• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Tfw when Thor got a Tier 2 upgrade and not Post Crisis Superman.

Anyway, a decent match is actually MCU Thanos Vs GOW Thor.

Might seem like a stomp, but I think it could actually go either way. Especially if bloodlusted.

Nah not really. Thor don't resist deconstruction, and all he has to do is tap Thanos once. Both could kill the other easily.
The two instances thanos had that ability he left himself open to get btfo making the wincon unviable In character, and the deconstruction is not instantaneous either so by the time Thor actually vanishes thanos already got hammered to oblivion.

I wonder if Pre-Hope God of War III Kratos can have any decent matches in 2-C.

Yeah Comic Thor is a hax cannon compared to GoW Thor.
Really even Greek Kratos likely has issues
He is, but a lot of his Hax he kinda rarely uses, at least it seems like that to me.
True but he's used it in desparate situations and nothing GOW Thor has is really anything new to him. His better healing also means he'd prolly outlast him

I think Greek Kratos Mid diffs 616 base Thor. Norse High Diffs. Rune King not so much, and Cates run Thor **** no lol
True but he's used it in desparate situations and nothing GOW Thor has is really anything new to him. His better healing also means he'd prolly outlast him
He wouldn't really be in a desperate situation against someone as haxless as GOW Thor.

He should take the fight mid diff tho, Much more experienced and should be more skilled, as well as having a larger arsenal of weaponry

Nah, Kratos actually has a decent amount of hax which is gonna kick into overdrive once the CRTs hit. Only issue would be Thor having one universe more to his AP description in base and having a 2-A Godblast.

Shouldn't they be a lot higher than 9 universes due to the Yggdrasil? Obviously still 2-C ofc, just unquantifiably higher?
Unfortunately, nah. 9 Realms for Norse.

Comic Thor is 10 (Maybe 11?) universes due to that one extra timeline on his Yggdrasil, which last I hear caused some controversies amongst comic readers for reasons I can't explain.

Nah, Kratos actually has a decent amount of hax which is gonna kick into overdrive once the CRTs hit. Only issue would be Thor having one universe more to his AP description in base and having a 2-A Godblast.
Hmm anything that would bypass Thor's Resistances?
Speaking of Thor, I wonder if the Leviathan axe was inspired by Thor's Jarnborn Axe, when he was unworthy.
I think more Mjolnir thanks to mechanics and just axes being a stereotypically Viking weapon
Our Ygg should scale higher due to being unquantifiably more 4D via hypertimeline.
Which I am sure Marvel Ygg has to greater capacity but Vswb be Vswb....
Hypertimeline?
I think Greek Kratos Mid diffs 616 base Thor. Norse High Diffs. Rune King not so much, and Cates run Thor **** no lol

He wouldn't really be in a desperate situation against someone as haxless as GOW Thor.

He should take the fight mid diff tho, Much more experienced and should be more skilled, as well as having a larger arsenal of weaponry
Really Low Diff imo, GOW Thor only has relative AP, Marvel Thor has much better skills, likely better AP and a larger pool of hax (possibly better stamina too)

Hmm anything that would bypass Thor's Resistances?
Soul Manip for starters, and Claws of Hades. Then there's the Blade of Olympus.

Also why does Thor not have Soul Manip resistance on his profile despite it being in his Notable Techniques section? What gives?

Hypertimeline?
Overarching timeline that exists higher than and encompasses a standard timeline, kinda like Dragon Ball and DC Comics, but are still stuck in Tier 2 because VSBW is VSBW

Honestly, given that both Yggs have such statements they are supposed to be higher, but like I said, Ultima be Ultima so good luck getting either tree any higher than they are right now.

Also here's stuff for the Codex. Notably even fodder Einharjar can tear out a foe's jaws (Class 50) and Bifrost can explode when hit after saturating a target.
Soul Manip for starters, and Claws of Hades. Then there's the Blade of Olympus.

Also why does Thor not have Soul Manip resistance on his profile despite it being in his Notable Techniques section? What gives?
Doesn't Thor literally resist Soul Manipulation though? Power Absorption is solid though, I can see thaat being an issue (Of course Thor's Mjolnir can detect things like that and idk if the BoO stands up against Matter Hax or the Godblast.
A outer bigger timeline which wraps around a normal timeline..
Overarching timeline that exists higher than and encompasses a standard timeline, kinda like Dragon Ball and DC Comics, but are still stuck in Tier 2 because VSBW is VSBW

Honestly, given that both Yggs have such statements they are supposed to be higher, but like I said, Ultima be Ultima so good luck getting either tree any higher than they are right now.
Eh tbh both Ygg's have that so it's basically meaning very little

Also here's stuff for the Codex. Notably even fodder Einharjar can tear out a foe's jaws (Class 50) and Bifrost can explode when hit after saturating a target.
There is no calc for ripping out jaws anymore, that calc got nuked.

Doesn't Thor literally resist Soul Manipulation though?
He does but nobody bothered adding it to his Resistances section.

Power Absorption is solid though, I can see thaat being an issue (Of course Thor's Mjolnir can detect things like that and idk if the BoO stands up against Matter Hax or the Godblast.
Kratos stands against Deconstruction that utterly annihilates both the body and soul (Light of Alfheim, Poseidon) so I'd say yeah.

Godblast is definitely gonna be problematic tho.

Eh tbh both Ygg's have that so it's basically meaning very little
Unfortunately, yes, no thanks to wiki policy, but oh well, Tier 2 is more based.

I don't get all this Thor talk anyway. Plenty of other characters got upgraded with him. The Sentry is a lot more haxxed (and has whooped Thor's ass a few times btw) and is way more willing to use his Hax.

He could be a good fight. He'd fair worse in H2H tho as he's got low skills in that department.

I have plenty of Kratos matches planned. I'll probably make that one.

But I always wanted to see Kratos fight World war Hulk. That would be Brutal.

Also the Codex mentions Odin can imbue creatures with Bifrost energy (More Power Bestowal and outright showing that Odin commands the Bifrost). Also Sigrun is named by Kratos as "the most lethal opponent" they faced in the last game so that and her Odin statement put her high up. Also Kratos is called the Ashen God and Winter Man which is fun
Kratos stands against Deconstruction that utterly annihilates both the body and soul (Light of Alfheim, Poseidon) so I'd say yeah.

Godblast is definitely gonna be problematic tho.
TBH Deconstruction can be achieved through means other then matter or anti-matter manipulation so I wouldn't take that as gospel. I've also long mentioned the Poseidon's Eye "destroying the body" is just a reference to electricity burning the shit out of your body (though I can go with either)
I don't get all this Thor talk anyway. Plenty of other characters got upgraded with him. The Sentry is a lot more haxxed (and has whooped Thor's ass a few times btw) and is way more willing to use his Hax.

He could be a good fight. He'd fair worse in H2H tho as he's got low skills in that department.

I have plenty of Kratos matches planned. I'll probably make that one
Mostly because it's a good thematic fight and le funny since Kratos fought Thor (and Thor fought Demigods like Hercules). Sentry is likely a stomp though, I'd recommend Gorr if that's a fight you're into (Preferably Norse Kratos)

TBH Deconstruction can be achieved through means other then matter or anti-matter manipulation so I wouldn't take that as gospel. I've also long mentioned the Poseidon's Eye "destroying the body" is just a reference to electricity burning the shit out of your body (though I can go with either)
It mentions spirit too.

Mostly because it's a good thematic fight and le funny since Kratos fought Thor (and Thor fought Demigods like Hercules). Sentry is likely a stomp though, I'd recommend Gorr if that's a fight you're into (Preferably Norse Kratos)
Norse Kratos's abilities will need another CRT that can't be handled by the upcoming CRT alone. Too many missing abilities in Norse still need to be documented.

Yeah, and plenty of the Gods Kratos fought are a part of Thor's supporting cast. Marvel herc is extremely OP. Gorr vs Kratos is a good one that I've been thinking about since gorr first showed up in 2013.

Not sure Sentry is a stomp tho, Kratos probably couldn't get past his Regen tbh.

It mentions spirit too.

Norse Kratos's abilities will need another CRT that can't be handled by the upcoming CRT alone. Too many missing abilities in Norse still need to be documented.
Which is Soul Hax since it's described as destroying the Soul, it's not grounds for Deconstruction alone by that statement. And agreed I've been digging and Ragnarok gives us tons of new stuff. There's this Seidr Poison that inflicts wounds which never heal, More Electricity Manipulation, whatever the **** the Bifrost does, enhanced Lifesteal (Which is via each strike, not necessarily fatal ones), Statistics Amplification (At the cost of Life-Force), the ability to Stun fools, and Light Manipulation
Is there anyone in Star Wars that could beat Kratos?
There will be in Legends after the revisions, The Ones will be Low 1-C. Mindhax might **** up Kratos though since many of the SW characters have mindhax in the millions. Though Odin can telepathically drive you on which is nice

Which is Soul Hax since it's described as destroying the Soul, it's not grounds for Deconstruction alone by that statement.
I know, just saying that Poseidon's powers destroy both the body and soul at once. Deconstruction is for the body, soul manip for the soul, that's why they're listed separately on the same line.

And agreed I've been digging and Ragnarok gives us tons of new stuff. There's this Seidr Poison that inflicts wounds which never heal, More Electricity Manipulation, whatever the **** the Bifrost does, enhanced Lifesteal (Which is via each strike, not necessarily fatal ones), Statistics Amplification (At the cost of Life-Force), the ability to Stun fools, and Light Manipulation
Hmmmmmm.
https://youtu.be/AcwpQaqLAT8?t=1106
There will be in Legends after the revisions, The Ones will be Low 1-C. Mindhax might **** up Kratos though since many of the SW characters have mindhax in the millions. Though Odin can telepathically drive you on which is nice
Last I remember mindhax via numbers don't work anymore, you need layers of hax for it to mean anything now.

I know, just saying that Poseidon's powers destroy both the body and soul at once. Deconstruction is for the body, soul manip for the soul, that's why they're listed separately on the same line.
Again though, electricity normally scars and destroys the body, those are electrical burns and it's something incredibly common, it's not necessarily Deconstruction Hax. "Destroying the Body" can refer to that given irl burns can cause tissue and organ damage

What you thinking?
Last I remember mindhax via numbers don't work anymore, you need layers of hax for it to mean anything now.
Huh TIL

Back