced By A Shark
Game Mechanics
In A Book
Book Mechanics
The Shark thing comes from GOW1 Novel Chapter 3, but in the game itself, no sharks exist.

Also ironically, that shark scene is a feat for Kratos abusing Life Absorption with the Blades of Chaos.

"As he struggled, Kratos realized this monster might send him into Lord Hades’s embrace. Straining, he tried to pull his arms free of the Hydra’s crushing jaws, then stopped and looked frantically below into the maelstrom of the sea. Sharks snapped at one another—and at Kratos’s feet. The sharp pain of his greaves being bitten through by a huge shark forced him to fight on two fronts."

"Kratos would be happy to provide that for his unwitting allies. At his feet, his blood tinged the water that ran down his legs. Hooking a shark or two on the barbs of the Blades of Chaos would steal enough life to close these minor cuts. He seized the railing and pulled himself up the canted remnant of deck—but as he drew the blades, the circling sharks sped away. They had discovered a feast of their own."

Then again his depowered, no-tattoo, mortal-with-no-demigod-powers self could neck snap souls and absorb everything they have inside of them to restore his own powers so...

His regeneration is not dependant on his Abstract Existence at all. It comes solely from him being a God. His Abstract Existence Type 2 is only there because he now embodies Death, but overall it does not grant him any other power.

His regeneration comes from him having the same exact powers as Ares did because he's the new God of War, and because he scales above his depowered self, who regenerated from his stab wound from the Blade of Olympus that he used to kill himself to give Hope to mankind.
Thank you for the explanation, so the match up is definitely possible.... good 😈.

And his chained up arms start to crack up the Hydra's teeth, he literally crushes Perseus's sword into dust and casually grabs the Blade of Olympus by its edges, pushes it down to elbow Zeus in the face and engages in a wrestling contest to shish-kebab Zeus and Gaia's Heart with the Blade.
The perseus one is barely a piercing durability feat, same for blades of olympus. Its not like a lot of force is applied from those blades to Kratos. And I'm not saying Kratos is like tier 9, I think you can have tier 2 durability and still be hurt by tier 9 piercing attacks if you just are more vulnerable to it

The perseus one is barely a piercing durability feat, same for blades of olympus. Its not like a lot of force is applied from those blades to Kratos. And I'm not saying Kratos is like tier 9, I think you can have tier 2 durability and still be hurt by tier 9 piercing attacks if you just are more vulnerable to it
That's just fictional writers not having physics degrees. Like, even ignoring Kratos and taking lesser characters, if your skin can tank nukes, it can tank knives and bullets.

That's just fictional writers not having physics degrees. Like, even ignoring Kratos and taking lesser characters, if your skin can tank nukes, it can tank knives and bullets.
That's just proving my point though, GOW doesn't have to follow all our laws of physics

That's just proving my point though, GOW doesn't have to follow all our laws of physics
It actually kind of doesn't.

GOW Collection Guide straight up states that when Kratos double-jumps like a normal Brazilian, he defies the laws of physics and makes his own.

I forgot to mention, are you guys gonna upgrade GOW1 kratos to tier 3 or 2 with the universe-destroying sound blast feat I mentioned? I think there was a statement of the universe in GOW being space and time, if its true then it would be low 2-C

If only it were that easy...
I was thinking of making a CRT discussion thing to decide if things like that should count for resistance

I forgot to mention, are you guys gonna upgrade GOW1 kratos to tier 3 or 2 with the universe-destroying sound blast feat I mentioned? I think there was a statement of the universe in GOW being space and time, if its true then it would be low 2-C
Enough wank KING, go play Chains of Olympus first, I can't believe you haven't played that game first.

I was thinking of making a CRT discussion thing to decide if things like that should count for resistance
You're not the only one, and no, it was rejected in the past.

The Shark thing comes from GOW1 Novel Chapter 3, but in the game itself, no sharks exist.

Also ironically, that shark scene is a feat for Kratos abusing Life Absorption with the Blades of Chaos.

"As he struggled, Kratos realized this monster might send him into Lord Hades’s embrace. Straining, he tried to pull his arms free of the Hydra’s crushing jaws, then stopped and looked frantically below into the maelstrom of the sea. Sharks snapped at one another—and at Kratos’s feet. The sharp pain of his greaves being bitten through by a huge shark forced him to fight on two fronts."

"Kratos would be happy to provide that for his unwitting allies. At his feet, his blood tinged the water that ran down his legs. Hooking a shark or two on the barbs of the Blades of Chaos would steal enough life to close these minor cuts. He seized the railing and pulled himself up the canted remnant of deck—but as he drew the blades, the circling sharks sped away. They had discovered a feast of their own."

Then again his depowered, no-tattoo, mortal-with-no-demigod-powers self could neck snap souls and absorb everything they have inside of them to restore his own powers so...
lmaoooo bro im joking

a common thing i see in GOW is that they have consistent feats and consistent antifeats

like they have more tier 2 feats than i've had birthdays, yet destroying a decently sized piece of stone or ice is something they look at as "damn, no can't do"

can lift universes but bridges break sweats

lmaoooo bro im joking

a common thing i see in GOW is that they have consistent feats and consistent antifeats

like they have more tier 2 feats than i've had birthdays, yet destroying a decently sized piece of stone or ice is something they look at as "damn, no can't do"

Man, y'all forgot the infamous chests.

lmaoooo bro im joking

The ice you are referring to is made by thamur. A giant using Primordial ice as a weapon. Not an anti feat at all.

nah it simply means we have to bump up them sharp things to 1-A, outerversial butter knifes here we come

Back