• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

also I just though about something why wouldn't the Norse also get AD I mean the whole reason we say that it doesn't quite apply to kratos in the norse is because he is rusty but that is a flimsy exuse at best considering that the greek gods where still getting stronger even inside Cronos and i kinda doubt they where doing their push ups and crunches in there
Only because of Worship which was after the Titan War, the only times they're iterated as growing in power is either in reference to that or Hades' soul Manipulation

....Why would they have AD? No Norse God gets overtly stronger to my knowledge.
I mean odin was able to keep up and outright overpower kratos while also fighting 2 other gods in the meanwhile and kratos never outright overtook him in terms of pure power which if we apply the AD that he still should have would be weird that he didn't outright overpower odin come the end of their fight

Don't ninja the ninja, boyo
I mean odin was able to keep up and outright overpower kratos while also fighting 2 other gods in the meanwhile and kratos never outright overtook him in terms of pure power which if we apply the AD that he still should have would be weird that he didn't outright overpower odin come the end of their fight
Tbh that's not AD, that's just Odin abusing magic and scaling to them in AP AD is also garbage but that's just me

Like I said, Kratos's AD just doesn't work as fast as it did in Greek.

Tbh that's not AD, that's just Odin abusing magic and scaling to them in AP
This too.

AD is also garbage but that's just me
COPE, SEETHE, MALD AND DILATE, ALL HAIL HELIOS AND HIS COLOSSUS OF RHODES

latest

Not quite, Freya asked Sigrun to bring back her wings and in turn her warrior spirit.
It was both. The curses were weakened enough by Fimbulwinter that she could regain most of her old abilities with the help of Sigrun.

Like I said, Kratos's AD just doesn't work as fast as it did in Greek.
I mean do we have anything other than a statement from one of the devs about him being rusty (even though looking at the comics from 2018 makes little sense) and even if it didn't work quite as fast lets like what 2 or 3 times slower it would still be too much to really be able to overcome if you had comperable AP aspecially in a 3v1 so its either odin (maybe thor) have AD of their own or Odin is like mega busted when it comes to his overall power (beating down GoW3 level strength kratos that quickly would put zeus to shame honestly)

I mean do we have anything other than a statement from one of the devs about him being rusty (even though looking at the comics from 2018 makes little sense)
The official Sony Blogs also state that Kratos is re-awakening his true latent powers

and even if it didn't work quite as fast lets like what 2 or 3 times slower it would still be too much to really be able to overcome if you had comperable AP aspecially in a 3v1 so its either odin (maybe thor) have AD of their own
Here's the thing, Kratos still wasn't redlining here, but pretty close to it. Whereas in Greece, Kratos had gone beyond redline countless times (Because of course, his mother and Deimos to boot) and the Colossus was now abusing that redline to its fullest effect. The news of Sparta's destruction and the Last Spartan's death is basically what drove Kratos over the edge beyond the point of no return.

or Odin is like mega busted when it comes to his overall power (beating down GoW3 level strength kratos that quickly would put zeus to shame honestly)
Kratos is only just below GOW3 levels of strength in the final fight, physically speaking, and he doesn't have any of his hax from Greece here to save his ass anymore. No Titan Power Ups, no Blade of Olympus, none of his God power-ups he shared from Ares, and no Soul of Hades + Atlas + Millions of other souls Hades captured. Even with those he was barely able to score a win against Zeus and that's because Kratos is just that much better in terms of combat skill and versatility with his weapons.

Odin certainly is mega-busted here because he spams hax like there's no tomorrow, he definitely could've used physicals because he's no slouch for having engaged in battle with Ymir (Whom he calls a literal force of nature to be reckoned with) and killed him to then carve up the 7 other Realms minus Niflheim and Muspelheim, but he most likely realized that going toe-to-toe with Kratos in melee combat is suicide so he just up and chose to spam cheat codes Ares style. That's pretty much the gist of it.

Like, right now? But I'm a few thousand miles away OwO
Actually I'm in your walls
Kratos is only just below GOW3 levels of strength in the final fight, physically speaking, and he doesn't have any of his hax from Greece here to save his ass anymore. No Titan Power Ups, no Blade of Olympus, none of his God power-ups he shared from Ares, and no Soul of Hades + Atlas + Millions of other souls Hades captured. Even with those he was barely able to score a win against Zeus and that's because Kratos is just that much better in terms of combat skill and versatility with his weapons.

Odin certainly is mega-busted here because he spams hax like there's no tomorrow, he definitely could've used physicals because he's no slouch for having engaged in battle with Ymir (Whom he calls a literal force of nature to be reckoned with) and killed him to then carve up the 7 other Realms minus Niflheim and Muspelheim, but he most likely realized that going toe-to-toe with Kratos in melee combat is suicide so he just up and chose to spam cheat codes Ares style. That's pretty much the gist of it.
TBH he's prolly Early God of War III level (like before Hades' soul and Hope woke up) and that's likely the Greek Kratos his older self could beat. It's also consistent with the statements Thor can beat Hippocampus and the "heaviest I've ever felt" would likely include Poseidon and Hades or Ares since they're the strongest characters he fights before getting those amps

Actually I'm in your walls
Then why can't I claw you out

TBH he's prolly Early God of War III level (like before Hades' soul and Hope woke up) and that's likely the Greek Kratos his older self could beat. It's also consistent with the statements Thor can beat Hippocampus and the "heaviest I've ever felt" would likely include Poseidon and Hades or Ares since they're the strongest characters he fights before getting those amps
I'd say Thor is solidly Poseidon level while Odin would be well above that, possibly GOW2 Zeus level (As even in GOW2 he is still incredibly OP, being able to one-shot both Poseidon and Hades at once with a singular lightning bolt), but definitely not GOW3 Zeus level. Given that this is from the perspective of an unamped Norse Kratos who is massively holding back in the first fight, after all, that too without his Blades of Chaos on him.

Then why can't I claw you out

I'd say Thor is solidly Poseidon level while Odin would be well above that, possibly GOW2 Zeus level, but definitely not GOW3 Zeus level. Given that this is from the perspective of an unamped Norse Kratos who is massively holding back in the first fight, after all, that too without his Blades of Chaos on him.
1) Not looking hard enough 2) Honestly I'd say that makes sense so it'd be Odin> Thor ~> Poseidon = Hades > Sigrun > Baldur > Heimdall > Magni and Modi. You could argue he's Ares' level which would make sense with statements Odin is a better fight for Zeus then other Gods like Thor (weaker by a solid degree but can keep up with hax)

The official Sony Blogs also state that Kratos is re-awakening his true latent powers
fair didn't know that
Here's the thing, Kratos still wasn't redlining here, but pretty close to it. Whereas in Greece, Kratos had gone beyond redline countless times and the Colossus was now abusing that redline to its fullest effect.
I mean kratos as of the end of 2018 has mastered his rage or the redline as he was specifically training for it in the comics prior to the game and fully took control of it as of 2018 and we see him being able to use his rage as a weapon to power himself up a lot
Kratos is only just below GOW3 levels of strength in the final fight, physically speaking, and he doesn't have any of his hax from Greece here to save his ass anymore.
I mean i was only talking AP and dura here not hax that i am well aware of the fact his hax are nowhere near as good as GoW3 or GoW 2
No Titan Power Ups
he lost them at the start of the game so they don't really even apply to the end of GoW3 kratos as is
, no Blade of Olympus
yeah
and no Soul of Hades + Atlas + Millions of other souls Hades captured.
I honestly wonder how much of an actual power up thoses souls where, like we know that the titans like atlas as pretty much shit tier in GoW 3 being one shot by most gods or manhandled and kratos was fighting and beating hades after loosing every single power up and magical item of GoW2 so he should at least be 50% weaker than at the start of the game when he fights Hades and he was still beating the ever living shit out of him so how much more powerful did the soul of atlas and hades make him(not counting the hundreds of millions mortals because come on what will a few million 9C to 7-B at best really do for a 2-C character?)
Even with those he was barely able to score a win against Zeus and most other times Zeus was more than a match for every single thing Kratos threw at him.
that i agree with kratos was just barely able to beat Zeus but it was clear that he was stronger than him(considering instead of going for the kill on zeus the moment he got the blade which would kill zeus pretty easily, he decided to go 2 for 1 to also kill Gaia while shishkababing Zeus to her heart)
I mean true but odin was able to literally knock kratos on his ass through the use of hax that were directly liked to his power output be it spear slams, explosions and putting his hands on the chrome dome of kratos to push him to his knees ( as well as locking both him and atreus in place without trying which is pretty busted while also taking on 2 other gods in atreus and freya (who can outright counter some of odins hax) so considering all of that I just don't see how Odin would be able to keep up with all of that without some form of his own AD or being so far above what we've seen in the series that he would able to outright one shot like 95% of it(zeus,GoW3 and beyond kratos, as well as fear and hope exluded)

fair didn't know that

I mean kratos as of the end of 2018 has mastered his rage or the redline as he was specifically training for it in the comics prior to the game and fully took control of it as of 2018 and we see him being able to use his rage as a weapon to power himself up a lot
Didn't work out so well as we saw him break against Heimdall.

I mean i was only talking AP and dura here not hax that i am well aware of the fact his hax are nowhere near as good as GoW3 or GoW 2
Those hax amplify his physicals too.

he lost them at the start of the game so they don't really even apply to the end of GoW3 kratos as is
He didn't. The only thing that got nerfed are his Blades of Athena. Only reason you don't see him using them in GOW3 is because of game mechanics and because there aren't enough buttons to accommodate for all that magic. Plus, gameplay-wise they got replaced by even better and much, much stronger powers.

Rage of the Titans? Rage of Sparta

Cronos' Rage? Nemesis Whip

Atlas' Quake? Hades' Soul which in turn contains Atlas's soul plus millions more

I honestly wonder how much of an actual power up thoses souls where, like we know that the titans like atlas as pretty much shit tier in GoW 3 being one shot by most gods or manhandled and kratos was fighting and beating hades after loosing every single power up and magical item of GoW2 so he should at least be 50% weaker than at the start of the game when he fights Hades and he was still beating the ever living shit out of him so how much more powerful did the soul of atlas and hades make him(not counting the hundreds of millions mortals because come on what will a few million 9C at best really do for a 2-C character?)
By quite a lot, the millions of souls only stack up further seeing as we see the brothers yank out Titans like nothing. And the whole statement of "As our mountain grew so too did the might of the Olympians".

I mean true but odin was able to literally knock kratos on his ass through the use of hax that were directly liked to his power output be it spear slams, explosions and putting his hands on the chrome dome of kratos to push him to his knees ( as well as locking both him and atreus in place without trying which is pretty busted while also taking on 2 other gods in atreus and freya (who can outright counter some of odins hax) so considering all of that I just don't see how Odin would be able to keep up with all of that without some form of his own AD or being so far above what we've seen in the series that he would able to outright one shot like 95% of it(zeus,GoW3 and beyond kratos, as well as fear and hope exluded)
Like Mimir's said, "Odin's got tricks up his sleeve that we haven't even dared to consider". Just hammers down the point of Norse relying more on magic and versatility than outright brute force strength like the Greeks. Even after getting his Ravens borked, man literally pulls out a book full of cheat codes to hold his own against the trio. Literal Ares moment.

By quite a lot, the millions of souls only stack up further seeing as we see the brothers yank out Titans like nothing. And the whole statement of "As our mountain grew so too did the might of the Olympians".
Honestly it'd easily be a two times multiplier for the Hades soul if you wanna wank it. Hades was equal to Kratos at that point and Kratos added his power to his own, lines up with Zeus being significantly stronger then the other Olympians but not to the point of being above the collective

Honestly it'd easily be a two times multiplier for the Hades soul if you wanna wank it. Hades was equal to Kratos at that point and Kratos added his power to his own, lines up with Zeus being significantly stronger then the other Olympians but not to the point of being above the collective
Zeus threatens to smite the collective in front of Iris and even threatens to smite Poseidon and Hades standing in the same spot, they got scared utterly shitless just by Zeus twitching his lightning in his fingers. And this is GOW2 Zeus. GOW3 Zeus is on a whole other level.

Zeus threatens to smite the collective in front of Iris and even threatens to smite Poseidon and Hades standing in the same spot, they got scared utterly shitless just by Zeus twitching his lightning in his fingers. And this is GOW2 Zeus. GOW3 Zeus is on a whole other level.
Thing is Zeus is paranoid and unstable in that same scene, I'd rather take Athena's testimony over his. The Hades and Poseidon thing is impressive but lines up with a 2X gap

Thing is Zeus is paranoid and unstable in that same scene, I'd rather take Athena's testimony over his.
Athena's testimony in the GOW1 novel only covered for the combined might of Poseidon and Artemis failing against Ares. And Athena herself was more so talking about Kratos's skill as a warrior, not his strength level necessarily.

However, as she states in GOW3, Zeus's current self would not fall as easily as Ares, and for Kratos to be able to defeat him, he would need the Power of Hope.

Also Zeus being paranoid and unstable there really doesn't affect how strong Zeus is TBF, in fact, it is actually Iris who tells Zeus about the whole "you cannot go against all of the gods, many of them conspire against you" line, not Athena.

The Hades and Poseidon thing is impressive but lines up with a 2X gap
I'd say it's unquantifiably over 2x, but how much further, we don't know, and that's for GOW2 Zeus, GOW3 Zeus is on a completely different level.

Didn't work out so well as we saw him break against Heimdall.
I mean that was a "this man about to kill my son" moment so not really fair
Those hax amplify his physicals too.
I mean other than rage of Cronos and the barbarian hammer which he doesn't have in GoW3 what else emps up his strength and durability?
He didn't. The only thing that got nerfed are his Blades of Athena. Only reason you don't see him using them in GOW3 is because of game mechanics and because there aren't enough buttons to accommodate for all that magic. Plus they got replaced by even better and much, much stronger powers.
I mean falling into the river styx loosing not only his godhood since he can't go through the gates of hyperion without a soul of a god(which he was at least 20 minutes ago) as well as us loosing the majority of out health and magic as well as having all the godly weapons turn to scrap metal kinda tells me he lost quite a good chunk of his power and titan aquired boosts
not what i ment I am asking the question of weather consuming the soul of hades really did anything significant for kratos other than making him a god again (which he still is considered a full fledged god as of 2018 as stated by cory which really makes me question if he really even lost the lost or not) like kratos was manhandeling hades with more of a strugle than he did posidon who is stated to be second only to Zeus but still was beating him down pretty badly and we never get anything that shows that the souls have like a multiplier effect or anything just that they add some power.
Like Mimir's said, "Odin's got tricks up his sleeve that we haven't even dared to consider". Just hammers down the point of Norse relying more on magic and versatility than outright brute force strength like the Greeks. Even after getting his Ravens borked, man literally pulls out a book full of cheat codes to hold his own against the trio. Literal Ares moment.
I mean true but many of his hax seem to rely purely on AP and durability enhancement like the rune magic on his hands that knocked kratos down to his knees with one touch or the fire and frost shields that can tank attacks form his fully enchaced weapons which is pretty ******* busted all things considered
but yeah he does do battle like ares funnily enough

Athena's testimony in the GOW1 novel only covered for the combined might of Poseidon and Artemis failing against Ares. And Athena herself was more so talking about Kratos's skill as a warrior, not his strength level necessarily.
No it's God of War II, it's in that scene in the novel where Zeus threatens to solo the Pantheon, though you may be right on Iris. The point is, Zeus is arrogant and mentally unstable, I wouldn't say he can literally solo the pantheon. The Athena thing is fair though, Kratos needed an edge

I mean other than rage of Cronos and the barbarian hammer which he doesn't have in GoW3 what else emps up his strength and durability?

I mean falling into the river styx loosing not only his godhood since he can't go through the gates of hyperion without a soul of a god(which he was at least 20 minutes ago) as well as us loosing the majority of out health and magic as well as having all the godly weapons turn to scrap metal kinda tells me he lost quite a good chunk of his power and titan aquired boosts
TBH I agree with this one, I think it's clear Kratos lost that earlier arsenal of weapons in the Styx.

Kind of is. Every time Kratos killed an Olympian is because they had to rub it in his face, attacked him first, or in Hera's case, she badmouthed Pandora. This ticked Kratos off in every bad way imaginable.

Atlas Quake.

He was already deemed "not a god" in GOW2 even after regaining the Blade of Olympus.

"Kratos shuddered as power surged through him. He had drained his godly powers into this blade and once again could tap into its reservoir of energy. He experienced the return of the powers of his godhead, if not the godhead itself. He remained a mortal but one with prodigious might." - GoW2 Novel, Chapter 49

And the only weapon available for use to Kratos was the BoO and the Blades of Athena. The whereabouts of Kratos's other weapons were never addressed.

not what i ment I am asking the question of weather consuming the soul of hades really did anything significant for kratos other than making him a god again
He isn't considered a god by the Olympians even after obtaining Hades's soul. Unofficially, he has the strength and powers of one, but officially, nobody there will acknowledge him as one ever again.

(which he still is considered a full fledged god as of 2018 as stated by cory which really makes me question if he really even lost the lost or not) like kratos was manhandeling hades with more of a strugle than he did posidon who is stated to be second only to Zeus but still was beating him down pretty badly and we never get anything that shows that the souls have like a multiplier effect or anything just that they add some power.
They just make Kratos unquantifiably stronger than before. That's it.

As for Kratos being acknowledged as a God by the Norse, that is indeed a plot hole that many seem to not have yet addressed. Because the Olympians had already decreed that Kratos was no longer worthy of being called a God. Hell, even Aphrodite states that though Kratos was no longer the God of War, he was still welcome to share her bed.

I mean true but many of his hax seem to rely purely on AP and durability enhancement like the rune magic on his hands that knocked kratos down to his knees with one touch or the fire and frost shields that can tank attacks form his fully enchaced weapons which is pretty ******* busted all things considered
but yeah he does do battle like ares funnily enough
A lot of them are Bifrost-related which bypass durability. Most of Odin's best hax is based on negating durability and nullifying powers, like in the case of Freya.

No it's God of War II, it's in that scene in the novel where Zeus threatens to solo the Pantheon, though you may be right on Iris.
Yup, called it, it's Iris who makes that statement.

The point is, Zeus is arrogant and mentally unstable, I wouldn't say he can literally solo the pantheon.
Athena has repeatedly stated that no god in the pantheon can ever hope to match the Brother Kings, and Zeus is the strongest of them all, as repeatedly hammered by several sources. That and there's him scaring Poseidon and Hades shitless in the same room (He had already threatened to one-shot Hades prior to this twice in a row in in Chapter 4).

TBH I agree with this one, I think it's clear Kratos lost that earlier arsenal of weapons in the Styx.
I'd say it's more so game mechanics to replace said weapons with something better in mind in GoW3 without actually officially getting rid of them.

Kind of is. Every time Kratos killed an Olympian is because they had to rub it in his face, attacked him first, or in Hera's case, she badmouthed Pandora. This ticked Kratos off in every bad way imaginable.
yep
Atlas Quake.
doesn't have it in GoW3
He was already deemed "not a god" in GOW2 even after regaining the Blade of Olympus.

"Kratos shuddered as power surged through him. He had drained his godly powers into this blade and once again could tap into its reservoir of energy. He experienced the return of the powers of his godhead, if not the godhead itself. He remained a mortal but one with prodigious might." - GoW2 Novel, Chapter 49

And the only weapon available for use to Kratos was the BoO and the Blades of Athena. The whereabouts of Kratos's other weapons were never addressed.
I mean fair for the god part i suppose but you didn't adress him losing his magic and health within the river and with no novel for 3 or statements about the old magics and powers the only way we can interprit that whole situation is him losing most of the powers and weapons he gained in GoW2 because nothing really contradicts that as there is no Titan magics of the GoW2 left for us to use after that little dip and kratos reciving the

treatment
He isn't considered a god by the Olympians even after obtaining Hades's soul. Unofficially, he has the strength and powers of one, but officially, nobody there will acknowledge him as one ever again.
honestly I think thats more to do with their pride more than anything else
They just make Kratos unquantifiably stronger than before. That's it.
I'd say he would be about twice as strong as he was before munching the soul but that's about it
As for Kratos being acknowledged as a God by the Norse, that is indeed a plot hole that many seem to not have yet addressed. Because the Olympians had already decreed that Kratos was no longer worthy of being called a God. Hell, even Aphrodite states that though Kratos was no longer the God of War, he was still welcome to share her bed.
I mean even cory said he is still a god and he is basically the resident Lore man of GoW you said that yourself in another thread.
A lot of them are Bifrost-related which bypass durability. Most of Odin's best hax is based on negating durability and nullifying powers, like in the case of Freya.
not the durability boosting ones

Yup, called it, it's Iris who makes that statement.

Athena has repeatedly stated that no god in the pantheon can ever hope to match the Brother Kings, and Zeus is the strongest of them all, as repeatedly hammered by several sources. That and there's him scaring Poseidon and Hades shitless in the same room (He had already threatened to one-shot Hades prior to this twice in a row in in Chapter 4).
You mean like in the scene where she's purposely winning Poseidon over to get him to empower Kratos? She even foresees Ares being too powerful for her to best even with Artemis and Poseidon's aid
I'd say it's more so game mechanics to replace said weapons with something better in mind in GoW3 without actually officially getting rid of them.
I mean even gameplay mechanics can be supported by lore, it requires less gymnastics to assume those weapons are gone then the alternative. If we don't see them referenced after Kratos falls into the magic killing river, it's probably because they're gone now

doesn't have it in GoW3
More like he doesn't use it because he doesn't need to anymore, he's got the Blade of Olympus on him.

I mean fair for the god part i suppose but you didn't adress him losing his magic and health within the river and with no novel for 3 or statements about the old magics and powers the only way we can interprit that whole situation is him losing most of the powers and weapons he gained in GoW2 because nothing really contradicts that as there is no Titan magics of the GoW2 left for us to use after that little dip and kratos
He doesn't use that magic in the beginning of GOW3 anyway so that really doesn't work as an argument. Also, after the fall, the Blade of Olympus no longer lights up without either Zeus or Kratos holding it and channeling their power through it, further confirming that whatever power Kratos had drained into the Blade effectively returned to him, and now he has to channel his own inner power into the Blade to make it do anything worthwhile other than being a useless hunk of metal.

honestly I think thats more to do with their pride more than anything else
It's more than just pride, he was a bane on the entirety of Olympus. They were consumed by Fear and the fact that if the Olympians died the entire world would be thrown into chaos.

I'd say he would be about twice as strong as he was before munching the soul but that's about it
Funny thing about this is Poseidon was actually supposed to be a much more devastating boss fight, as after his water form was defeated you'd need additional help from Gaia to beat his human form. But alas, here we are.

I mean even cory said he is still a god and he is basically the resident Lore man of GoW you said that yourself in another thread.
He's most definitely speaking from the Norse PoV now since the Greek side is done and finished.

not the durability boosting ones
Odin uses both stat amp haxes and other haxes involving durability bypassing. He spams them like crazy.

other than Ares
Ares is only shown to come up to Poseidon + Artemis as a combo in Athena's precognitive dreams, what happens next is not known, other than the defeat of Olympus. But even Ares knew what kind of warrior Kratos was, a warrior worthy enough to rival even him, and ultimately, he was right, that's why he had to use the cheat code to demotivate him, but in the end he lost because Kratos got the Blade of the Gods. In the end, Kratos turned out to be an even worse monster than Ares could even dream of.

You mean like in the scene where she's purposely winning Poseidon over to get him to empower Kratos? She even foresees Ares being too powerful for her to best even with Artemis and Poseidon's aid
She was speaking about the other gods not named Ares. Ares is definitely not "the other gods". He's Top 4 as shown by Ascension.

I mean even gameplay mechanics can be supported by lore, it requires less gymnastics to assume those weapons are gone then the alternative. If we don't see them referenced after Kratos falls into the magic killing river, it's probably because they're gone now
The weapons aren't necessarily referenced throughout GOW2 either, especially by the endgame.

More like he doesn't use it because he doesn't need to anymore, he's got the Blade of Olympus on him.

He doesn't use that magic in the beginning of GOW3 anyway so that really doesn't work as an argument. Also, after the fall, the Blade of Olympus no longer lights up without either Zeus or Kratos holding it and channeling their power through it, further confirming that whatever power Kratos had drained into the Blade effectively returned to him, and now he has to channel his own inner power into the Blade to make it do anything worthwhile other than being a useless hunk of metal.
i mean this entirly realies on kratos not losing those magics In the river even though we see the spirits drain his magic power

the hole Idea of the titan powers remaining and kratos just going nah aspecially after he loses a considerable amount of magic and power in the river makes no sense it relies on mental gymnastics.

The far more likely explonation for the loss of weapons and magics is that kratos had them drained or destroy'd when he fell into the river

i mean this entirly realies on kratos not losing those magics In the river even though we see the spirits drain his magic power
The Blade no longer lighting up without either Zeus or Kratos touching it throws a wrench into that entirely, not that it means anything for his overall power level as that remains the same due to the Blade lighting up only when either he or Zeus use it. He would also not be able to use the Arms of Sparta magic attack if he had no magic left at all.

the whole Idea of the titan powers remaining and kratos just going nah aspecially after he loses a considerable amount of magic and power in the river makes no sense it relies on mental gymnastics.
Kind of doesn't as we already see in the novel that Kratos also regained his God powers from the Blade, and also, refer to the Blade not lighting up without Kratos touching it and channeling his power through it.

The far more likely explonation for the loss of weapons and magics is that kratos had them drained or destroy'd when he fell into the river
Even if he did that still doesn't mean much for Kratos's overall power level if the Blade of Olympus is anything to go by.

She was speaking about the other gods not named Ares. Ares is definitely not "the other gods". He's Top 4 as shown by Ascension.
Nah she outright mentions Poseidon specifically
The weapons aren't necessarily referenced throughout GOW2 either, especially by the endgame.
Still more then GOWIII and there's no reason for them to be absent unlike the third game

Nah she outright mentions Poseidon specifically
"My lord uncle, please!” Athena cried. “Let not your wrath fall upon him directly! There is no shame in being bested by great Poseidon, ruler of two-thirds of all that is. No lesser god can hope to stand against any of the brother kings. If you truly want to punish Ares, you must smite his pride." - GOW1 Novel Chapter 4

Still more then GOWIII and there's no reason for them to be absent unlike the third game
And yet they don't even appear for use when Kratos makes his "Your Son has Returned" entry line.

The Blade no longer lighting up without either Zeus or Kratos touching it throws a wrench into that entirely, not that it means anything for his overall power level as that remains the same due to the Blade lighting up only when either he or Zeus use it. He would also not be able to use the Arms of Sparta magic attack if he had no magic left at all.

never said he didn't have magic left we see that he does have some of it left just far from all of it, plus i don't think they are channeling their power in the same as kratos did at the start of GoW2 and more so controling his power locked in the blade
Kind of doesn't as we already see in the novel that Kratos also regained his God powers from the Blade, and also, refer to the Blade not lighting up without Kratos touching it and channeling his power through it.
again he still has magic just not all of it
Even if he did that still doesn't mean much for Kratos's overall power level if the Blade of Olympus is anything to go by.
I mean he went from beating posidon like nothing to somewhat strugling with hades

"My lord uncle, please!” Athena cried. “Let not your wrath fall upon him directly! There is no shame in being bested by great Poseidon, ruler of two-thirds of all that is. No lesser god can hope to stand against any of the brother kings. If you truly want to punish Ares, you must smite his pride." - GOW1 Novel Chapter 4
Once again, read the context, she's trying to flatter him. She also acquiesces that "Poseidonia" is a better name for the city then Athens
And yet they don't even appear for use when Kratos makes his "Your Son has Returned" entry line.
You mean the one scene in III before he loses them? I wonder why

plus i don't think they are channeling their power in the same as kratos did at the start of GoW2 and more so controling his power locked in the blade
Kratos drained his powers into the Blade and became mortal, that's not channeling your power to amplify a weapon, by the end of GOW2 he took back that power for himself as per the novel and fought against Zeus even when the latter had the Blade for himself. That power didn't go into Zeus, it remained in Kratos. Why would Zeus suddenly have less control over the Blade that he himself forged with his own powers?

The Blade used to light up before all of this even when not in the hands of their original wielders. Now it doesn't. It's now just a useless hunk of metal.

again he still has magic just not all of it

I mean he went from beating posidon like nothing to somewhat strugling with hades
You completely forgot Poseidon's Death Flood killing even more people on top and those stacking up on top of Hades.

Back