• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Again though, electricity normally scars and destroys the body, those are electrical burns and it's something incredibly common, it's not necessarily Deconstruction Hax. "Destroying the Body" can refer to that given irl burns can cause tissue and organ damage
Poseidon's electricity isn't normal electricity, it eats through the body first (Novel states that Poseidon's Rage doesn't even leave vapor behind) and then goes straight through the soul.

Poseidon's electricity isn't normal electricity, it eats through the body first (Novel states that Poseidon's Rage doesn't even leave vapor behind) and then goes straight through the soul.
No but Its still not a strong case for Deconstruction on those grounds, the rage certainly has more to it though

Kratos: I don't believe in Luck

Ragnarok RPG stats: Luck stat
Yeah it's insane and it might be canon since Luck is a canon part of the human soul now
More supportive evidence, nice
Yep, there's a Runic Attack called Apollo's Gift too in the last one which just heals you (no deaths required)
BoO heals just via attacks? Didn't know.
Yeah each slice siphons power and vitality from an opponent if you have the Blade of Olympus
Damn, same exact powers for so many attachments. This'll be a long list to cover.
Yeah it's partly why I think these should be tabbers for each thing (Like Pommels, Grips, Enchantments, Armours)

Honestly, considering the weapons and artifacts they've made, the Huldra Brothers are really high up in the series in terms of crafting, probably only second to Olympians like Hephaestus and Athena.

Honestly, considering the weapons and artifacts they've made, the Huldra Brothers are really high up in the series in terms of crafting, probably only second to Olympians like Hephaestus and Athena.
Hephaestus and Athena would be top dog. Nothing screams perfection like making a big-ass box to seal off literal figures of speech, or then forging blades powerful enough to channel the power of said figures of speech to beat the ever-living shit out of the King of the Gods, now Fear itself.

Honestly only Hepheasteus beats them out and even then they have arguments

Honestly only Hepheasteus beats them out and even then they have arguments
Hephaestus is at the top of the list. Athena second and even that is impressive considering she's not a smith by nature.

Even the mortals in Greece would give the Huldra brothers a run for their money just by the sheer scale of the objects they build.

I mean, being fair to the Huldra Brothers, they made the Leviathan Axe, Mjolnir, the unaltered Draupnir Ring and presumably even Gungnir. On top of their ability to wield and forge abstract ideas into physical armor, I'd say they scale above the Greek mortals in crafting ability. Though, Daedalus is pretty up there as well.

Hephaestus is at the top of the list. Athena second and even that is impressive considering she's not a smith by nature.

Even the mortals in Greece would give the Huldra brothers a run for their money just by the sheer scale of the objects they build.
Eh I feel sheer versatility they take it considering they've made weapons capable of tearing the fabric of reality, shaking existence, weaponizing light with magical implications and much more. Athena only really creates big blades with magick so if she's there Zeus take that spot

Eh I feel sheer versatility they take it considering they've made weapons capable of tearing the fabric of reality, shaking existence, weaponizing light with magical implications and much more. Athena only really creates big blades with magick so if she's there Zeus take that spot
Most of which still pale in comparison to the build quality of Olympian weaponry, which are built to last for very obvious reasons.

I mean, being fair to the Huldra Brothers, they made the Leviathan Axe, Mjolnir, the unaltered Draupnir Ring and presumably even Gungnir. On top of their ability to wield and forge abstract ideas into physical armor, I'd say they scale above the Greek mortals in crafting ability. Though, Daedalus is pretty up there as well.
Hephaestus forged the original Blades of Chaos in the pits of Tartarus using Chaos's flames, forged the Gauntlet of Zeus to imprison the Titans in Tartarus after the War, and quite possibly many of the other pieces of weaponry that the Olympians are most famed for, not to mention shaping the metals in the Flames of Olympus that would be responsible for becoming Pandora's Box.

As for why more of those weapons didn't contain hax, it could easily be argued that the Gods having those abilities themselves from the get-go kind of made the whole idea of forging weapons for those reasons redundant, so at best they'd just need a weapon powerful enough to withstand their might.

I have a question. When questioned by mimir, Kratos says he cannot get back his Greece magic anymore, which implies that all greece magic was destroyed when Greece was destroyed, htf do Blades of Chaos still work then? Their magic is also from greece, no?
its more than likely to do with the primoridal magics that surtur mentioned that seems to be in the blades

Also, did they ever address how Kronos and Rhea....ya know? Or is that just something we leave to the imagination?

Wait, the next game will be about Egypt? I thought it would still be about Norse, since "We have got a lot of repair". Also what about the novel thingy, in which kratos went to Egypt and they said "this isn't the place for you" or smthing?
the devs said that ragnarok will be the last in the norse saga
where do we go next? don't know really
it'd be pretty neat if we went to the hindu's cuse that could net some pretty nuts scaling but egypt is the more likely option due to popularity

Soul King solos every single Chinaman verse don't @ me 😤

ChinaOnTier3Bleach.jpg

also got to say didn't like Ragnarök quite as much as 2018, like the gameplay was waay better but it was built off of the previous game almost to a T where most of the new attacks are just the old runic stuff, the story was somewhat better but felt a bit disjointed and the wow factor was present for like 2 boss fights with one being literally the second fight of the game being the fight with Thor where it legitimately felt like we were battling a god with the second fight being a rather underwhelming disappointment, like I was expecting it to be balls to the wall with both kratos and Thor going batshit crazy no holding back instead we got like a 30 foot arena which wasn’t even destroyed in the fight itself.

I WAS EXPECTING TO RIP THE WORLD TREE TO SHREDS DAMN IT

also got to say didn't like Ragnarök quite as much as 2018, like the gameplay was waay better but it was built off of the previous game almost to a T where most of the new attacks are just the old runic stuff, the story was somewhat better but felt a bit disjointed and the wow factor was present for like 2 boss fights with one being literally the second fight of the game being the fight with Thor where it legitimately felt like we were battling a god with the second fight being a rather underwhelming disappointment, like I was expecting it to be balls to the wall with both kratos and Thor going batshit crazy no holding back instead we got like a 30 foot arena which wasn’t even destroyed in the fight itself.

I WAS EXPECTING TO RIP THE WORLD TREE TO SHREDS DAMN IT
Yeah, they definitely didn't utilize scale as well as they did for someone like Baldur.

Back