• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

So funny I forgot to laugh
Why thank you, i'm quite the comedian aren't i?

ChinaOnTier3Bleach.jpg
Fake, Photoshoped, Fabricated, False, Wrong....

Fake, Photoshoped, Fabricated, False, Wrong....
COPE, SEETHE, MALD, DILATE, CRY ABOUT IT, L + RATIO + BOZO + TOUCH SEA + AESIR + MISTLETOED + NO AXE + TOUCH ELYSIUM FIELDS + ANOTHER STUNNING FAILURE + NO FAMILY

Speaking of, do we have any codified skill blog or some such? I made a feats section for Ji Ning that detailed his skill feats for all stages and I think something similar for Kratos would help a lot. That or a blog of some kind.
Been doing that for every profile I make. Makes stuff so much cleaner, and I hope more profiles do shiz like this.

A section of the profile or a blog for Kratos skill feats would be a great addition.

I'd note the Black Breath also implies Death Manipulation since it kills birds who enter it in the novelization
Oh shit fr? I've never read the novel for 2018 and don't currently have a way to read it (Would try sailing the high seas to download a very legit copy but my laptop tends to sound like a jet whenever I try stuff like that) so if someone can toss me a scan I can add it to his abilities.

A section of the profile or a blog for Kratos skill feats would be a great addition.
It'd go straight into the Feats section I'd reckon.

Oh shit fr? I've never read the novel for 2018 and don't currently have a way to read it (Would try sailing the high seas to download a very legit copy but my laptop tends to sound like a jet whenever I try stuff like that) so if someone can toss me a scan I can add it to his abilities.
Only thing you'll find is Epubs and even those are damn hard to find (I have an EPUB), but Calibre fixes that issue.

They approached a cave opening in the side of the mountain. The surrounding rock was carved in the shape of a gigantic, howling face, with the cave entrance serving as the gaping, screaming mouth. An undulating black miasma spewed along the ground, smothering the pathway. “Is that smoke?” Atreus asked. A trio of crested larks, locked in combat with each other, battled before the two on the path. When the birds noticed the approaching pair, they untangled, with two launching skyward while the third scampered on the ground until it encountered the fog. The lark began flapping wildly, now unable to take flight as if snared by the mysterious mist. It flopped out of control until, moments later, it went still, disappearing inside the miasma. “Remain back, boy,” Kratos said, stopping him with an outstretched arm. “That’s not just fog.” Kratos ransacked his memory. He’d never before encountered something that potent. The encroaching putrid stench of rotting flesh forced Atreus to bury his nose in the crook of his arm. “Aww, what is it?” he asked. (God of War [2018 Novelisation], P. 131)

Yep. Plus, matches are a lot easier since you can just point them to the profile when they ask for skill.
We could scour the comics for feats as a starter, start from the bottom up. Kid Kratos folds some of the best Spartan fighters before becoming one himself.

Dexterity scaling for whatever turning a joystick during sex is supposed to mean
I should note that Kratos also resists some sort of weird death hax while having sex with those twins in the first game without even realizing it until after the sisters Zora and Lora tell him of what happened to the others before him, they're Aphrodite's daughters BTW

I should note that Kratos also resists some sort of weird death hax while having sex with those twins in the first game without even realizing it until after the sisters Zora and Lora tell him of what happened to the others before him, they're Aphrodite's daughters BTW
He's just built different.

Which I pointed out to you 🔫
You can be 100% sure that this is gonna be in the upcoming CRT.
I expect nothing less o you
Dexterity scaling for whatever turning a joystick during sex is supposed to mean
Shit good point

I do wonder if Fimbulwinter would give any resistances, seeing as its the canon reason why all of Kratos' stuff got downgraded from max level in 2018 to level 1 in ragnarok

Resistance to Magic Absorption I suppose. All the magic of the Nine Realms was weakened over time as Fimbulwinter went on. It funneled into the Fire and Frost Phantoms from what I remember.

I do wonder if Fimbulwinter would give any resistances, seeing as its the canon reason why all of Kratos' stuff got downgraded from max level in 2018 to level 1 in ragnarok

wait this means that the upgrades to the weapons we got in the last game are outright canon

the dwarves improved the blades of chaos
I wander how they compare to other blades through the series with the upgrades they get in both games

wait this means that the upgrades to the weapons we got in the last game are outright canon

I wander how they compare to other blades through the series with the upgrades they get in both games
I mean, yeah, its always been a thing that upgrades are canon in each game and then there is always a canon reason why they get downgraded

Good thing I put in the gallery images for the upgrade paths of the Blades of Chaos then.

I mean, yeah, its always been a thing that upgrades are canon in each game and then there is always a canon reason why they get downgraded
I mean in previous games the downgrades where really in your face
in Ragnarok it was a tad bit more up in the air due to the gear system itself so I wasn't overly certain but now I am

Resistance to Magic Absorption I suppose. All the magic of the Nine Realms was weakened over time as Fimbulwinter went on. It funneled into the Fire and Frost Phantoms from what I remember.
I thought they would manifest into other elementals.

I actually theorized in my head that because their armor got used up their equipment also wore out overtime, early in the game's first days of spoiler-hunting.

I wander how the fully upgraded runic chaos blades stack up to the previous blades of the series because from what we see in the games they have more magical abilities than most other blades other than the baldes of exile

also I just though about something why wouldn't the Norse also get AD I mean the whole reason we say that it doesn't quite apply to kratos in the norse is because he is rusty but that is a flimsy exuse at best considering that the greek gods where still getting stronger even inside Cronos and i kinda doubt they where doing their push ups and crunches in there

also I just though about something why wouldn't the Norse also get AD I mean the whole reason we say that it doesn't quite apply to kratos in the norse is because he is rusty but that is a flimsy exuse at best considering that the greek gods where still getting stronger even inside Cronos and i kinda doubt they where doing their push ups and crunches in there
....Why would they have AD? No Norse God gets overtly stronger to my knowledge.

The Greek Gods weren't getting stronger via AD, but via Empowerment from Prayers and such after the war (Hades via Souls). Only Zeus, Ares and Kratos have blatant AD where they grow stronger by every passing moment. Norse Kratos has it slow because now he has to activate it by being in combat due to being rusty as ****, whereas Greek Kratos grew stronger with every passing moment, as evident when the Colossus with Kratos's powers was growing considerably stronger with every passing moment in Rhodes without actually fighting anything, just randomly destroying shit and/or waiting for Kratos to make the next move.

Nobody in Norse ever gets stronger over time.

I actually theorized in my head that because their armor got used up their equipment also wore out overtime, early in the game's first days of spoiler-hunting.
It's worth noting Fimbulwinter weakened Odin's curse as well, allowing Freya to fight Kratos but not leave Midgard

Back