• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

So, anyone have that post with the powers of Bifrost Energy? I think Heimdall would get most if not all of it considering how adept he is at it.
Odin too
COPE, SEETHE, MALD AND DILATE
Eat dick
I mean, the Higher Existence originated in GOW3 so IDK who else you could give credit to.
Anyone else because the Higher Plane is > Greece
I guess so.
This would likely extend to Baldur and Odin as well as anyone else who survives blows from these weapons unscathed
Yeah I love the maxed out 2018 weapons. Ragnarok is, meh. Looked better in 2018. Looks like the Axe got smaller, too.
Shit is cold what do you expect
And Thor's page is really ******* dry. He doesn't have much Hax, but he does need new stuff.
Agreed, dude might need a lot of work
Like rage power/statistic amplification
And instinctive reaction since his whole thing is not thinking
Maybe Time manipulation/BFR
Funnily he had “Limited Space Time Manipulation” and BFR once but idk why I got removed
Paralysis Inducement?
yep, he paralyses Kratos in Boss 1 and prolly gets Mid-Low Healing if he doesn’t already have it. He’d also get Ice Resistance for Leviathan and Thamur’s death
might be something good in this

chews popcorn
Give me the Thor > Zeus meta

also Ares is > Poseidon and Hades

When you first get to Svartlfheim, the dwarf that spits over the bridge is Odin. You can see the dwarf in the prison where Tyr was with slightly different clothes.

I have a question. When questioned by mimir, Kratos says he cannot get back his Greece magic anymore, which implies that all greece magic was destroyed when Greece was destroyed, htf do Blades of Chaos still work then? Their magic is also from greece, no?

I have a question. When questioned by mimir, Kratos says he cannot get back his Greece magic anymore, which implies that all greece magic was destroyed when Greece was destroyed, htf do Blades of Chaos still work then? Their magic is also from greece, no?
Perhaps the Primordial Fire within them can sustain itself independently of the magic of a land.

Perhaps the Primordial Fire within them can sustain itself independently of the magic of a land.
Well, it worked in the case of surtr, So is there a explanation for it or are Primordial things just universal or something?

Ugh, its confusing, I am not even sure what the Primordial Fire is.

Last edited:
might be something good in this

Nothing really important to note besides little details I guess.

Some other things Eric mentioned:
Heimdall pretty much sees a person's mind/intention. He wasn't making things up when he told Atreus about what he sees in him on the gondola when he first got to Asgard.

The Draupnir spear can create infinite copies of itself.

The people in Odin's prison that fell from Asgard are all people who he disguised himself as

Cory Barlog was tired and didn't want to another game and asked Eric to do it and after about a year of convincing Eric accepted the offer.

One of the reasons Mjlnoir isn't usable is that it was expected and was too easy of a guess.

yep, he paralyses Kratos in Boss 1 and prolly gets Mid-Low Healing if he doesn’t already have it. He’d also get Ice Resistance for Leviathan and Thamur’s death
Thor has 0 healing or regen. he never regened from any of kratos's attacks, so he'd just get supernatural willpower and type 2 immortality.
chews popcorn
Give me the Thor > Zeus meta

also Ares is > Poseidon and Hades
Unfounded Gay

Funnily he had “Limited Space Time Manipulation” and BFR once but idk why I got removed
Yeah, because he sent the serpent back in time, but only because they both splintered the Yggdrasil, not because of an innate ability. However, in Ragnarok, it didn't look like the tree was splintered and Thor kinda did it on his own
He released all his powers in GOW3 and left the blade of Olympus that contained them behind.
Thor has 0 healing or regen. he never regened from any of kratos's attacks, so he'd just get supernatural willpower and type 2 immortality
1) So we gonna ignore him getting stabbed through the chest with the spear and regening?
Jormugandr's poison

Hey, look, another interview. Let's see what it has.

One thing I will mention is that Cory Barlog was apparently pretty hands-off for Ragnarok besides a few things here and there and saying the game must have 3 things.
1. Ragnarok
2. Atreus leaving at the end
3. Brok's death

One thing I will mention is that Cory Barlog was apparently pretty hands-off for Ragnarok besides a few things here and there and saying the game must have 3 things.
1. Ragnarok
2. Atreus leaving at the end
3. Brok's death
damn killed Brok😔

Yes, the chest wound was also not regenerated because of the ax poison that Jormungandr passed when she swallowed the axe, it was mentioned in GOW if I'm not mistaken
Like there's gotta be something there, IDK maybe check with the devs. It's worth noting it seemingly stopped Magni from returning to Valhalla which is wild
Is hope more powerful than anything in the Gow franchise? then i wonder, how Athens controlled it.
Yes and she didn't, she simply summoned it
I lied. Kratos did die against Thor. According to Eric Mjlnoir has a unique ability in the myth to bring goats back to life and they wanted to nod to that by having Thor use it to bring Kratos back to life.
Resurrection for Thor and some nice scaling let's go. He also banged up the Guardian shield pretty good

Forgot to mention this about the first Ragnarok interview I posted but Eric wanted to note that when Kratos finally hits Heimdall with his fist, the Draupnir ring is what's scrapes Heimdall.

He also banged up the Guardian shield pretty goo
no-sully.gif

I lied. Kratos did die against Thor. According to Eric Mjlnoir has a unique ability in the myth to bring goats back to life and they wanted to nod to that by having Thor use it to bring Kratos back to life.
Only as long as no bone is damaged.

The original fable tells that Thor used to lend his goats to a family as a rent to stay in their house. They were allowed to eat flesh off of the goat as long as they didn't damage the bones.... That way Thor could keep resurrecting the goats.
One day the family damaged the hip bone of a goat by mistake. The goat was ressurected crippled. Then Thor took the children from the family as servants as punishment.

Yeah Baldur was higher scale.

And funny enough it was supposed to be even higher as Baldur was supposed to throw a whole mountain at Kratos, and Kratos was supposed to knock it in half.

The Baldur fight always gives me Man of Steel vibes. This one should have really used the power of Next gen consoles, and have Kratos and Thor Shattering Mountains, and like mentioned here earlier, breaking the bounds of space and time and knocking each other through the Nine realms.

Odin wasn't bad either, just kinda underwhelming.

Still, next game will be fully next gen so I'm excited to see what high scale fights we'll have.

If I don't see Kratos wrestling Horus in the middle of a pyramid then imma be absolutely pissed

Yeah Baldur was higher scale.

And funny enough it was supposed to be even higher as Baldur was supposed to throw a whole mountain at Kratos, and Kratos was supposed to knock it in half.

The Baldur fight always gives me Man of Steel vibes. This one should have really used the power of Next gen consoles, and have Kratos and Thor Shattering Mountains, and like mentioned here earlier, breaking the bounds of space and time and knocking each other through the Nine realms.

Odin wasn't bad either, just kinda underwhelming.
Yeah I wish we got some of that, show me Kratos and Thor making realm tears
seriously it jams, check out the first fight
Forgot to mention this about the first Ragnarok interview I posted but Eric wanted to note that when Kratos finally hits Heimdall with his fist, the Draupnir ring is what's scrapes Heimdall.
huh funny
If I don't see Kratos wrestling Horus in the middle of a pyramid then imma be absolutely pissed
honestly Kratos vs Set would go hard as **** considering the Egyptians are like 10 feet tall

also should we make an optional equipment tab and how do we split it up? Imo it should be 2018 and Ragnarok and further broken down into Talismans, Pommels, Armours etc

Yeah probably

Also cool thing I noticed about all the people who died when Thor and Faye clashed, when their souls got split their memories was got ****** up a little bit and they can't remember the proper details of the day they died until you fix their split souls, tying back to the whole thing about mind being one of the parts of the soul
Memrory Manipulation 😈

also how do we feel about adding NPI and Limited Space Time Manipulation + BFR to Thor?

It's also underwhelming how some gods were underutilized, like Vidar. In Norse mythology he's the God of Vengeance, silence and..... footwear. Yeah.

Anyway his entire reason for existing is to avenge Odin's death, and he Kills Fenrir, and later survives Ragnarok. And what I've heard he's also way stronger than Thor and Odin.

In Ragnarok, he's just some dude sitting on a bench.

He could have been an after game boss, like Sigrun, and is hunting us down for killing Odin.

And also where are the other gods? Where's Njord? Would have been cool to seem him interact with Kratos, and repair his relationship with Freya. Maybe that could be DLC, I guess

I'll get to this sometime tomorrow if someone else doesn't
Finished this one. Nothing much to note besides Eric's demeanor made it seem like DLC was never a thought that crossed SMS's mind.

Other things:
Eric mentioned he would love it if Santa Monica is able to make a Castlevania game. Don't take this as it's gonna happen or in the process of happening he's just speaking as a big fan of Castlevania.

Eric says he knows who blows the horn but you have to ask Cory Barlog for the answer

Eric is unsure if PlayStation all stars, Kratos in soul caliber, and shovel knight are canon.

Back